Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sheriff  (Read 1062 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Sheriff
« on: July 04, 2015, 01:24:17 pm »
+1

So I was thinking both of an Attack-Reserve card as well as a Reserve "Moat" kind of card, and I realized it would be neat to have an Attack that put other players' cards on their Tavern mat.  This is also flavorful - a Sheriff puts opponents' cards in "jail", and sets your own cards free.  It couldn't hit Victory cards, because that would be too automatic, or other Reserve cards, because that's actually helpful for them.  Sure, it'll hit Coppers, but that's also decreasing their spending for that turn, like Cutpurse.

As for the "Moat" part, a Reserve "Moat" would have to be an Attack itself, so there's something it can be called to do.

Sheriff
- Action-Attack-Reserve

+

You may discard a non-Reserve card from your Tavern mat.  Each other player with at least 5 cards in hand puts a non-Reserve Action or Treasure card from their hand on their Tavern mat (or reveals a hand with no such cards).  Put this on your Tavern mat.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
When another player plays an Attack, you may call this, to ignore its effects.

Actually, I'm realizing this shouldn't have a Moat part or a Reserve bit.  It should just be:

Sheriff
- Action-Attack

+

You may discard a non-Reserve card from your Tavern mat.  Each other player with at least 5 cards in hand puts a non-Reserve Action or Treasure card from their hand on their Tavern mat (or reveals a hand with no such cards).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:27:15 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

GeeJo

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
Re: Sheriff
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:40:44 pm »

Looks perfectly fine but, now that Sheriff's own Reserve-Moat thing is gone, I'd consider using a custom mat rather than the Tavern Mat. Unless there's a particular reason to not want to lock up Reserve cards too. It just works cleaner.

As an aside, I had my own take on an arrest-happy Sheriff a while ago, though mine needed a bribe to let them out.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:44:22 pm by GeeJo »

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
Re: Sheriff
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 04:02:10 pm »

I would think the theme isn't just that Sheriff puts people in jail, specifically he puts people who attack you in jail, and that fits the "moat" theme.  So my version would be something like:

Sheriff - Action - Reserve - $5
+$2 (or maybe +2 cards?)
You may discard all cards on all players' Jail mats.  Put this on your Tavern mat.
---------------------------------
When another player plays an attack, you may call this.  If you do, the attack does not affect you, and put it on that player's Jail mat.

So when you play it, you can decide to let everyone out of jail (your attacks but also opponent's).  Then you can call it to jail one attack. 
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 20 queries.