Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cwazy Pathfinding game  (Read 962 times)

Sidsel

• Bishop
  • Respect: +174
    • View Profile
Cwazy Pathfinding game
« on: July 07, 2015, 04:53:29 pm »

3p real life, kingdom: Coin of the Realm, Guide, Haven, Messenger, Thief, Mystic, Wine Merchant, Vault, Hunting Party, Grand Market / Pathfinding

I and another went for Path+Hunting Party, with WM as payload, the last player tried for Path+GM. Without trashers, Vault was the stepping stone there. Opening Messengers threw around Coins, a Haven and a Guide for free.

Coins emptied first, then I won the split on the HPs. At this point I and the third person had 3 provinces each, so I picked up a Vault way late, to grab the last 3 GMs ($12 just from coppers and greens..) and add a duchy for the win.

The second player attempted a Thief, but with all our actions, and the Coins safely on the mat, that didn't help him much. Third player _probably_ should have taken his vault earlier, and said he should have taken a wine merchant too. The coin from GM just wasn't enough.

Anyone with other ideas?

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
Re: Cwazy Pathfinding game
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 05:06:51 pm »

I don't understand the coin pile emptying first. It seems like you only need one or two with this setup. There aren't very many cards that need the extra actions. I guess you need it if you wanted to play a lot of wm. it seems to me that gm with vault would be the best strategy here.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.