Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36  All

Author Topic: Tavern Brawl Discussion  (Read 213476 times)

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern Brawl Discussion
« Reply #575 on: March 03, 2016, 01:38:06 pm »

I'm having fun with a mill rogue deck that works extremely well with fates like coin, armor or bananas. Also, the murloc option mid-game is amazing. This brawl allows for control decks to really shine and those are my favorite kind of deck.

Mill's a good spot: I was milling people (including myself) accidentally with Tempo Mage anyway, and you can take advantage of other people angling for the spell synergy fates.  Might Portals be a problem?

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 03, 2016, 02:41:01 pm »

I'm having fun with a mill rogue deck that works extremely well with fates like coin, armor or bananas. Also, the murloc option mid-game is amazing. This brawl allows for control decks to really shine and those are my favorite kind of deck.

Mill's a good spot: I was milling people (including myself) accidentally with Tempo Mage anyway, and you can take advantage of other people angling for the spell synergy fates.  Might Portals be a problem?

Portals are probably a problem for mill decks but so far I didn't face any opponent who chose portals while I was playing mill. If somebody does I'll probably try to delay the milling until late game and just hope for good portals until then but that of course makes it harder for any control deck to win.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 03, 2016, 02:53:53 pm »

Portals are probably a problem for mill decks but so far I didn't face any opponent who chose portals while I was playing mill. If somebody does I'll probably try to delay the milling until late game and just hope for good portals until then but that of course makes it harder for any control deck to win.

When both players choose the Coin deathrattle, it gets pretty silly.  Playing 5 coins per turn just to keep your hand from getting too full.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 03, 2016, 08:27:28 pm »

When both players choose the Coin deathrattle, it gets pretty silly.  Playing 5 coins per turn just to keep your hand from getting too full.
Yeah, what we really need here is a dire fate that makes you be able to hold 4 or 5 more cards in your hand.  In my last game, both players chose bananas.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 10, 2016, 08:16:33 am »

Ugh, Coinflip brawl again.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 10, 2016, 09:01:52 am »

It's the Crossroads(random deck) Brawl where the cost of cards in hand is reduced randomly.

It took awhile for me to win and get my pack...then I had to win 4 more for the 5 TB win quest. I was able to do my 5 wins with Druid quest at the same time though.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 10, 2016, 09:26:13 am »

The only reconciliation here is that I've got the win 5 brawls daily going on. I definitely prefer rogue for this one. Nothing like getting multiple van cleefs.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 10, 2016, 09:50:35 am »

The only reconciliation here is that I've got the win 5 brawls daily going on. I definitely prefer rogue for this one. Nothing like getting multiple van cleefs.

Will Van Cleef really save you from a T1 Clockwork or Sea Giant like I had to face?

Druid is kinda cool here with its big minions and Avianna, but the poor removal options of Druid forces them to get ahead early like you'd expect from a typical Ramp Druid.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 10, 2016, 11:28:34 am »

It is luck, but it is fun.  T1 Clockwork Giant + Cult Master is hilarious.  My opponent just resigns and we queue up again.  No biggie, clears out quests fast.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 10, 2016, 11:40:24 pm »
+3

I seriously hate this brawl. I wish they'd stop bringing it back. Random can be fun sometimes, like the webspinners or portals, but this is just too crazy and you don't get cool moments. You either get roflstomped or you win just as unfairly. I lose like 7 games in a row, and my win for the pack as coining an obsidian destroyer turn one and my opponent concedes.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 10, 2016, 11:59:47 pm »

I don't like this one either.
The brawl I liked best was the one I only had one day to play because I had just unlocked Tavern Brawl. (It was the last one where you built as deck as you played.)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 11, 2016, 01:30:33 am »
+2

I don't like this one either.
The brawl I liked best was the one I only had one day to play because I had just unlocked Tavern Brawl. (It was the last one where you built as deck as you played.)

That is a good brawl. There's luck, but you get cool moments, and there is also skill. This one is just awful, even for just completing quests.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 11, 2016, 05:13:16 am »

It's the Crossroads(random deck) Brawl where the cost of cards in hand is reduced randomly.
Like I said, the coinflip brawl :P

I've just played once this time to get the pack.  Managed to open turn 1:   mountain giant + Soot Spewer + Coin + Dragonhawk Rider.  Instant concession.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 11, 2016, 12:47:29 pm »
+4

Like I said, the coinflip brawl :P

I've just played once this time to get the pack.  Managed to open turn 1:   mountain giant + Soot Spewer + Coin + Dragonhawk Rider.  Instant concession.

Awaclus asked us to get in the habit of summarizing the rules of any week's Brawl brought up for the first time. There are many "Coinflip" Brawls.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 11, 2016, 04:37:30 pm »

Random can be fun sometimes, like the webspinners or portals, but this is just too crazy and you don't get cool moments.
Interesting, because I think exactly the opposite. The webspinner brawl is dull and boring, basically just drawing terrible beasts until someone plays a highmane and wins. In this brawl (the reduced-cost random cards), both players are making ridiculous strong plays every turn, and the game can easily swing back and forth.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 11, 2016, 05:05:01 pm »

Random can be fun sometimes, like the webspinners or portals, but this is just too crazy and you don't get cool moments.
Interesting, because I think exactly the opposite. The webspinner brawl is dull and boring, basically just drawing terrible beasts until someone plays a highmane and wins. In this brawl (the reduced-cost random cards), both players are making ridiculous strong plays every turn, and the game can easily swing back and forth.

The main thing in this Brawl is to mulligan for high mana cards. The overwhelming losses I see usually happen to the guy putting out typical curve minions in the early game. Once you get past the 4th or 5th turn both players are largely normalized to luck of the draw.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 16, 2016, 06:27:50 pm »

This brawl is "Whenever you play a minion, you get a random spell of the same cost in your hand for free." So the first spell I get after playing a minion is one that buffs a friendly beast (ironbeak owl is the only beast in my deck). You keep getting spells that don't really apply to your class and then they take up space in your hand. It's annoying to have my hand get too full, especially when at least two of the cards in my hand are ones that I can't play at all.
other than that, it's fun.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 16, 2016, 09:53:40 pm »
+1

Time to pull out Summoning Stone again.  :)
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 16, 2016, 10:33:53 pm »

Time to pull out Summoning Stone again.  :)

It's bugged, right? It summons based off the unmodified spell cost. I have it in my deck but haven't gotten to draw it yet. Haven't lost a brawl yet, either.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 16, 2016, 11:19:59 pm »

Lock and Load!

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 20, 2016, 02:38:35 am »
+2

Just had a game where 4 trees of life were played (fully heals all characters). My opponent found the golden monkey (I've been wondering what it does. now I know.) At the end I committed suicide by playing sprint.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 20, 2016, 12:14:24 pm »
+1

Just had a game where 4 trees of life were played (fully heals all characters). My opponent found the golden monkey (I've been wondering what it does. now I know.) At the end I committed suicide by playing sprint.

People have been doing tree of life > bolf > aucheni soulpriest, to insta kill everything except yourself, because Bolf takes the dmg for you.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 20, 2016, 01:10:46 pm »
+1

People have been doing tree of life > bolf > aucheni soulpriest, to insta kill everything except yourself, because Bolf takes the dmg for you.

Just goes to show how even the most underwhelming of cards, like Bolf Ramshield, can have their moment of glory, especially in Tavern Brawl or adventures.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 20, 2016, 02:15:19 pm »

What happens if you play that soulpriest and tree of life without Bolf?  Is it a draw? I've never seen a draw in Hearthstone.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 20, 2016, 02:38:52 pm »
+1

What happens if you play that soulpriest and tree of life without Bolf?  Is it a draw? I've never seen a draw in Hearthstone.

Yeah it's a draw. I've had a few draws. I can happene whenever both heros for a card simultaneously. Like hellfire or eye for an eye
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 21 queries.