Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17  All

Author Topic: Latest Release  (Read 120640 times)

pedroluchini

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Release
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2015, 12:16:38 pm »

That just seems like bad design. I don't know anything about Unity, but I've programmed plenty of Windows and web applications before, and it's pretty simple to make it so that you can resize a window the way Windows intends you to, by dragging the edge/corner to the size you want.

Apparently it's possible, but it's up to the devs at Making Fun to enable this option: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/37586/how-to-make-standalone-player-resizable.html

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2015, 05:18:19 pm »

There isn't a full report on today's update, but I have noticed it has the option to challenge specific users now. I can't tell who's online, but progress nonetheless.

I may also be imagining things, but it seems the stretching issue with the log is less bad now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 05:20:36 pm by jsh357 »
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2015, 05:25:31 pm »

I may also be imagining things, but it seems the stretching issue with the log is less bad now.

I think you're imagining things.

I think squishing the screen when the log opens is a good solution, but the things on the screen (piles, your hand, buttons, etc.) should be rearranged to utilize the extra space this creates on the top and bottom of the screen. Right now everything is too small with the log open. It could be larger (but still smaller than the no-log version) by having e.g. 3 rows of piles, etc.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2015, 05:42:44 pm »

The notes are out now.  Looks like they did in fact update how the log and layout interact:

http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?7512-Release-Notes-v-2-0-37&p=38315#post38315
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2015, 05:43:42 pm »

The notes are out now.  Looks like they did in fact update how the log and layout interact:

http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?7512-Release-Notes-v-2-0-37&p=38315#post38315

Ah, I just downloaded 2.0.36 an hour or so ago, so I assumed that was the latest version. Whoops.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2015, 05:50:25 pm »

I tried the new versions and my earlier point stands. They could (and should) be using up that extra vertical space to keep the piles bigger.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2015, 06:02:56 pm »
+4

I tried the new versions and my earlier point stands. They could (and should) be using up that extra vertical space to keep the piles bigger finally get rid of that horrible, horibble, horibble mechanic that precludes you from seeing your opponent's deck-size and the number of actions, coins and buys at the same time.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2015, 06:03:51 pm »

Sunday release!  That's new.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2015, 06:08:33 pm »
+2

It's Tuesday here.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Emeric

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Emeric
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2015, 06:28:44 pm »

Who ask for the "challenge" function ???
It's clearly not an emergency while matchmaking is so poor ! I can't understand how are make priority by MF !

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2015, 06:29:29 pm »

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2015, 06:52:45 pm »
+2

Who ask for the "challenge" function ???
It's clearly not an emergency while matchmaking is so poor ! I can't understand how are make priority by MF !

There are quite a number of posts on the MF forums asking for this from people who want to play with their friends. I think it was a good feature to get out there.

Emeric

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2015, 06:54:50 pm »
+4

It's may be a good feature, but not now when it is impossible to know who is connected !!!!

It is like building a house starting with the roof !

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2015, 07:57:10 pm »
+17

You're literally complaining that they implemented possibly the most requested feature too soon. It's an absolutely essential feature for any kind of organized tournament play, or for people playing with their friends. I'm starting to be convinced that someone will find a way to complain about literally anything MF does at this point.

playing friends with the old version: Contact them some other way, meet in a room, play
playing friends in the new version: Contact them some other way, type their name in, play

It's just as good as the system before, and obviously it will get better as they implement friends lists etc.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2015, 08:56:24 pm »

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2015, 10:18:55 pm »
+2

It's Tuesday here.

It's Monday here.

It's 5 PM Friday here.

It's always 5 PM Friday here.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2015, 10:29:35 pm »

It's Tuesday here.

It's Monday here.

It's 5 PM Friday here.

And WHOSE fault is that? You just HAD to tamper with the Temporal Vortex, didn't you?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2015, 11:28:37 pm »

It's Tuesday here.

It's Monday here.

It's 5 PM Friday here.

And WHOSE fault is that? You just HAD to tamper with the Temporal Vortex, didn't you?

This is why Time Lords must choose their companions wisely.

Emeric

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2015, 02:03:14 am »
+1

You're literally complaining that they implemented possibly the most requested feature too soon. It's an absolutely essential feature for any kind of organized tournament play, or for people playing with their friends. I'm starting to be convinced that someone will find a way to complain about literally anything MF does at this point.

playing friends with the old version: Contact them some other way, meet in a room, play
playing friends in the new version: Contact them some other way, type their name in, play

It's just as good as the system before, and obviously it will get better as they implement friends lists etc.

But it is not the priority !!!

How many games are played every day on old version ? How many games are played with two friends who contact in other way ? 1% ~ 2% !!!

Currently in this new version, when a game starts I don't know the name of the player, I don't know his level, I don't know if he played 0 game or 10.000 games before.
I think for 99% of player this is the most important.

If I want to play with a friend I contact him other way saying "hey go to outpost" and we play ! The "challenge" feature is a good thing but not the priority.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2015, 05:55:13 am »

It's Tuesday here.

It's Monday here.

It's 5 PM Friday here.

This is why Time Lords must choose their companions wisely.

I imagine it's difficult to find a wedding dress for a temporal vortex.

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 18, 2015, 06:18:43 am »
+1

I wanna play Adventures on line
x1000

Oh for the good old days when Goko would release an expansion the same week as the physical version came out  :P

Lotoreo

• Baron
  • Respect: +64
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2015, 07:08:57 am »

But it is not the priority !!!

How many games are played every day on old version ? How many games are played with two friends who contact in other way ? 1% ~ 2% !!!

Currently in this new version, when a game starts I don't know the name of the player, I don't know his level, I don't know if he played 0 game or 10.000 games before.
I think for 99% of player this is the most important.

If I want to play with a friend I contact him other way saying "hey go to outpost" and we play ! The "challenge" feature is a good thing but not the priority.

Emeric, you are always flaming in such a childish tone, it makes me wonder whether your profile pic actually IS you.... SCNR..
Anyway, to the topic: I am really glad there is a challenge option now, and I really wait for the friendlist feature to perfect it :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:19:26 am by Lotoreo »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2015, 07:43:13 am »
+1

x1000

Oh for the good old days when Goko would release an expansion the same week as the physical version came out  :P

That didn't happen with Dark Ages. We had to get that in pieces, and I remember the last piece took a long time to come out. Although, I can't remember how long. It's been four months now since Adventures. I would love to play it, but well, I think MF still has a ways to go.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2015, 08:02:16 am »
+1

x1000

That didn't happen with Dark Ages. We had to get that in pieces, and I remember the last piece took a long time to come out. Although, I can't remember how long. It's been four months now since Adventures. I would love to play it, but well, I think MF still has a ways to go.

We also have to be a bit patient; not only are they in the middle of writing a completely new client / server setup, but Adventures adds a host of new mechanics and interactions that are going to be quite complex in terms of simulator integration.

I still like the "Pre-order Adventures and you get to play it on Isotropic before it comes out for real" idea. :P
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2015, 10:34:41 am »

I still like the "Pre-order Adventures and you get to play it on Isotropic before it comes out for real" idea. :P

That this would even be in discussion is a big part of my apathy towards online dominion..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17  All

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.