Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18  All

Author Topic: The Grand Tournament Discussion  (Read 102109 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand Tournament Discussion
« Reply #225 on: August 10, 2015, 01:13:40 pm »

Well.  Dreadsteed will go well with Baron Riverdare.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 10, 2015, 01:20:27 pm »
+1

Pretty cool card.

Dreadsteed - Warlock Epic (Minion)
4 Mana 1/1 Demon
Deathrattle: Summon a Dreadsteed

Also, looks like Dominion's Cutpurse is invading Hearthstone:
http://www.hearthhead.com/news=248654/lance-bearer-and-cutpurse-cards-from-the-grand-tournament-revealed
Kinda like the Lance Bearer in that post.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2015, 01:52:13 pm »

Is dreadsteed good though? I mean it's cool, but so what if I have infinite 1/1's? Silence kills it too, so it's 4 mana do nothing then.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 10, 2015, 01:57:03 pm »

Is dreadsteed good though? I mean it's cool, but so what if I have infinite 1/1's? Silence kills it too, so it's 4 mana do nothing then.

No, there'd need to be some crazy interaction with other new cards to make that playable.  Now if it had Charge...

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 10, 2015, 01:57:40 pm »

You can't have zero mana crystals, I can't even think of a way to have the resources to use Baron Rivendare+new temp mana crystal guy to get down that low.

There are edge cases where it's possible. For example, you have 5 copies of the new druid minion that destroys a manaa crystal on deathrattle, (either through Duolicate o because it's Arena), Baron Rivendare, and you Astral Communication costs 0 due to Thaurrissan/Millhouse.

Card sure seems interesting.
This can happen on turn 2 in constructed, doesn't need more than 2 guys.

P2T1: coin Innervate, x2 mana destruct guy.
P1T2: Milhouse
P2T2: sack both mana destructoguys, (now at 0 mana), play astral for free.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 10, 2015, 02:00:26 pm »

No, there'd need to be some crazy interaction with other new cards to make that playable.  Now if it had Charge...
Warrior synergy. Cripes. If a warrior could somehow get one in hand with Warsong, 7 mana, summon a 2/3, a charging 1/1 and destroy all enemy minions (roughly).

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:02:15 pm by Haddock »
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2015, 02:01:30 pm »

Pretty cool card.

4 Mana 1/1 Demon

http://www.hearthhead.com/news=248654/lance-bearer-and-cutpurse-cards-from-the-grand-tournament-revealed

I was pretty excited about this card until I saw the cost. Now I think it's pretty underwhelming. If it was 3 I think there'd be some fun decks that use it. If it was 2 it would be OP.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2015, 02:03:28 pm »

Looks pretty good for Zoolock since they run enough buffing cards such as Dire Wolf and PO.  It makes it so you always have a minion to buff with PO, which is significant a lot of the time.  Being able to shadowflame it, void terror it, and still have a guy to buff is pretty nice.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2015, 02:15:49 pm »

Pretty cool card.

4 Mana 1/1 Demon

I was pretty excited about this card until I saw the cost. Now I think it's pretty underwhelming. If it was 3 I think there'd be some fun decks that use it. If it was 2 it would be OP.
I think they were conservative with the cost because of the potential with Baron Rivendare. If you ever get 4 or more of these things on the board at once, it would enable a wonky Control Warlock archetype that runs lots of AoE like Hellfires, Demonwraths, Explosive Sheeps, supported by minions like Sea Giant, Anima Golem, Cult Master, Gormok. You don't want that craziness to be easy.

As it, it's the ultimately utility card for zoo in that it helps guarantee value for all minions that need another minion to do stuff (Sergeant, Dire Wolf, Argus, Void Terror, Power Overwhelming, knife Juggler after respawn, etc.) but gives very little value outside of those synergies. If you think of it as a permanent free Mage hero power for 4 mana, you can also least see how it fits the theme of the expansion.

I am definitely trying this thing out.

Warrior synergy. Cripes. If a warrior could somehow get one in hand with Warsong, 7 mana, summon a 2/3, a charging 1/1 and destroy all enemy minions (roughly).
Or summon this for your opponent and go to town with Grim Patron + Warsong.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2015, 02:26:14 pm »

I think Void Steed has more promise for Handlock than Zoolock, although it doesn't have much promise in either.  In Handlock you already have a big silence target in Twilight Drake, so if you run Void Steed and both Sludge Belchers then you can get your opponent to run out of silences.

There are some auxillary benefits to getting the guy out there as handlock.  You can sac pact him after dropping moltens, although that's probably janky, especially since it's a demon so it nombos with Voidcaller for Malganis handlock, which is the main other use for sac pact.  You always have the ability to cycle Mortal Coil, that's nice.  It can do 1 damage to some minion every turn, that's nice.  Most importantly, every time you drop a Sunfury or DoA there will be a little dude to taunt up on one side, and it only takes 1 HP of taunt to block an entire attack.
And there's the PO shadowflame, that too.

Maybe it's a card, but probably not. 

Cutpurse got me excited, but then I realized it's a Pint Sized Summoner that can't be a Pint Sized Summoner if you need to trade it with a 3/2, probably not good enough :/

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2015, 02:29:03 pm »

I hope someone in a big streamed tournament pulls Voidsteed out of their Piloted Sky Golem, drops Warsong Commander, but loses because the animation times make it impossible for him to clear board in time.  Then maybe Blizzard would be forced to make some improvements.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2015, 02:32:00 pm »

I'm somewhat excited about Lance Bearer. It looks like it could be a pretty nice replacement for Dire Wolf Alpha in my Pally aggro build.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2015, 02:37:01 pm »

I'm somewhat excited about Lance Bearer. It looks like it could be a pretty nice replacement for Dire Wolf Alpha in my Pally aggro build.
Yeah the Lance Bearer is nice because it punishes passive opponents. Say you have a Nerubian Egg of whatever and your opponent has no minions, you'd often want to hold off on cards like Abusive Sergeant or Dire Wolf if they're your only enabler. With this card you can buff your creates and the creature you buff remains a problem instead of the Lance Bearer. And it's +2 attack which is enough to be meaningful.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 10, 2015, 02:37:47 pm »

I dunno.  DWA is 3/2 with 1 minion on board, 2/2 with 0 minions on board.  Lance Bearer is 3/2 with 1 minion on board, 1/2 with 0 minions on board.

Yeah I like it with Egg, ninja-markusin, but Egg isn't used in aggro pally.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2015, 02:39:58 pm »

I dunno.  DWA is 3/2 with 1 minion on board, 2/2 with 0 minions on board.  Lance Bearer is 3/2 with 1 minion on board, 1/2 with 0 minions on board.
But it's one less charging damage at 1 minion than Lance Bearer, and the buff doesn't go away after the Lance Bearer dies. Dire Wolf is considerably better after something like Implosion and Muster for Battle however.

Edit from pops ninja edit: true Nerubian doesn't see use in aggro Pally. It sure makes Shielded Mini-bot a lot more threatening though
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:41:23 pm by markusin »

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 10, 2015, 05:38:26 pm »

But it's one less charging damage at 1 minion than Lance Bearer, and the buff doesn't go away after the Lance Bearer dies. Dire Wolf is considerably better after something like Implosion and Muster for Battle however.

Edit from pops ninja edit: true Nerubian doesn't see use in aggro Pally. It sure makes Shielded Mini-bot a lot more threatening though
Thinking about this a little more, Lance Bearer is quite dangerous when paired with Divine Shield minions. Turn 1 Argent Squire or coined Mini-bot. Turn 2 buff Divine Shield minion with Lance Bearer and kill whatever minion they just played (even Zombie Chow) or just go face if they didn't play any minions. This puts your opponent in a tough situation before you even had a chance to play Muster For Battle. It also gives you more reason to play that 2/1 Divine Shield charger over Wolfrider.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 10, 2015, 05:44:11 pm »

Cutpurse got me excited, but then I realized it's a Pint Sized Summoner that can't be a Pint Sized Summoner if you need to trade it with a 3/2, probably not good enough :/
You can give it a little more credit than that since the coin can work on spells, and so on Turn 2 you can go face then Coin+HP+Deadly Poison to kill the 2 drop. If your opponent plays an Unstable Ghoul then you can cry. At 2 health it's not made to last. It can't even stand up to a Leper Gnome or Zombie Chow on it's own.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 10, 2015, 06:38:18 pm »

Also, Cutpurse is a Pint Sized Summoner that lets you hoard more than 1 coin if you need the mana reduction later. The coin also enables Combo.

I still agree that it's not amazing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it sees play.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 10, 2015, 10:34:22 pm »
+1

Guys.

T1 Coin-Innervate-Darnassus Aspirant-Recombobulator

gg

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 10, 2015, 11:32:58 pm »

Guys.

gg

(...)-Recombobulator

gg

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 11, 2015, 10:32:22 am »

Guys.

gg

(...)-Recombobulator

gg
And Recombobulator has a new friend:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/22338-icehowl

Icehowl - Neutral Legendary Minion
9 mana 10/10
Charge
Can't attack heroes.

Aww man this doesn't even kill Ysera. Maybe works in an Aviana Ramp Druid Build? Note that silencing it also removes it's charge. Doesn't seem strong enough for constructed.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 11, 2015, 11:41:03 am »
+1

Icehowl is really cool though. I like it even if it's not strong. It's an interesting way to keep it from just being King Krush.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2015, 01:32:04 pm »
+2

Shamans getting some more love:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/card-discussion/55006-new-shaman-card-healing-wave

3 Mana Shaman Spell
Restore 7 Health
<win a Joust> Restore 14 instead

Shaman might want early game minions to survive though.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 11, 2015, 01:47:59 pm »

That's got to be the best Joust card so far.  Shaman is one of the best classes at controlling without running cheap minions, because they have Earth Shock, Rockbiter, Stormforged Axe, Lightning Bolt, Crackle, Spirit Wolves, Lightning Storm, and Hex. 

It's interesting that Joust combos with Ancestral Call (what's the 4 mana alarmobot called again?) because both mechanics make you want to not run cheap minions.

Jank Arcane Intellect is also helpful for the archetype, I'm a bit interested.  (not as interested as I am in recombobulating Darnassus aspirant though)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 11, 2015, 01:57:34 pm »

Anyone else get the feeling that Blizzard is trying to reveal all the shitty cards first?  Though Healing Wave does seem pretty nice.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.