Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]  All

Author Topic: Tavern Brawl Discussion  (Read 56810 times)

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1456
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern Brawl Discussion
« Reply #850 on: October 11, 2017, 09:12:18 pm »

Good brawl. Pick a 10 card deck (no duplicates). Every turn you discover a card instead of drawing. Ordinary draws draw a 1 mana discover-a-card-in-deck spell instead of drawing from your deck.

Right now I'm running an infinite quest mage, which should be improvable. You replay the quest whenever you finish it, so you get infinite turns.

Open the Waygate
Primordial Glyph
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Arcane Intellect
Frost Nova
Ice Block
Simulacrum
Echo of Medivh
Molten Reflection
Polymorph <--- this is probably the weakest card in deck...

Interesting opponent decks seen: gnomeferatu warlock (which is just RNG whether it hits something important), infinite priest (within one turn, using northshire+radiant elemental). There's an aggressive hunter deck that keeps beating me, but I think it's bad.

Edit: Apparently this is a repeat brawl. Maybe I missed playing it the first time.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:28:22 pm by blueblimp »

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +1754
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 12, 2017, 12:34:00 am »

Does Gnomeferatu work in this Brawl? Gang Up doesn't seem to. When you replay the quest after it is completed, does it automatically get the reward, or do you have to play 6 more cards?

I got lazy and did the typical Flamewaker shenanigans. I wanted to experiment more with Doomed Apprentice (makes opponent's spells cost one more), but I completed my win 5 Tavern Brawls quest before I got a chance to play it.

I went up against a Mill Rogue, which honestly seemed like the opponent misunderstood the Brawl (and tried the aforementioned Gang Up). Opponent quickly conceded.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +750
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 12, 2017, 01:05:19 pm »

I know that Deathlord pulled a minion from my deck but I didn't check to see if it reduced the card count. I'm guessing it did not though I though it did then. I saw a mage casting Arcane Intellect and it produces two Peruses which allow you discover a card from your deck. I was curious about Dancing Swords as well.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +1754
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 12, 2017, 01:42:37 pm »

I know that Deathlord pulled a minion from my deck but I didn't check to see if it reduced the card count. I'm guessing it did not though I though it did then. I saw a mage casting Arcane Intellect and it produces two Peruses which allow you discover a card from your deck. I was curious about Dancing Swords as well.

Dancing Swords and all those other opponent draws cards give the other player Peruse. Maybe it's coded that drawing cards specifically gives Peruse instead of removing cards from the deck.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +750
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 12, 2017, 02:24:22 pm »

I just read it bugs out when the player's deck is less than 3 cards and won't discover any more which is odd since there's a couple discover Priest spells I know allow you to discover when there is only 1 card left in the deck during regular game play.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1495
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: October 12, 2017, 03:43:44 pm »

Seems to me the requirement for winning is endless decks.  I used Priest (Radiant Elemental + free PW: S) to basically have endless turns, budding Target Dummies then making attack equal to health.

Not sure how you beat that or free mage draw.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year

Games (30): Mafia: 17, 21, 24, 31, 39, 43, 67, 72, 86 || Newbie: 7 || RMM: 6, 7, 10, 20, 22, 26, 32, 45 || Blitz: 4-7, X, 17-19, 22, 24 || BM: 14, 19

2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

Town: 46 Games, 23 Wins
Scum: 21 Games, 12 Wins
10x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, M51
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.