Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Storyteller with Bank  (Read 1434 times)

vsiewnar

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +296
    • View Profile
Storyteller with Bank
« on: June 21, 2015, 12:57:49 pm »

Let's say I play a Storyteller and chose to play 3 copper from my hand. Then, I would draw 4 cards with Storyteller. Suppose I end my Actions phase here and then play only 1 Bank in my Buy phase. Is the Bank worth 1 coin or 4 coin (from the coppers in play due to Storyteller)?

Intuition tells me the Bank is worth 1 coin but I'm not sure about this. Thanks for your response(s) in advance.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
Re: Storyteller with Bank
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 01:28:28 pm »
+5

Bank is worth 4 coin. The Coppers in play from Storyteller still count as "in play", even though you didn't net any money from them.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 09:03:12 pm »
+9

AJD is correct; I just want to add something that I'm guessing you might have wrong from the fact that you asked the question. You do NOT ever spend your Coppers or Silvers. You don't spend 3 Coppers to buy a Village, for example. Rather, when you play a treasure card, it produces a certain amount of coin, just like playing a Woodcutter does. You then spend those coins.

So when you play a Copper, nothing in the game ever makes that Copper be "spent." It sits there in play until something causes it to leave play (usually discarding it in the cleanup step). So spending the coins has no effect on the Copper card itself.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

vsiewnar

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +296
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 10:45:56 am »

That is a subtle distinction GendoIkari; thanks for that. It makes things much clearer in my mind.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.