Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Pokemon Dominion  (Read 3956 times)

shmeur

• Young Witch
  • I'm a Dominion card lol.
  • Respect: +115
    • View Profile
Pokemon Dominion
« on: June 27, 2015, 04:42:31 pm »
+3

I thought it would be cool to make a Pokemon variant.  Obviously, these cards probably wouldn’t work with many other Dominion cards, except perhaps the vanilla cards and of course Money/Curses/Victory cards, because they have more reactions with each other.  The Attack choice mechanic is essentially the same as choose: X or Y (except when I refer to Attack, I mean that kind).  The names are just for flavor.  Here are some (well, 65, sorry; it was kind of addicting) I thought of, but feel free to add your own.  I also threw in items, places, and people in the mix.

Ditto - Action - $5
Transform: Choose a card the player on your right played last turn.  This is that card until it leaves play.

Meowth - Action - $5
Fake Out: If this is the first card you’ve played this turn, +2 Cards, +2 Actions.
Pay Day: Gain a coin token.

Haunter - Action/Duration - $5
Curse: Each other player gains a curse.
Disable: Name any Attack.  Until your next turn, that Attack costs an Extra action.

Cubone - Action - $3
Bonemerang: +2 Cards

If this your only card in play, +1 Action

Jigglypuff - Action - $2
Sing: Each other player flips their Sleep token over (it starts Face-Down).
Wake-Up Slap: Each other player with a Face-Up Sleep token discards down to 3 cards.

Hypno - Action - $3
+1 Card
+1 Action
Hypnosis: Each other players flips their Sleep token over.
Nightmare: Each other player with a Face-Up Sleep token gains a curse.

Snorlax - Action - $5
Rest: Flip your Sleep token over.  Trash a curse from your hand or discard pile.
Sleep Talk: If your Sleep token is Face-Up, +3 Cards, +1 Action.  Flip it Face-Down.

Miltank - Action - $5
+1 Action
Milk Drink: +1 Card, +$1
Heal Bell: Trash up to 4 curses from your hand.  +1 Card per curse.

Trubbish - Action/Reaction - $4
+1 Action
Stockpile: Put one of your Stockpile tokens (max. 3) on your Stockpile mat.
Spit Up: Remove up to 3 Stockpile tokens from you Stockpile mat.  +2 Cards per token.

Recycle: When a card is trashed, you may reveal this card from your hand to gain it.

Linoone - Action - $5
+$1
Belly Drum: Discard 2 cards.  +4 Cards
Odor Sleuth: Discard a curse from your hand.  If you do, gain a coin token.

Poliwrath - Action - $4
+$1
Bulk Up: +1 Card, +1 Action
Circle Throw: Each other player discards down to 4 cards

Audino - Action - $4
+1 Card
Double-Slap: +2 Actions
Wish: +1 Action.  Name a card.  Reveal the top card of your deck.  If it’s the named card, put it into your hand.

Mr. Mime - Action/Reaction - $3
+1 Action
Psychic: Look at every other player’s hand.
Trick: Your opponent passes an Action from their hand to your hand, or reveals a hand with no actions.  If they do so, pass an Action card you have in play in their hand.

Barrier: When another player plays an Attack or Action that affects you, you may discard this card from your hand to be unaffected.

Gliscor - Action - $5
Fling - Return a card in your hand to its Supply pile.
Acrobatics - Reveal your hand.  If there are no Action cards, +2 Cards, +2 Actions.  Otherwise, +1 Card, +1 Action.

Chansey - Action - $3
+2 Actions
Softboiled: All players (including you) gain a card.  Trash up to 3 cards from your hand.
Egg Bomb: Look at the top two cards of each other player’s deck.  Discard one and put the other back on top.

Alakazam - Action - $6
+2 Cards
Future Sight: +1 Action.  Look at the top 3 cards of your deck, and put them back in any order.
Role Play: Put your Role Play token on any card in the supply.  The bottom text of this card becomes the bottom text of that card.

Confusion: When you trash this card, put a curse in your hand.

Riolu - Action - $3
Copycat - Play the last Attack you played this turn again.
Roar - Each other player puts their hands in their deck, shuffles, and draws 5 cards.

Spinda - Action - $5
+1 Action
Superpower: the first time you play a Spinda this turn, +1 Buy; the second time you play a Spinda this turn +1 Buy, +$2; each extra time you play a Spinda this turn, +1 Card, +1 Buy, +$2.
Assist: Reveal a card from your hand.  Choose an Attack on it and play it.

Doduo - Action - $2
+1 Action
Double Hit: Each other player discards the top two cards of their deck.
Gust: Shuffle your deck.

When you discard this card from play, you may exchange it for a Dodrio.

Dodrio - Action - $0*
+2 Actions
Tri Attack: Gain a card from the supply costing up to $3.  Trash a card from your hand.  Gain a coin token.
Whirlwind: Shuffle your hand into your deck.  Draw the amount of cards you discarded.

Chandelure - Action/Reaction - $4
+1 Action
Hex: Each player (including you) with less than 5 cards gains a curse.
Heat Wave: Each player with 5 or more cards (including you) discards down to 4 cards.

Destiny Bond: When this card is trashed by the effects of another card, trash that card too.

Beedrill - Action - $5
U-Turn: +1 Card.  Return this card to your hand.
Twineedle: +2 Actions

Wobbuffet - Action/Reaction - $3
Safeguard: While this is in play, when another player plays an Attack, it doesn’t affect you.
—-
Encore: When another player plays an Attack, you may discard this card from your hand to make them repeat that action.

Ferroseed - Action - $3
+1 Card
+1 Action
Leech Seed: +1 Card.  Discard a card.

When you discard this card from play, you may exchange it for a Ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn - Action/Reaction - $0*
+1 Card
+1 Action
Leech Seed: +1 Card.  Discard a card.
Spikes: Name a card.  Until your next turn, whenever other play plays that card, they must discard a card first.

Protect: When this card would be discarded (outside of the clean-up phase) you may put it back in your hand.

Smeargle - Action - $6
Sketch 1 - Put your Sketch 1 token on any Attack from a card in the supply.  This becomes that Attack.
Sketch 2 - Put your Sketch 2 token on any Attack from a card in the supply.  This becomes that Attack.

Electrode - Action - $3
Explode: Trash this card.  Every player (including you) trashes a card from their hand.

Charmander - Action - $2
Ember: You may trash a treasure card from your hand.

When you discard this card from play, you may exchange it for a Charmeleon.

Charmeleon - Action - $0*
Flamethrower: You may trash up to two Victory Cards from your hand.

When you discard this card from play, you may exchange it for a Charizard.

Charizard - Action - $0*
Fire Blast: You may trash up to 3 cards from your hand.  Each other player with 4 or more cards must discard a card.

When you discard this card from play, you may exchange it for either Mega-Charizard X or Mega-Charizard Y.

Mega-Charizard X - Action/Duration - $0*
+1 Action
+1 Buy
+$3
Flare Blitz: You may trash up to 3 cards from your hand; for each card trashed, +1 Card.  Each other player with 4 or more cards must discard down to 3 cards.
Outrage: Now and at the start of your next turn: +$1 for each Action you have in play.

Mega-Charizard Y - Action/Duration $0*
+1 Action
+1 Buy
+$3
Blast Burn: You may trash up to 3 cards from your hand; for each card trashed, +1 Card.  Each other player with 4 or more cards must discard down to 3 cards.
Fly: Now and at the start of your next turn: +2 Cards.

Togekiss - Action - $5
Metronome: The person to your left chooses a card you have in play.  Play it again.
Heal Bell: Trash up to 4 curses from your hand.  +1 VP per curse.

Magikarp - Action - $2
Splash: End your turn.

When you discard this card from play, you may exchange it for a Gyarados.

Gyarados - Action - $0*
+Buy
+$1
Dragon Dance: +2 Cards, +2 Actions

Bisharp - Action - $5
+1 Buy
+$1
Swords Dance: +2 Cards
Knock Off: Each other player discards an Action card from their hand or reveals a card with no Actions.

Goldenrod City - Action - $4
+1 Card
+2 Actions
—-
When you gain this, gain a coin token.

Lavender Town - Action - $5
+1 Card
+2 Actions
—-
When you gain this, each other player gains a curse.

Super Rod - Action - $3
Put a card from your deck into your hand.

Silph Scope - Action - $2
+1 Action
+1 Buy
Gain a curse.  If you do, +2 coin tokens.

Focus Sash - Action/Reaction - $3
+$1

When one of your cards would be trashed, you may instead trash this from your hand.

Amulet Coin - Treasure - $5
Choose a treasure you have in play.  This is worth that much.

Choice Specs - Action - $6
Name a card.  You may only play that card for the remainder of the turn, but play it twice each time.

Rare Candy - Action - $3
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand.  Gain a card costing exactly 1 more than it, adding it to your hand.

Elite 4 - Action/Victory - $4
+$1
Gain an Elite token.

Worth 1 VP for every 4 Elite tokens (rounded down).

Victory Road - Action/Victory - $5
+3 VP if you have at least eight other cards in play.
Otherwise, +1 VP.

2 VP

Indigo Plateau - Action/Victory - $4
+1 Card
+2 Actions

1 VP

Poke-Mart - Action - $5
+1 Action
+1 Buy
+$2

Look at the top three cards of the Mart Pile.  Put one in your hand and the others on the bottom.

[Mart Pile: (2 Copies of each in a shuffled Face-Down deck, 3 copies in multiplayer.)
Revive - Action - $0*
Put a card from the Trash into your hand.
—
After playing this, put it in the trash.

Pokeball - Action - $0*
Put a card costing up to $2 from the supply into your hand.

Repel - Action - $0*
Look at the top 5 cards of your deck.  Discard the actions, and put the rest back in any order.

Smoke Ball - Action - $0*
Discard an Action card costing up to $5 from your hand.  Draw cards equal to its cost.

Antidote - Action - $0*
Trash a curse from your hand.  If you do, +1 Card.

After playing this, put it in the trash.]

Poke-Center - Action - $4
You may trash a card from your hand.  Draw until you have 6 cards in hand.

Gym Badge - Action - $2
+$1
+1 VP

Move Tutor - Action - $5
+1 Action
Name a card.  As long as this card is in play, that card produces an extra +$1.

Pokedex - Action - $4
+1 Card
+1 Action
Gain an Action card costing the exact amount of different cards you have in play.

Professor Oak - Action - $3
+1 Action
Look at the top three cards of your deck.  Add one to your hand, discard one, and put the other back on the top of your deck.

Gary Oak - Action - $5
+$2
If you have exactly 6 cards in your hand, +$3.

Champion Cynthia - Action/Victory- $7
+1 VP

4 VP

Gym Leader Misty - Action - $2
+1 Buy
+$1

When you trash this card, gain a Silver.

Gym Leaders Tate and Liza - Action - $4
+1 Card
+2 Actions
$2.
Discard a card.

Gym Leader Sabrina - Action - $2
+1 Buy
+$1
Reveal the top card of your deck, and either put it back or discard it.

Team Rocket - Action - $4
+2 Actions
Each other player reveals a card from their hand.  You may choose one to gain a copy of from the supply.

Giovanni - Action - $5
+Card
+Action
+1$

When this card is trashed, gain 2 VP.

Pokemon I think would be cool cards but won’t make because this list is already too long: Eevee, Delibird, Rotom, Aegislash, Castform, Slaking, Dunsparce, Jynx, Shedinja, Arceus, Porygon-Z.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 04:46:16 pm by shmeur »
"I can move mountains; I can work a miracle."

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Dominion
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 09:24:41 pm »

You should replace the shelters/estates with treasures named pokeball, then require a pokeball to buy a pokemon card.  Otherwise you buy the normal Dominion cards in the kingdom (or Giovanni or whatever)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 10:09:22 pm »

Just skimmed through the cards real quick so I only have 1 thing I noticed to comment on. Team Rocket seems extremely weak. Most of the time it will be nothing but a Necropolis, especially in a 2 player game. Now if it gave +1 card, +2 actions, it could be a Village+ for $4. Probably at the Walled Village level, but still at least it would get bought.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 11:43:08 am »

But against 5 province hand is so stronk

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 12:16:23 pm »
+2

But against 5 province hand is so stronk

Step 1: let your opponent trash his starting Estates, build an engine, and buy 5 Provinces.
Step 2: play 5 Bureaucrats, maybe with the help of Rabble, every turn until you know your opponent has a hand of 5 Provinces.
Step 3: gain all the remaining Provinces at once
Step 4: lose.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 07:34:40 pm »

But only because you skipped all support Monumenting!

shmeur

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 10:09:40 pm »

Just skimmed through the cards real quick so I only have 1 thing I noticed to comment on. Team Rocket seems extremely weak. Most of the time it will be nothing but a Necropolis, especially in a 2 player game. Now if it gave +1 card, +2 actions, it could be a Village+ for $4. Probably at the Walled Village level, but still at least it would get bought.
Could work with hand-size reducers.  But yeah.  I don't expect them all to be balanced.  I was just trying to introduce an interesting flavor concept since it seems quite a few people (judging by signatures) are into Pokemon.  I also hoped more people would post their own but alas.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 09:09:55 pm »
+1

Could work with hand-size reducers.  But yeah.  I don't expect them all to be balanced.  I was just trying to introduce an interesting flavor concept since it seems quite a few people (judging by signatures) are into Pokemon.  I also hoped more people would post their own but alas.
You already posted them all.

qazzquimby

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 04:18:35 am »

You should focus on the first 151 and make add evolutions.

shmeur

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 12:51:26 am »

You already posted them all.
Um I just posted some examples.  I figured people here would be Poke-fans but guess not

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 09:29:21 am »

I think I would want this to be more regular in what the rules do. (i.e. all pokemon exchange) I think it would work better as a spin-off than as a set of fan cards, so that the theme could be better.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.