Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36  All

Author Topic: Tavern Brawl Discussion  (Read 213478 times)

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern Brawl Discussion
« Reply #850 on: October 11, 2017, 09:12:18 pm »

Good brawl. Pick a 10 card deck (no duplicates). Every turn you discover a card instead of drawing. Ordinary draws draw a 1 mana discover-a-card-in-deck spell instead of drawing from your deck.

Right now I'm running an infinite quest mage, which should be improvable. You replay the quest whenever you finish it, so you get infinite turns.

Open the Waygate
Primordial Glyph
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Arcane Intellect
Frost Nova
Ice Block
Simulacrum
Echo of Medivh
Molten Reflection
Polymorph <--- this is probably the weakest card in deck...

Interesting opponent decks seen: gnomeferatu warlock (which is just RNG whether it hits something important), infinite priest (within one turn, using northshire+radiant elemental). There's an aggressive hunter deck that keeps beating me, but I think it's bad.

Edit: Apparently this is a repeat brawl. Maybe I missed playing it the first time.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:28:22 pm by blueblimp »

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 12, 2017, 12:34:00 am »

Does Gnomeferatu work in this Brawl? Gang Up doesn't seem to. When you replay the quest after it is completed, does it automatically get the reward, or do you have to play 6 more cards?

I got lazy and did the typical Flamewaker shenanigans. I wanted to experiment more with Doomed Apprentice (makes opponent's spells cost one more), but I completed my win 5 Tavern Brawls quest before I got a chance to play it.

I went up against a Mill Rogue, which honestly seemed like the opponent misunderstood the Brawl (and tried the aforementioned Gang Up). Opponent quickly conceded.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 12, 2017, 01:05:19 pm »

I know that Deathlord pulled a minion from my deck but I didn't check to see if it reduced the card count. I'm guessing it did not though I though it did then. I saw a mage casting Arcane Intellect and it produces two Peruses which allow you discover a card from your deck. I was curious about Dancing Swords as well.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 12, 2017, 01:42:37 pm »

I know that Deathlord pulled a minion from my deck but I didn't check to see if it reduced the card count. I'm guessing it did not though I though it did then. I saw a mage casting Arcane Intellect and it produces two Peruses which allow you discover a card from your deck. I was curious about Dancing Swords as well.

Dancing Swords and all those other opponent draws cards give the other player Peruse. Maybe it's coded that drawing cards specifically gives Peruse instead of removing cards from the deck.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 12, 2017, 02:24:22 pm »

I just read it bugs out when the player's deck is less than 3 cards and won't discover any more which is odd since there's a couple discover Priest spells I know allow you to discover when there is only 1 card left in the deck during regular game play.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: October 12, 2017, 03:43:44 pm »

Seems to me the requirement for winning is endless decks.  I used Priest (Radiant Elemental + free PW: S) to basically have endless turns, budding Target Dummies then making attack equal to health.

Not sure how you beat that or free mage draw.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 22, 2017, 08:29:49 pm »

That deck-building Tavern Brawl is back.

There was talk on the Hearthstone Reddit about different deck-builders and how much people like them. There was praise for Clank, but one poster said they much preferred Dominion to Clank.

I figured there was an outside chance I recognize the Redditor who posted that, so I checked the username.

werothegreat

lol.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 22, 2017, 08:56:39 pm »

There was talk on the Hearthstone Reddit about different deck-builders and how much people like them. There was praise for Clank, but one poster said they much preferred Dominion to Clank.

I figured there was an outside chance I recognize the Redditor who posted that, so I checked the username.

werothegreat

lol.

;)
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 22, 2017, 09:14:17 pm »

werothegreat

lol.

;)

With any luck, this Tavern Brawl will bring in more fresh blood to Dominion Online, and all those other deckbuilders too I guess.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 24, 2017, 12:47:45 am »

I remembered this brawl being terrible, but it's decently fun this time around. Maybe the different card pool helps.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 25, 2017, 07:12:55 pm »

I rolled the new Hemet during the Brawl. Easy win from there.

So many more cards that generate other cards, except the card generator never goes away, so eventually your deck just becomes a random mess of cards.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 25, 2017, 07:43:10 pm »

It's so stupid a card goes back to your deck regardless of wether you play it.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 25, 2017, 09:38:36 pm »

It's so stupid a card goes back to your deck regardless of wether you play it.

If there was a way to circumvent that, you could thin your deck of your starting cards in a couple of turns.

They could have designed special cards for the starter cards that get shuffled into your deck when played (or when not played), while all other cards get shuffled into the deck either when they are played or when they are not played. Having them shuffled either way makes the brawl a glorified "discover each turn instead of draw" Brawl.

Edit: I mean to say that the starter cards could have been special in that you can't easily get rid of them, while all other cards have a method of removing them from your deck.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:41:27 pm by markusin »

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 26, 2017, 07:38:01 am »

Having them shuffled either way makes the brawl a glorified "discover each turn instead of draw and refill your hand every turn" Brawl.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 26, 2017, 09:29:41 am »

Having them shuffled either way makes the brawl a glorified "discover each turn instead of draw and refill your hand every turn" Brawl.

I'm a bit confused by what you mean here, but I was referring to that other Brawl where you have a deck composed entirely of Bloodsail Raiders, but you discover a card each turn.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 26, 2017, 11:32:30 am »

I'm refering to the fact that there is no incentive not to play as many of your cards as you can each turn.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 26, 2017, 12:57:17 pm »

I'm refering to the fact that there is no incentive not to play as many of your cards as you can each turn.

Hmm, I'm wondering if it would be better if holding onto cards caused them to be reshuffled, or if playing cards caused them to be reshuffled. Right now the brawl applies both, with makes you want to vomit your hand every time.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 12:58:19 pm by markusin »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #867 on: December 29, 2017, 10:32:16 am »

Every deck is 30 Raven Idols brawl.

Skulking Geist was a lot of fun.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 29, 2017, 11:30:57 am »

Every deck is 30 Raven Idols brawl.

Skulking Geist was a lot of fun.

For a moment, there is that fear that Skulking Geist can't stop Jade Idol in Wild because of Raven Idol, but then you realize that Skulking Geist also hits Raven Idol.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 10, 2018, 04:48:17 pm »

So this week's Tavern Brawl seems to make Jade Druid even stronger than it already is, because that's important.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: January 10, 2018, 05:12:41 pm »

So this week's Tavern Brawl seems to make Jade Druid even stronger than it already is, because that's important.

My first game was against a Jade Druid - I think they only put two Jade Idols in their deck.  I beat them with a shitty Priest.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 18, 2018, 07:16:12 am »

This week's Brawl takes a bunch of decks seen in past tournaments and puts them against each other, with you getting a random one. The kicker is that the decks are in their unnerfed form. You can relive the glory of unnerfed Undertaker in Deathrattle Zoo with 2/1 Leper Gnome and Abusive Sergeant.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 18, 2018, 09:33:14 am »

Yes, Blade Flurry is amazing in unnerfed form. I had almost forgotten.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 16, 2018, 08:36:44 pm »
+1

So they released the two-card Brawl again, but it feels so different now that it's standard and a lot of the power cards from the last two-card Brawl are not legal like Mechwarper, Ice Block, and even Coldlight Oracle.

So far I tried Baku the Mooneater + Shield Slam on Warrior and Baku + Lesser Jasper Spellstone on Druid. The Warrior beat Mana Wyrm + Arcane Missles, while the Druid beat Naturalize + Ferocious Howl (simply never play Baku) and Benevolent Djinn + Lesser Pearl Spellstone. I like how Baku with Lesser Jasper Spellstone or Shield Slam builds give flexibility of removal + armor gain, and then a late game source of damage in the form of Baku. It's also funny to see Baku's effect activate 15 times in the history bar at the start of the game.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 17, 2018, 03:18:25 am »

Yeah I'm happy Top 2 is back. It's very good this time. So far I'm seeing very high deck diversity.

I'm not even sure what I'd consider the strongest decks:
  • Mage obviously has some good ones: Black Cat + Arcane Missiles, Mana Wyrm + Arcane Missiles, Mana Wyrm + Primordial Glyph.
  • Druid does well with Naturalize-based decks. I don't know what pairs well with it, though picking a minion seems wise so that you have the option of naturalizing your own minions.
  • For Priest, Duskbreaker is pretty great. I got a pretty good winrate pairing it with Thoughtsteal, though there's probably a less greedy way to do it.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.