Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36  All

Author Topic: Tavern Brawl Discussion  (Read 213423 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern Brawl Discussion
« Reply #475 on: January 13, 2016, 11:57:15 pm »

God damn this one was hard.  At least the first time around you got a pack just for playing.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 14, 2016, 01:49:12 am »

God damn this one was hard.  At least the first time around you got a pack just for playing.

Yeah it took me a few games to get the pack. I like that they included new cards, but my Mage partners keep using the Arcane Blasts at 4dmg. If you wait for even 1 jungle moonkin it's so much more amazing. Or Mirror Entity into Jungle Moonkin. The synergy is once again very cool in this brawl, but the coop thing is weird with random terrible players. Your best bet is to wait a few days. Usually by then only people who know what they are doing are playing the brawl.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 14, 2016, 02:43:27 am »

Yeah it took me a few games to get the pack. I like that they included new cards, but my Mage partners keep using the Arcane Blasts at 4dmg. If you wait for even 1 jungle moonkin it's so much more amazing. Or Mirror Entity into Jungle Moonkin. The synergy is once again very cool in this brawl, but the coop thing is weird with random terrible players. Your best bet is to wait a few days. Usually by then only people who know what they are doing are playing the brawl.

Won first time as mage.  New cards, same strategy.  Build you board, never attack, wait until you can do a huge amount of damage per turn, keep each other healed.

Mirror Entity should be used on Lorewalker Cho, then give each other Healing Touches, Arcane Blasts, and maybe Wild Growth.  Once we had 8 dmg Arcane Blasts, it was pretty easy.  Druid is token, so use VT + Cenarius + Savage Roar for a big turn, Mage will eventually fill hand with Fireballs, Torches, and maybe a Pyroblast if needed.

It's fun once, but I can't see myself playing it again.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 14, 2016, 07:18:03 am »

Won both time I played. Both time I was the Druid. The real problem with this brawl is the limitation of only 2 classes. More interesting would be various pairs of classes. More challenging would be the same pre-built decks but the players pick a class before entering. As it is, it seems stupidly easy unless your cooperator is an idiot.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 14, 2016, 07:20:28 am »

Won both time I played. Both time I was the Druid. The real problem with this brawl is the limitation of only 2 classes. More interesting would be various pairs of classes. More challenging would be the same pre-built decks but the players pick a class before entering. As it is, it seems stupidly easy unless your cooperator is an idiot.
Meh.  I do like it but I think you've been lucky, there's a lot of variance.

I played druid twice and drew no heal through either game while getting double zapped in the face constantly.  The bomb salvos seemed to like my face too.  I really don't think the druid deck has enough heals in it.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: January 14, 2016, 11:32:12 am »

Well, I got a Malygos out of my pack!  I want to slide him into my Mage deck and see what shenanigans I can perpetrate...
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 14, 2016, 01:08:40 pm »

Well, I got a Malygos out of my pack!  I want to slide him into my Mage deck and see what shenanigans I can perpetrate...

Malygos has seen play in fringe decks and he's a lot of fun. I recommend keeping him, even if he isn't the greatest legend. It's too satisfying when you pull of a crazy turn with him :P

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 14, 2016, 01:38:03 pm »

Yeah, Malygos + Thaurissian can do really silly things in lots of decks.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 14, 2016, 04:49:45 pm »

Yeah, Malygos + Thaurissian can do really silly things in lots of decks.

Thaurissan enables:

Malygos, 2x Frostbolt, 2x Ice Lance OTK
Malygos, 2x Kobold Geomancer, 2x Arcane Blast OTK
Malygos, 2x Quick Shot, 2x Arcane Shot OTK
Malygos, 2x Lightning Bolt, 2x Crackle OTK
Malygos, 2x Mind Blast, 2x Holy Smite OTK
Malygos, 2x Sinister Strike, 2x Eviscerate OTK
Malygos, 2x Kobold Geomancer, 2x Living Roots, 2x Moonfire OTK
Malygos, 2x Darkbomb, 2x Soulfire OTK (if the first Soulfire doesn't discard the second)

The only classes it doesn't work with are Paladin and Warrior.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 14, 2016, 11:19:28 pm »
+2

Don't forget Aviana, Malygos, Innervate, Faceless, Faceless, Moonfire, Moonfire OTK

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 15, 2016, 01:58:29 am »

Thaurissan enables:

Sadly Arcane Blast can't go face.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 15, 2016, 10:12:35 am »

Thaurissan enables:

Sadly Arcane Blast can't go face.

Wait, what?  Ugh that's stupid.  One thing I've never understood is why Wrath can't go face.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 15, 2016, 10:21:39 am »

Wait, what?  Ugh that's stupid.  One thing I've never understood is why Wrath can't go face.
I assume that this was a decision made fairly early on when attempting to balance classes.  If it can go face as well as potentially draw it becomes strictly better than similarly priced removal for other classes (eg. Shiv).
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 15, 2016, 05:55:09 pm »

I've recently crafted a Malygos (and cast it 1 times so far), if that helps at all. I do have lot of extra dust lying around tho (around 5000 atm), so that is a thing to consider too.

But Malygos is competative, gets a good deck every once in a while, and is super fun.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 17, 2016, 03:07:59 pm »

I got a Captain Greenskin in my pack. Cool. I also got my first Earth Elemental in it.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 20, 2016, 07:02:40 pm »

I assume that this was a decision made fairly early on when attempting to balance classes.  If it can go face as well as potentially draw it becomes strictly better than similarly priced removal for other classes (eg. Shiv).
This seems to be backed up by the fact that Wrath could target face at one point during closed beta: http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Wrath#Patch_changes

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 20, 2016, 09:18:32 pm »

No, opponent, Reno Jackson doesn't do anything in this Tavern Brawl.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 20, 2016, 09:50:21 pm »

I just hhad priest vs warriot game end cuz we broke the 50 turn limit. i waas in shadowform  and he at 1 when it happened

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 20, 2016, 10:59:55 pm »

No, opponent, Reno Jackson doesn't do anything in this Tavern Brawl.

Yeah, I made that mistake, been playing too much Renolock.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 21, 2016, 12:31:15 am »

I just hhad priest vs warriot game end cuz we broke the 50 turn limit. i waas in shadowform  and he at 1 when it happened

Well, it's almost impossible to go into fatigue, unless one of finds a Jeeves or something.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 24, 2016, 02:54:16 am »

I wish they'd tune down how often legendaries are offered in this brawl. Playing against multi-Tirion Paladins is not fun times.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 24, 2016, 09:04:22 am »

I wish they'd tune down how often legendaries are offered in this brawl. Playing against multi-Tirion Paladins is not fun times.

My opponents keep getting Rafaams.  It's irksome.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 27, 2016, 09:18:42 pm »

I have no idea what the hell I'm doing with this one.  Though having my opponent play Tirion on T2 probably didn't help me determine if my deck was useful.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #498 on: January 27, 2016, 09:37:05 pm »

I just put together a Miracle Rogue (with Alexstrasza, North Sea Kraken and some damage spells as the win con since I don't have Malygos and the Leeroy thing obviously doesn't work here). Based on the first game I played, it seems absolutely broken, but dropping an Alexstrasza T1 was good times.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 27, 2016, 09:44:00 pm »

Dark iron skulker, fan of knives, kvaldier raider, muklas champion, bunch of low cost spells, oops van cleef gglol. Mage burn is a nemesis and a crazy dread steed deck was impossible. Everything else I have laughed at, people just can't think this abstractedly.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.