Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36  All

Author Topic: Tavern Brawl Discussion  (Read 213391 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern Brawl Discussion
« Reply #250 on: September 24, 2015, 10:29:31 am »

I also got the "win 5 brawls" quest
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2015, 05:02:38 am »

Mill Druid is hilarious in this TB. Most of the opponents are Warlocks who will draw half of their deck with their hero power anyway, and the TB rule works pretty nicely for a super slow deck like that.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 27, 2015, 08:33:33 pm »

Hehe nice hard counter to the brawl meta there awa. I was gonna say, handlock and variants are just so strong.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 27, 2015, 11:29:01 pm »

Hehe nice hard counter to the brawl meta there awa. I was gonna say, handlock and variants are just so strong.
Actually I was having trouble against Freeze Mage. They just don't try to damage you until they go for the kill.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2015, 03:07:41 am »
+2

I was in the audience for the Twitchcon Tavern Brawl exhibition match between Emmett Shear (Twitch CEO) and Mike Morhaime (Blizzard CEO), which you can find here: http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/v/17933140?t=14m28s

Both players actually took the match really seriously, and there ended up being some insane plays, like silencing of the opponent's Zombie Chow, trading two 4/8 Twilight Drakes into a Mountain Giant instead of playing BGH two turns earlier, not attacking with 12 free face damage... it was actually really fun to watch.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2015, 03:43:03 am »

Both players actually took the match really seriously, and there ended up being some insane plays, like silencing of the opponent's Zombie Chow, trading two 4/8 Twilight Drakes into a Mountain Giant instead of playing BGH two turns earlier, not attacking with 12 free face damage... it was actually really fun to watch.

This sounds like Twitch CEO plays Hearthstone.

Edit: forgot this was for the Brawl. Those plays sound more reasonable now.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:49:22 am by Titandrake »
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2015, 08:47:05 am »

This TB, I ran a Paladin "aggro" deck with knife juggler, a stupid amount of 1-2-3 drops (especially ones that summoned friends - echoing ooze etc), with ke'thuzad and ragnaros in for finishers if need be. I basically kept the board fairly clean, getting my opponent (a priest) to burn silences/etc, and then dropped knife juggler + echoing ooze + gnomish engineer + paladin hero power all one turn with the priest's board clear. He got a free minion but wasn't able to find a solution to my knife juggler, i wipe his minion and dump my hand to the board again, he answers my knife juggler but now I have lethal and he's out of fuel.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2015, 11:41:51 pm »

This brawl seems fun. Not sure which deck is better, since I wooped ass with both.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2015, 11:50:22 pm »

HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2015, 12:13:40 am »

HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO

The hero power is way better for value. I think my opponents were just not competent.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 01, 2015, 12:15:55 am »

Yeah this Tavern Brawl is pretty neat even though it lacks the epicness of Nef vs. Rag. It feels like you're actually playing a game of Hearthstone but with a better hero power. Bolster is actually pretty neat if you play as Annoy-o-tron. The theme within the cards is there too.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 01, 2015, 12:22:40 am »

I think Boombot is better, honestly.  His power is the perfect counter to all the Divine Shielding.

Also, why are both decks running Gahz'rilla?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2015, 12:24:46 am »

This brawl seems fun. Not sure which deck is better, since I wooped ass with both.

I crushed my opponent as Annoy-o-Tron and got crushed as Boom Bot, and both times I felt like the biggest reason was that Annoy-o-Tron's cards were constantly better in general and had more synergy with each other and the hero power than Boom Bot's. No huge differences, but small bits of extra value add up when they're everywhere. Perhaps the Annoy-o-Tron deck just had better draws in both games by coincidence, but it really felt like it just simply was the better deck to me.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 01, 2015, 12:28:35 am »
+1

My first win was with Boom Bot. My impression is that Boom Bot has much better removal + reach and wins on tempo, while Annoy-o-Tron wins if you give it any slight board advantage.

I lost as Annoy-o-tron when I got aggroed down, then lost as Boom Bot when Annoy-o-tron got out a 2/6 taunted Iron Sensei buffing a Repair Bot, then won as Boom Bot with an aggressive start that got my opponent down low enough to win through reach.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 01, 2015, 12:54:35 am »

I think Boombot is better, honestly.  His power is the perfect counter to all the Divine Shielding.

I haven't seen a single gahzrilla. Boom Bot has Dr. Boom. Annoyotron has Blingtron and Thermaplugg. I'm sure Boom Bot has another legend I'm forgetting. I don't think there's any change in the decks, since I've seen consistent Bouncing Blades and Crush in Boom Bot, Bolster and Recycle and Tinker's Oil in Annoyotron.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 01, 2015, 02:07:59 am »

I haven't seen a single gahzrilla. Boom Bot has Dr. Boom. Annoyotron has Blingtron and Thermaplugg. I'm sure Boom Bot has another legend I'm forgetting. I don't think there's any change in the decks, since I've seen consistent Bouncing Blades and Crush in Boom Bot, Bolster and Recycle and Tinker's Oil in Annoyotron.

I had a Gahz'rilla in hand, then a joust revealed another Gahz'rilla in my deck.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 01, 2015, 02:06:49 pm »

My first win was with Boom Bot. My impression is that Boom Bot has much better removal + reach and wins on tempo, while Annoy-o-Tron wins if you give it any slight board advantage.

I lost as Annoy-o-tron when I got aggroed down, then lost as Boom Bot when Annoy-o-tron got out a 2/6 taunted Iron Sensei buffing a Repair Bot, then won as Boom Bot with an aggressive start that got my opponent down low enough to win through reach.

This is similar to my experience, except my win was with Annoy-o-tron where I managed to get board advantage fairly early and just consistently put out Good Stuff.

sitnaltax

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +490
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2015, 01:27:37 am »

If Annoy-o-Tron manages to stick a high-attack minion, it becomes nasty because it can use its hero power and trade the Divine Shield against whatever Boom Bot summons. It feels oppressive to play against. I think Boom Bot's cards are overall better (Dr. Boom vs. Blingtron!), but being able to shield is so powerful that AoT ends up the stronger choice anyway.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2015, 09:10:54 am »
+3

choice
You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2015, 11:28:18 am »

If Annoy-o-Tron manages to stick a high-attack minion, it becomes nasty because it can use its hero power and trade the Divine Shield against whatever Boom Bot summons. It feels oppressive to play against. I think Boom Bot's cards are overall better (Dr. Boom vs. Blingtron!), but being able to shield is so powerful that AoT ends up the stronger choice anyway.

You got a choice?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2015, 01:48:59 pm »

The new Tavern Brawl has you draw a one drop, then a two drop, then a three drop, etc.

There are some broken possibilities here, but I'm not sure what's best.

I saw a vid of Rockbiter-Rockbiter-Mana Addict-Windfury but there's gotta be stuff even better.

I guess if you're confident the game won't go to turn 11, you can run any number of 0, 1, and 2 drops without worrying about drawing them turn 9 or 10 when you don't want them.  They'll only be in your opening hand.  But you won't have mana to play them because you're curving out perfectly?  Huh.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:58:52 pm by popsofctown »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2015, 02:02:54 pm »

A friend of mine has been running Loot Horder, Acolyte, Astral Communion. (I've heard some people say Doomsayer is a better 2 drop to stall more.)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2015, 02:05:53 pm »

Oh my.  That's marvelous!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2015, 02:07:00 pm »

Could Ancestral Call work? Hm.  Probably not as well :(

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 07, 2015, 02:37:05 pm »

Could Ancestral Call work? Hm.  Probably not as well :(
You'd need to mulligan for your big drops, and it'd be risky because your opponent is probably doing the same. It seems more like an anti-synergy to me.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.