Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36  All

Author Topic: Tavern Brawl Discussion  (Read 214365 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern Brawl Discussion
« Reply #500 on: January 27, 2016, 09:57:26 pm »

I ran a Reno Rogue with all of my legendaries.  I actually managed to get a +29 heal against a Warrior.  It was very satisfying. :)
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 27, 2016, 11:22:32 pm »

I played against a Rogue who had mostly basic and cheap cards, and realized that anything that gives two minions for one is really nice, as are general buffs (Stormwind Champ, Mukla's Champ, even Raid Leader.)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 27, 2016, 11:58:16 pm »

There are so many OP things available to do in this brawl, that it isn't even possible to fit them all in one deck. It seems like your two basic flavors are crazy combo decks on the one hand (which run lots of card draw minions and some finisher), and decks that try to work around the stat restriction on the other hand (which run minions like Frostwolf Warlord, Questing Adventurer, etc.).

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 28, 2016, 12:20:07 am »

Onyxia is awesome.  Conversely, Arcane Explosion is also awesome.  I had one guy concede after I dropped a Turn 1 Dr. Boom.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 28, 2016, 11:27:07 am »

Ancient of War becomes a 1/6 Taunt. Preeeeettty goood.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 28, 2016, 11:50:37 am »

Are "Choose One" Druid cards also 1 mana?  that's helpful.  I was sad to see that stuff that drops from Shredders become 1/1 automatically.

I won on the first try with a Mage using mostly ping spells and big legendaries -- which seems to be the normal thing -- to work to Alex + Nightblade x2 + Kraken + any other ping minion for an easy OTK.  Not sure there are better minions for face damage battlecries, but that's what I was using.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 28, 2016, 02:33:10 pm »

The game I won, I stole a Kvaldir Raider with Sylvanas + Dread Infernal + Hero Power + Faceless on Raider with 5 mana. It seemed like the Faceless was bugged because it became a 5/5 Kvaldir Raider after copying a 5/4 Raider (damaged by 1).

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 28, 2016, 07:09:39 pm »

Are "Choose One" Druid cards also 1 mana?  that's helpful.  I was sad to see that stuff that drops from Shredders become 1/1 automatically.

I didn't test all the Choose One, but I think Ancient of War is the only one that will work because it's a buff, not a transform.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #508 on: January 28, 2016, 09:03:41 pm »

I just put together a Miracle Rogue (with Alexstrasza, North Sea Kraken and some damage spells as the win con since I don't have Malygos and the Leeroy thing obviously doesn't work here). Based on the first game I played, it seems absolutely broken, but dropping an Alexstrasza T1 was good times.

By the way, here's the list:

2 Backstab
2 Preparation
2 Shadowstep
2 Sinister Strike
2 Blade Flurry
2 Eviscerate
2 Shiv
2 Jeweled Scarab
2 Novice Engineer
1 Unstable Ghoul
2 Fan of Knives
2 Azure Drake
2 Dark Iron Skulker
2 Gadgetzan Auctioneer
1 Alexstrasza
2 North Sea Kraken

So far, the only reason why I've lost* was mulligan all cards (because none of them were Gadgetzan Auctioneer) -> proceed to not draw Gadgetzan Auctioneer for the rest of the game, and that was before I replaced a bunch of useless cards with the Novice Engineers and Azure Drakes. As long as you actually draw the Auctioneer, you can pretty reliably win on turn 5-7.

*EDIT: I used this to complete a 60 Gold Rogue quest, but didn't play any extra after that.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 09:06:04 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 28, 2016, 10:40:17 pm »

I'm currently running

1 Backstab
2 Preparation
2 Shadowstep
2 Sinister Strike
2 Eviscerate
2 Shiv
1 Bloodmage Thalnos
2 Novice Engineer
2 Fan of Knives
1 Brann Bronzebeard
2 Gnomish Inventor
1 Kezan Mystic
2 Tomb Pillager
2 Azure Drake
2 Dark Iron Skulker
2 Gadgetzan Auctioneer
1 Alexstrasza
1 Malygos

The Kezan Mystic is an experiment to tech vs Mage, because if they are a similar combo deck running Ice Block, it's the only way to win. The slot used to have Chromaggus but I find Chromaggus too much win-more when it comes to hand size, because he only works when you would have been drawing anyway--in fact I often have to avoid drawing with Chromaggus on board in order to not overdraw!

Looking at your list Awaclus, my thoughts are: I don't see what the Jeweled Scarab is for (I'd rather play Gnomish Inventor to draw from my specialized combo deck instead of random 3-cost cards), you probably want Brann Bronzebeard if you're running Krakens, and the Unstable Ghoul and Blade Flurries seem like overkill (I feel fine with just the 2 skulkers and 2 fans).

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #510 on: January 28, 2016, 10:51:29 pm »

Looking at your list Awaclus, my thoughts are: I don't see what the Jeweled Scarab is for (I'd rather play Gnomish Inventor to draw from my specialized combo deck instead of random 3-cost cards), you probably want Brann Bronzebeard if you're running Krakens, and the Unstable Ghoul and Blade Flurries seem like overkill (I feel fine with just the 2 skulkers and 2 fans).

I definitely want Brann, the problem is that I don't have him. The Jeweled Scarab was supposed to give me tech when I needed it, but it didn't really work too well in practice.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 03, 2016, 02:56:32 pm »
+1

This Brawl (Blingtrong Brawl). I tried Rogue for all the weapon buffs and blade flurries and pirates, it was okay. Mage seems better to freeze your opponent constantly.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 03, 2016, 03:09:03 pm »

Harrison Jones is fun with this brawl.  So is Mage plus lots of freeze to face.

Oh, and Shield Slam since you start with 10 armor.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 03, 2016, 04:18:18 pm »
+1

Is this the first time there have been two deck-building brawls in a row?

Anyway this one hasn't been too exciting so far. Just lost a game because of getting cursed blade, after having had charged hammer earlier so I can't hero power to replace it, and that doesn't tempt me to play more.

The meta might be interesting though. So far I've just tried smashing face and that kinda works but not great.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 03, 2016, 04:23:37 pm »

Yeah, I lost a game because I got a Poisoned Blade. Hadn't thought of Charged Hammer as being bad this mode, but it is if you get it early.

All other weapons aren't as bad as you can replace them if you need to.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 03, 2016, 04:31:54 pm »

I think Charged Hammer is pretty good, just not if you draw Cursed Blade later. The blingtron hero power usually just replaces a 2/2 with a 2/2, so doing 2 targeted damage is nice instead. Also, the 2/4 body is especially good if you're running weapon buffs.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 03, 2016, 06:43:02 pm »

RNGesus hates me. Two games, the first had an opponent get longbow into longbow into doom hammer.

The second had me chain cursed blades against freeze mage

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 03, 2016, 07:14:22 pm »

3 games, I got 4 cursed blades (at least one in each).

Frak this brawl.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 03, 2016, 07:18:07 pm »

I made a Druid with a Claw and a Bite and 2 Savage Roars.  Mixed results.  The key is waiting for your opponent to get Cursed Blade.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #519 on: February 03, 2016, 10:50:45 pm »

I made a Druid with a Claw and a Bite and 2 Savage Roars.  Mixed results.  The key is waiting for your opponent to get Cursed Blade.

I just made a regular Druid and won my first game (after trying out Mech Shaman which didn't work out for obvious reasons).

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 05, 2016, 11:54:12 am »

Doesn't matter too much what you make your deck out of so long as it is singles with Reno. Some draw helps to insure you get him, lots of taunts are good and of course the weapons manipulators.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 05, 2016, 01:13:57 pm »

Some of the pirates are obvious includes, but full pirate decks didn't seem that great. Rogue can take advantage if weapons really well though, so I think it's one of te better classes.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 05, 2016, 03:26:18 pm »

Some of the pirates are obvious includes, but full pirate decks didn't seem that great. Rogue can take advantage if weapons really well though, so I think it's one of te better classes.

Dread Corsair is really the only amazing Pirate in this mode. If you're running Oil then Southsea Deckhands are really good too.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 10, 2016, 04:01:33 pm »

And we're back to the Dominion brawl!  Had fun with a Baron Rivendare/Ancestral Spirit Shaman.  Got a whole bunch of Haunted Creepers and Recruiters.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 10, 2016, 04:13:45 pm »

Have 2 Fjolas. GG.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.