Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17  All

Author Topic: Latest Release  (Read 121041 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Release
« Reply #275 on: October 03, 2015, 01:04:36 am »

Current version is still incredibly laggy and effectively unplayable.

Scrying Pool should not take this long to resolve on fastest possible speed.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 03, 2015, 01:11:54 am »
+1

There is no reason that I should have to wait to watch things resolve.  The game state should be able to change effectively instantly.  That's the whole point of playing an electronic version; you don't have to do all the things that take time.  Why emulate taking time?

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 03, 2015, 02:29:07 am »
+4

There is no reason that I should have to wait to watch things resolve.  The game state should be able to change effectively instantly.  That's the whole point of playing an electronic version; you don't have to do all the things that take time.  Why emulate taking time?

You just haven't played it enough Witherweaver, your opinion is hasty and unreasonable. Your perception of time still needs to be corrected by this new and revolutionary piece of enlightening technology.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2015, 05:49:01 am »
+16

I guess I'll still try the new version again once the animations are (finally) fixed. *sigh*
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a gauntleted hand clicking on a download button - forever.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2015, 08:35:40 am »
+1

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a gauntleted hand clicking on a download button - forever.

Yeah,

Animations good, more animations better

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 03, 2015, 06:51:23 pm »

I just want to say that the Kingdom Builder is awesome! I didn't expect it would come back, but I'm really glad it did. <3
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 05, 2015, 09:16:21 am »

I asked about misclick prevention on the MF forums and this is what I got.

I'm still keeping a lot of hope for 2.0. Yeah, some features are no better than 1.0/Goko and some are even worse, but can be said for 2.0 is that they're still working on it. And I don't think they're gonna make it official until at least most of it is f.ds-approved.

(You know, maybe they're waiting until they implement the Adventures cards to work in misclick prevention? Adventures adds a ton of new mechanics so it's not impossible that they'd want to move around the old buttons while they're adding the new ones.)
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 05, 2015, 09:21:05 am »
+1

Quote from: Jeff (Developer);39759
The next release (2.0.42) will be a relatively quick one, so we'll have to see how much we can get done. Things slated
We won't get all the features we want in before we shut 1.0 down, but afterwards we'll continue to implement features and release regularly. In fact it will be easier then, because we can focus our time on that instead of supporting 1.0. Features we desperately want like social features (friends list, etc.), the ability to play on tablets, and ones like I mentioned in the previous post will likely come shortly after shutting 1.0 down.

This implies to me they'll shut the old version down before the new one is good enough, worst case probably being shutdown in 1-2 weeks when the iOs-App is approved.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 05, 2015, 09:24:37 am »

Quote from: Jeff (Developer);39759
The next release (2.0.42) will be a relatively quick one, so we'll have to see how much we can get done. Things slated
We won't get all the features we want in before we shut 1.0 down, but afterwards we'll continue to implement features and release regularly. In fact it will be easier then, because we can focus our time on that instead of supporting 1.0. Features we desperately want like social features (friends list, etc.), the ability to play on tablets, and ones like I mentioned in the previous post will likely come shortly after shutting 1.0 down.

This implies to me they'll shut the old version down before the new one is good enough, worst case probably being shutdown in 1-2 weeks when the iOs-App is approved.

So you're saying there will be nowhere to play Dominion online?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 05, 2015, 09:41:44 am »

Well, there will be the thing that is now the MF beta client.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 05, 2015, 11:28:36 am »
+5

Well, there will be the thing that is now the MF beta client.

Which is, let's stress again, still less polished than the Prismata alpha client.

I suppose we shouldn't have actually expected anything better than Goko releasing what is really an alpha into the wild, just because it's now a different company.

Everyone close your eyes and imagine a past where Playdek got the Dominion license.  It's a wonderful dream.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 05, 2015, 11:33:35 am »

Everyone close your eyes and imagine a past where Playdek got the Dominion license.  It's a wonderful dream.

Don't they only make games for iOS, though?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 05, 2015, 11:42:08 am »
+1

And let's also remember that they spent months (MONTHS!) re-coding everything from scratch, including all the bad UI.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 05, 2015, 11:47:57 am »
+6

And let's also remember that they spent months (MONTHS!) re-coding everything from scratch, including all the bad UI.

I wonder how many months were spent making the animations...

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 05, 2015, 12:01:12 pm »

Everyone close your eyes and imagine a past where Playdek got the Dominion license.
That's basically the only thing imaginable worse tahn what happened.

azadin

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2015, 07:02:50 pm »

Everyone close your eyes and imagine a past where Playdek got the Dominion license.
That's basically the only thing imaginable worse tahn what happened.

Barring the limited platform support Playdek has for its games, the quality of their products is top-notch. I regularly play Agricola on my iPhone/iPad and the experience is wonderful. I've also played some Lord of Waterdeep and Ascension and had similar experiences there. If Playdek got the Dominion license, then the mobile version would likely be a pleasure to use once they were finished with it.

It's all rather moot, though, since a non-trivial percentage of players will be on desktops/laptops (or Android devices), and Playdek doesn't do those. Oh, and Goko/MF got the license anyway. So yeah, what Kirian said.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2015, 07:08:38 pm »
+5

Playdek did bring Ascension and Summoner Wars to Android, but I assume their lack of PC support would have kept them from getting the Dominion license, which isn't unreasonable.  Meanwhile, Pocket Tactics, who have been watching this since so long back, has this gem:

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/nowhere-to-goko-but-up-dominion-online-submitted-to-apple/

"The entire story of Dominion on tablets is far too long and twisted to recant in its entirety here, so let me sum it up with one word: derp."
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #292 on: October 05, 2015, 07:09:13 pm »
+4

moot

Pretty sure Dominion Online would be better if moot had gotten the license.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 06, 2015, 05:30:08 am »

derp derp

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 07, 2015, 05:27:21 pm »
+1

There seems to be a memory leak issue going on. I only play three games and my computer gets laggy. Also, lots of reports of poeple's computers overheating on their forums. MF is aware of the issue, but has not made it a priority. They are still talking of shutting down the Goko version before the memory leak issue is taken care of.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 07, 2015, 05:32:04 pm »
+2

There seems to be a memory leak issue going on. I only play three games and my computer gets laggy. Also, lots of reports of poeple's computers overheating on their forums. MF is aware of the issue, but has not made it a priority. They are still talking of shutting down the Goko version before the memory leak issue is taken care of.

The magical pixie that draws all the animations whenever anything at all happens in the game state took too much acid and is now running on hyperdrive and sloughing off heat like crazy, wrecking havoc on all the component systems, including the poor hamster running around the wheel that keeps everything going.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 07, 2015, 05:35:33 pm »
+4

They are still talking of shutting down the Goko version before the memory leak issue is taken care of.

If you were being outcompeted by Goko, you too would find it so embarrassing that you'd want it taken care of first.

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1676
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 07, 2015, 10:04:14 pm »

They are still talking of shutting down the Goko version before the memory leak issue is taken care of.

If you were being outcompeted by Goko, you too would find it so embarrassing that you'd want it taken care of first.

s/Goko/Isotropic

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1676
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 07, 2015, 10:26:48 pm »
+3

So that problem where running in Fullscreen mode on OS X doesn't let you tab away, yeah, that's still there.

WTF?

But hey, now I've got a gauntleted cursor. Makes me nostalgic for 1995.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:27:52 pm by Cave-o-sapien »

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #299 on: October 08, 2015, 04:49:55 pm »
+4

Today's update claims it fixes some of the speed problems.

EDIT: I just tested. Hilariously, Hunting party is faster, but now playing treasures has a silly delay for some reason and cards pop up on the screen for what seems like an extra half second.  I'm not sure what to say.

http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?7854-Release-Notes-v-2-0-42&p=40200#post40200

Features and Improvements
If someone challenges you with specific kingdom cards the dialog you get now shows what those cards are. Also, the rating system used for the game is displayed. (1617)
Overhauled speed settings: made cards that revealed multiple other cards play much faster, eliminated unnecessary delays, made operations like shuffling and opponents' dealing faster, made pause times that show important information longer, made speed slider differentiate speeds better, smoothed out card animations, etc. (575, 864, 928)
Added sounds for receipt of a challenge or chat message. This can also alert you when your game is going to time out. (1449, 1604)
Layout improvements with 16:9 and 16:10 screen ratios when the game log is turned on, so that the supply cards aren't made so small (1523)
Show the number of coins to be gained after playing Pirate Ship (907)
Show which opponent quit the game in the results screen (1452)
Hides the Save Kingdom button if the game you just played used one of your saved kingdoms that specified all the cards (1603)
Hides the Rematch button after a game if one of your opponents disconnected during the game (1661)
Selecting Rematch after a campaign game now gives opportunity to get extra turns (1446)
Display the Campaign name and Act number in a banner on the top of the sub-maps (1588)
Display completed games differently on the act maps for campaigns
Updated paths and textures for Base Set campaigns
Links on main screen intended for beta have been removed (1376)

Bug Fixes
Fixed: Can't select cards in the "More Cards" window after playing Journeyman, Mystic, Wishing Well, Doctor, etc. (1643)
Fixed: Forgets Expansion Biases on Seek Screen between games (1631)
Fixed: Promo cards were being ignored when generating kingdom in Seek games (1654)
Fixed: Some Hinterlands cards were missing from the Choose Cards screen and from the store page. (1629)
Fixed: Dark Ages store page was missing the shelters and individual knights (1448, 1665, 1666)
Fixed: Draws were recorded as wins for some games (1554)
Fixed: Graphics problem when zoom in Black Market deck (1590)
Corrected How-to-Play link in Help dialog (1645)
Fixed issues with Sign Up (1633, 1644)
Fixed issue with email for social login convertor (1268)
Website, etc. (1561, 1609, 1628, 1632)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:57:22 pm by jsh357 »
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17  All

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 22 queries.