Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Season 9 - Game Reports & Discussion  (Read 13028 times)

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
Season 9 - Game Reports & Discussion
« on: July 05, 2015, 05:21:51 pm »

If you want to write about a game you or someone else played during the league, or post links to video coverage, please do so in this thread.

If you've lost a game and want to ask for advice, please post it here.
All your questions will be answered.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Master88

• Steward
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
Dominion League Season 9. Division D1. Master88 vs Micha1988
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 12:47:02 am »

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Season 9 - Game Reports & Discussion
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 08:41:14 am »
+2

At the beginning of the video when you kept getting kicked out of his games, I don't know if you ever figured this out, but it's because of the Salvager extension:

Whenever you have a game title with "for" in it, it will kick out anyone that doesn't have the exact username that follows "for" -- the game title was "for master" and not "for master88" so you kept getting auto-kicked. :)
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Master88

• Steward
    • View Profile
D1. Master88 vs tufftaeh (without 1-st game).
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 01:44:15 pm »

tufftaeh

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: tufftaeh
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 05:28:23 pm »

D1:  Micha1980 - tufftaeh 3:3

Game 1: Log - Village, Bishop, Fortress, Remodel, Counterfeit, Harvest, Laboratory, Market, Stash, Border Village (Shelters)
We start both with Remodel - Silver, my Remodel misses the shuffle and I have 5-4 (Counterfeit, Fortress in an attempt to catch up) while Micha trashes his Hovel, has 3-6 and gets his first Border Village with a Lab. Subsequently I probably overinvest in Fortresses (getting them from BV, too) and Remodels which allows me to tie the Border Village split but he has remodeled all his Shelters to Villages while I still have the Shelters. In between, I stupidly get a Market instead of another Lab (will never need the +buy). Most important, he buys a Bishop which I forget, so soon I cannot catch up anymore.

Game 2: Log - Smugglers, Village, Bridge, Fortress, Taxman, Band of Misfits, Junk Dealer, Margrave, Torturer, King's Court
Short story: We both want KC-KC-Bridge-Bridge-Bridge and Micha manages it first  (with some Torturers in between).
Starting 5-2 for a Junk Dealer certainly doesn't hurt him - I go Silver-Bridge and actually get the first KC. He buys a BoM with his second 5 and then two Torturers - I buy a second JD first and then get my first KC already. When I start getting tortured, I discard unless I have a (KCed) JD in hand. Now I think, I should have taken a Curse in t7 to buy a Torturer myself.

Game 3: Log - Lighthouse, Pearl Diver, Fishing Village, Armory, Fortress, Smithy, Talisman, Rogue, Stash, Possession
Micha starts Talisman - Fishing Village, and I ... well, I have 5-2. I don't want to follow with Talisman - something, so I buy the stupid Rogue. Obviously, I have 5 soon again ... and buy another one. He plays it very well by buying gazillions of Fortresses (after his initial two Smithies from the first Talisman) which subsequently oblige to appear when rogued. Later, I buy Gold while he doesn't which allows me to get ahead by 4 to 3 Provinces by turn 15. Unfortunately, we both have a Duchy, and mine is conveniently hit by a Rogue so he can buy the last Province. I guess I should have gone Talisman, too - or even Armory?

Game 4: Log - Haven, Secret Chamber, Masterpiece, Coppersmith, Gardens, Salvager, Scout, Spice Merchant, City, Merchant Guild
Short story: The City - Merchant Guild engine seems to be better than Masterpiece into Gardens, especially if you can buy 5 Gardens with the (not yet) engine deck and feed them to Salvagers. That empty pile is quite useful then.

Game 5: Log - Moat, Woodcutter, Gardens, Band of Misfits, Explorer, Ghost Ship, Journeyman, Library, Mine, Prince
What a horrible crap! If Prince - Woodcutter is the only "engine" I can see (into Gardens probably), Big Money must be something. We play a mirror (Silver - Silver - Silver - Gold - Gold) until Micha seems to get a lead in turn 6 with a Ghost ship over my Silver. It turns out that this doesn't really hurt me as I can use it like a (admittedly ruined) Courtyard, saving money for next turn if it is not enough anyway this turn. I guess I was pretty lucky here to get to 5 Provinces so fast.

Game 6: Log - Candlestick Maker, Hamlet, Secret Chamber, Familiar, Advisor, Quarry, Apprentice, Graverobber, Library, Margrave
Start player advantage in combination with good draws (t5 Apprentice for Estate + Familiar) don't leave much of a chance for Micha. I win the curse split 6-4 and can start to apprentice Familiars, getting Provinces from a single Graverobber and a single Gold.

As usual, I would love to see comments on what I did wrong. Unfortunately, usually nobody bothers to chime in...

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 07:01:08 pm »
+1

tufftaeh match

Game 1:

Remodel missing the shuffle is no big deal. You are ahead anyway since you got the better first $5 card (Counterfeit > Lab). Turns 5-6 you absolutely need to take a $5 card with your BV. I lean towards double Labs, but Counterfeit/Lab is also good. On this board you don't have to have more than 1-2 Fortresses because there are so many other Villages. Getting your deck under control is the most important thing here and you take too many Remodels early. The deck will go crazy once you can draw it each turn. You are right that the Markets are a mistake. The late Silver buys are also pointless, just take Villages, everything you want to do with this deck involves Remodeling stuff, not buying it.

Game 2:

I think your 3rd Bridge (Turn 7) should probably be a Fortress, but not sure. Turn 12 you should not get a 4th Bridge (something you'll never need). I think I'd only get 1 King's Court there too and more draw cards.

Game 3:

Both players skipping Armory here is a real crime. I think the Rogues look a little hopeless with both Fortress and Lighthouse around, but there's a chance you steal something nice early on. I can't much see the point of any Golds in this kingdom, unless you play it straight Smithy BM.

Game 4:

Game 5:

I agree there's not much to do here besides pick your terminal draw. I would say that any of Library/Journeyman/Ghost Ship are probably better than your 2nd Gold. He probably got 1 too many drawing terminals early.

Game 6:

I think after the Cursing I would have headed for more of an engine with two Quarries and either Hamlet/Library or lots of Advisors, with some Margraves in both. But your thing probably churns through the Provinces fast enough too.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 08:45:54 pm »

I triple-checked after reading the first post and did so again upon seeing Mic's response, but neither the Bishop nor the Fortress seemed willing to leave game 1's board. There's amazing support in the form of Remodel, BV and Lab, yet somehow the game ended on drained Provinces with a grand total of 7 Bishop points amassed between the players.

I hope this isn't too cryptic.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 08:57:26 pm »

I triple-checked after reading the first post and did so again upon seeing Mic's response, but neither the Bishop nor the Fortress seemed willing to leave game 1's board. There's amazing support in the form of Remodel, BV and Lab, yet somehow the game ended on drained Provinces with a grand total of 7 Bishop points amassed between the players.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if mirrors on this board never got around to heavy Bishoping as the 3 pile comes so fast.

edit: somehow I will need to clarify that this is not me saying I think Bishop/Fortress is bad here or not something to pursue.

edit again: Which is to say, I'm not sure if you're saying my feedback missed the main point (or if you're even criticizing me at all). But I wrote about what I actually think is the biggest problem in how the game was played, i.e. not focusing on drawing the deck.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:03:37 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 09:48:57 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised at all if mirrors on this board never got around to heavy Bishoping as the 3 pile comes so fast.

I can certainly see a 3-pile happening before any heavy Bishopping, but to have optimal play from both sides draining the Provinces before heavy Bishopping should be extremely rare. There's only a very narrow range that allows this to occur: both players would need the Province points immediately to prevent their opponent from winningly 3-piling without being able to do so themselves, because as soon as you don't need the 6 points right away, a first/second Bishop becomes the better investment. And even in those "stalemate up to Provinces" cases, it wouldn't surprise me if the player who finds himself behind going into them should take an early Bishop, so that almost all optimally played games end on a relatively comfortable early 3-pile if one of the players is much ahead, and a relatively tense Bishop-Fortress chessgame otherwise.

edit again: Which is to say, I'm not sure if you're saying my feedback missed the main point (or if you're even criticizing me at all). But I wrote about what I actually think is the biggest problem in how the game was played, i.e. not focusing on drawing the deck.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I do think you missed the main point, although I guess it's more of a philosophical difference really: what's worse, going by foot instead of by car, or moving in the wrong direction?

I find that having clear focus on your destination from the outset makes all of the other stuff a lot easier. A bit like those comic book mazes with multiple entrances and only one exit; if you start at the end you'll never take a wrong turn.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 10:13:56 pm »

I don't disagree that the draining Provinces is weird. But I view it as a symptom of the poorly built engines, the tools in their hands are pointing them to that kind of greening. I gave the feedback I did because I always found that once I started to play strong drawing decks, I could figure out the endgame stuff based on the situation. But if I can't even build the drawing deck, I'll never get experience navigating the complicated endgames.

I certainly can't give advice here about an endgame involving Bishops because there's no example in the log and it's extremely situational. To me the Remodels look more important simply because of pile control, the Bishop/Fortress interaction just looks like a way to score some points and you may or may not do it depending on the deck states. But yes, I probably should at least include the phrase "Bishop/Fortress" somewhere in my post.

I did try to think of something to say about their greening for my original post, but the decks seemed too far afield of what I expected to say much about that part of the game.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I do think you missed the main point, although I guess it's more of a philosophical difference really: what's worse, going by foot instead of by car, or moving in the wrong direction?

I find that having clear focus on your destination from the outset makes all of the other stuff a lot easier. A bit like those comic book mazes with multiple entrances and only one exit; if you start at the end you'll never take a wrong turn.

This was funny to me because when I first read it I got your intended analogy backwards! I thought car vs foot was Bishops vs Province and the wrong destination was not building a deck that can draw itself. So I agree that we are looking at this in different ways. Though we'd end up playing the game quite similarly I'd guess.

I am thinking of more analogies and remembering that I hate analogies. I really don't view the destination here as Bishop/Fortress. I view the destination as a deck with Labs and no Coppers.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:26:56 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

CG19

• Baron
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 10:30:24 pm »

D5: Log - http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150714/log.516d6ec4e4b082c74d7bf96a.1436921403947.txt

Probably our least interesting kingdom, but it had a funny ending.

Our second Urchin game, but I decide to trash lightly with Bishop instead of Mercenary because Wharf can draw through most of the cards and a few extra VP can be useful. I get a Margrave to slow his Mercenary trashing (which doesn't help too much) and win the NV split 6-4. At one point, I have $2 and the NVs are out so I grab an Embargo. My opponent does the same soon after. I put my Embargo token on the Embargos for a lack of a better card since we are mirroring and he does the same, perhaps for the same reason. I'm up by a Province and several VP chips and I realize I can buy 5 Embargos for $10, take 10 curses and win. He ends up taking 2 curses to trash with Mercenary which makes it even easier to grab the win by buying 4 Embargos, gaining 8 curses, and winning 7-0.

And thanks gkreig for the fun games! They were a blast.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:46:52 pm by CG19 »

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 01:48:44 pm »
+2

Thoughts and links on my match against mpsprs

Whole recorded stream: http://www.twitch.tv/assemble_me/c/6958351

Game 1:

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150707/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1436293033893.txt

Code: [Select]
Chancellor, Sea Hag, Smithy, Young Witch, Baker, Governor, Highway, Junk Dealer, Merchant Guild, Merchant Ship, OutpostProvinces/Estates

We both open Junk Dealer/Silver. I decide to take a second JD and also have some nice early shuffles. I can trash my Young Witch on his Governor to even out the Governor split as well, and then Outpost works very well in my trim deck.
Very happy with my play and my luck on this one.

Game 2 (starting at ~18:00):

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150707/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1436294494187.txt

Transmute, Secret Chamber, Forager, Noble Brigand, Rats, Scavenger, Apprentice, Trading Post, Fairgrounds, NoblesProvinces/Shelters

We both open Silver/Rats and go for Apprentices. I decide to pick up some Nobles before going for Provinces because I fear my deck to stall rather quickly without Rats fuel where he goes for double Province as soon as he can. Unfortunately I misplay badly in the end when I thought I could hit double Province, but I don't.
I had some comments on this one saying I should have picked up Coppers as spare buy for extra rats plays / extra trashing food for Foragers and maybe Scavenger would have been good in that deck. Also not sure if going for Nobles is the correct move.
Maybe I also shouldn't have worried about trashing shelters which I did quite long because I had Fairgrounds at the back of my mind.

Game 3 (starting at ~42:00):

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150707/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1436295969034.txt

Embargo, Secret Chamber, Masquerade, Menagerie, Conspirator, Monument, Scavenger, Young Witch, Counting House, Governor, Junk DealerProvinces/Estates

We both open Masq/Silver right into Governor this time. No one bothers about Junk Dealer here (seems like a cheap excuse, I think I would have considered it if it would have been on the first page). I'm winning the Governor split, but don't have enough Gold in my deck to go for really big turns. We have to dance around Duchies for a long time. Although I'm almost at triple Province I don't expect my deck to be able to do that (altough I'm almost there if I wouldn't have trashed my Copper the turn before... but I think then I wouldn't have been able to draw all cards).
Not sure about a lot of thing on this one. The only thing that seems clear to me is that I must have done something pretty bad after winning the Governor split. I'm not 100% sure if I could have drawn everything during my last turn if I would have kept the last Copper. Also not sure if I should have gone more for the money, less for cards with Governor in the mid game. Yet, probably the first 5 should have been a Junk Dealer for both of us.

Game 4 (starting at ~1:07:00):

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150707/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1436296402329.txt

Pearl Diver, Vagrant, Workshop, Familiar, Advisor, Spice Merchant, Tournament, Rebuild, Soothsayer, PossessionProvinces/Estates

All the "fun cards" in one kingdom. He has 5/2 and goes for Rebuild. I try to go Familiars and pick up a couple. It seems like my Familiars don't hurt him a lot - or just too late. Maybe I should have taken a Spice Merchant with my first 4$ hand after the reshuffle or should have opened with it.
Not a lot to do here but it also seems like Familiar isn't worth it and you just have to fight back with Rebuild asap.

Game 5 (starting at ~1:14:00)

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150707/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1436297414608.txt

Familiar, Bridge, Death Cart, Gardens, Ironmonger, Quarry, Taxman, Hunting Party, Soothsayer, VaultProvinces/Estates

He's opening Hunting Party/- on 5/2 where I go for Quarry/Silver. I decide to skip Familiar early on to be able to pick up multiple Hunting Parties with Bridge and Quarry while he picks up a Vault but then adds a Bridge, too. I'm winning the Hunting Party split and miss the right moment to add the Potion for a Familiar. I do get it rather late and it seems like it slows my deck down by a lot, but I'm far enough ahead as it seems my early decisions were better than his.
Still not sure when to add Potion here. Probably I should have taken it earlier or not at all and should have taken an Ironmonger or another Silver when I took the Potion. At the end it didn't matter, but this endgame was not well played by me.

Game 6 (starting ~1:30:30)

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150707/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1436298737013.txt

Cellar, Chapel, University, Forager, Shanty Town, Noble Brigand, Duke, Laboratory, Treasury, PeddlerProvinces/Estates

I open Chapel/Potion while he opens Chapel/Silver which seems worse to me, because Uni is too good in a thinned deck. He goes for a Potion after the shuffle. I'm getting ahead picking up lots of Labs and Treasuries. I don't consider going for Duchy/Duke and piles seem a bit hard to run out, so I run Provinces. He's not quite able to catch up on Duchies and Dukes.
Again it seems like I won this by making the right decisions in the early game, although I'm not sure I got Labs and Treasuries in the correct order. I probably should have taken 1-2 Cellars with late Uni plays or when I got 20$ and went 2xProvince+Peddler.

Things to learn for me after this game:
- Better look at the money in your deck when playing an engine, especially if some economy comes from trashing cards.
- You can go for Duchies and Dukes with an engine, too

Btw: You can see the whole match from his perspective, too: http://www.twitch.tv/mpsprs/c/6941291
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 02:57:51 am by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 08:23:19 am »

My match vs. Iguana Iguana:

sc0UT

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: sc0UT
  • Respect: +106
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 11:30:57 am »
+1

Game 2:
You missed a forced win on turn 13 (19:48) by piling out estates + 1 province. You could have won that one.  ;)

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 05:19:15 pm »

My match against Emeric.

The game that starts at 54:30 and ends at about 1:20:00 never actually ended because of goko shenanigans.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • See you in the Outpost
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 02:17:36 pm »

My match against Jean-Michel

Quite a few number of quick coin flips

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 09:30:32 am »
+3

Thoughts and links on my match against vsiewnar
Whole recorded stream: http://www.twitch.tv/assemble_me/v/8422178

Game 1 (starting at ~13:30 - while waiting I successfully played a game against SCSN which of course had to stay in the highlighted video as well ;))
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150720/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1437429406553.txt

Duchess, Scheme, Philosopher's Stone, Cutpurse, Pirate Ship, Procession, Remake, Explorer, Upgrade, Prince
(Provinces, Shelters)
Not a spectacular board here. I decide to play Cutpurse-Explorer BM where he decides to take Upgrade over Explorer, which I don't really like with Shelters.
The chat said I upgraded into an Estate way too early, also they didn't like my random Scheme, which I have to say played out okay there, I think.
On his last turn I said something about him being brave for trashing a Duchy - of course he already knew he could just tie because you draw before trashing with Upgrade, which I simply forgot there.

Game 2 (starting at ~25:45)
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150720/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1437431534835.txt

Storeroom, Herald, Ironworks, Wandering Minstrel, Governor, Journeyman, Laboratory, Merchant Ship, Wharf, Peddler
(Provinces, Estates)
Huge engine board with lots of options. I open Wharf on 5/2 while he has 4/3 and goes for Ironworks/Silver. I'm not sure whether I should pick up an Ironworks first or a Silver. He gets a Minstrel and then goes for lots of Heralds and focuses on Governors. I get Minstrels for 4 and focus on Wharves instead and can also pick up some Peddlers that way. I missed a forced win on turn 11, which of course is always terrible although he might have defensively trashed 4$s into Duchies with my Governors. After that he could just outscore me with his Governors.
Overall the chat agreed with most of my early decisions but it's probably close between what I did and what he did, although they also thought I should have kept going for Wharves instead of dipping in for two Governors. In the end I messed it up which is just really sad.

Game 3 (starting at ~1:03:30)
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150720/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1437433421433.txt

Courtyard, Develop, Great Hall, Oasis, Familiar, Death Cart, Ironworks, Walled Village, Counting House, Mint
(Provinces, Estates)
We both open Courtyard/Potion and add Familiars and Ironworks to pick up Great Halls. He goes for Mint and Develop a bit late and can't really clean up his deck while I just run out Duchies and Great Halls.
The chat suggested to Mint early and to pick up Develop on the first 3$ hand and also to pick up Walled Villages with Ironworks instead of Great Halls, meaning going much more engine-like than either of us did.

Game 4 (starting at ~1:19:00)
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150720/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1437433421433.txt

Transmute, Cellar, Alchemist, Conspirator, Feodum, Mining Village, Embassy, Merchant Ship, Mine, Stash
(Provinces, Shelters)
I'm not a big fan of Alchemist stacks in general and particularly not here, so I decide just to play Embassy-BM while he goes for Alchemists, Conspirators and Cellars. It looks like my Embassies like to appear late in my shuffles and also miss quite some times there.
Looks like the chat would have added a second Embassy over the second Gold and they also were not sure about my first Duchy.
I feel like I got unlucky here, but I guess sometimes that's just how Embassy works.

Game 5 (starting at ~1:34:00)
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150720/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1437436120546.txt

Forager, Oracle, Philosopher's Stone, Fortress, Spice Merchant, Spy, Margrave, Minion, Royal Seal, Bank
(Provinces, Estates)
We both decide not to go for Minions here and build a regular draw engine with Margraves and Fortresses and Bank for big payload. He has 5/2 and can open Margrave which can always set your opponent under a lot of pressure right from the start. I open Spice Merchant/Silver and it seems like I get away with it somehow as I can thin a bit more early on. Still I reach a bad position somehow where I have to pick up a couple of Duchies and probably should have thought about adding that extra Copper a bit longer, because I could have triple Provinced that way.
The chat suggested going for lots of Minions to play lots of Foragers with Fortresses and to make Forager worth lots of $$. I'm not able to say if that's better than what we did.

Game 6 (starting at ~2:23:00)
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150720/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1437437612699.txt

Lighthouse, Scheme, Steward, Storeroom, Swindler, Noble Brigand, Cache, Outpost, Saboteur, Fairgrounds
(Provinces, Shelters)
He opens Swindler/Steward while I go Steward/Lightouse. I pick up a couple of Swindlers while he got no Lighthouses early and it looks like I have some nice Swindler hits, but probably I shouldn't have given him two Fairgrounds for Golds. Probably I didn't think about Fairgrounds for too long in this game.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:41:10 am by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

Master88

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 05:53:05 am »

My match vs EgorK:

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 11:56:18 am »

My match vs. Calamitas:

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • See you in the Outpost
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 01:42:25 pm »
+1

My match against yudai214

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 11:01:23 am »
+1

My match vs. calimero:

Jeb

• Moneylender
  • All decks on hand!
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 03:05:44 pm »
+2

Qvist,

at 7:42 of the video, you had the win if you took the 2 coins from Trusty Steed.   ;D

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 05:22:48 pm »
+1

In game 2 you seem to be in love with Torturer but they are terrible for you after he played Dame Anna twice and got a ton of Menageries; you should have been buying Smithy over Torturer had you wanted terminal draw.

There was also a hand where you had Dame Natalie, Torturer and complete junk. The obvious play there is to play Natalie because a Knight attack itself is better than a single Torturer even without him having Menageries, and it would have allowed you to gain a Menagerie yourself whereas the Torturer was likely to draw a lot of stuff dead, giving you just a useless turn.

In general you just really underestimated how great the Menageries were for him that game, and it's only because he got multiple Horns and didn't use his Anna plays to trash Coppers instead of Estates/Curses (getting rid of Coppers is much better for Menagerie) that he didn't win more convincingly.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • See you in the Outpost
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 05:37:31 pm »

My match against Simon (DK)

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2015, 01:29:49 pm »

My match vs. drsteelhammer:

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.