Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]  All

Author Topic: Tavern Brawl Discussion  (Read 79795 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +765
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern Brawl Discussion
« Reply #875 on: May 17, 2018, 07:43:34 am »

Mind blast divine hymn was my pick. Beat a mind blast doomsayer quite handily. Havenít played since.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2170
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 17, 2018, 07:56:05 am »

Mind blast divine hymn was my pick. Beat a mind blast doomsayer quite handily. Havenít played since.

There is also Mind Blast + Duskbreaker apparently. That seems good too.

I've heard of some other interesting ones like Murspark Eel + an even card for Shaman and Wax Elemental + Earthen Might for Druid.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Prepare to be boarded!
  • Respect: +9188
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 17, 2018, 03:06:34 pm »

I did Gibbering Mouther + Shadow Ascendant.  A Twig/Starfire druid got me to like 4 HP then gave up.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 17, 2018, 03:59:03 pm »

Yeah I'm happy Top 2 is back. It's very good this time. So far I'm seeing very high deck diversity.

I'm not even sure what I'd consider the strongest decks:
  • Mage obviously has some good ones: Black Cat + Arcane Missiles, Mana Wyrm + Arcane Missiles, Mana Wyrm + Primordial Glyph.
  • Druid does well with Naturalize-based decks. I don't know what pairs well with it, though picking a minion seems wise so that you have the option of naturalizing your own minions.
  • For Priest, Duskbreaker is pretty great. I got a pretty good winrate pairing it with Thoughtsteal, though there's probably a less greedy way to do it.

For Druid decks, Plated Bettle might be good to pair with Naturalize.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1493
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 17, 2018, 07:30:29 pm »

I've heard of some other interesting ones like Murspark Eel + an even card for Shaman and Wax Elemental + Earthen Might for Druid.
I ran murkspark decks for a bit. First I tried pairing with Fireplume Phoenix (for no particular reason), then with Faerie Dragon (to counter naturalize decks). They did OK but not that well compared to the other decks I tried.

Earthen Might is a Shaman card. I played someone running Earthen Might Glacial Shard and lost vs it. I didn't get very good results with either the Glacial Shard or Wax Elemental variants, but I didn't play them for very long.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 17, 2018, 11:08:10 pm »

I ran murkspark decks for a bit. First I tried pairing with Fireplume Phoenix (for no particular reason), then with Faerie Dragon (to counter naturalize decks). They did OK but not that well compared to the other decks I tried.

Earthen Might is a Shaman card. I played someone running Earthen Might Glacial Shard and lost vs it. I didn't get very good results with either the Glacial Shard or Wax Elemental variants, but I didn't play them for very long.

Ooh wow I was thinking Earthen Scales.

Now that I think about it, Earthen Scales doesn't seem all that good with Wax Elemental.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:09:38 pm by markusin »

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 18, 2018, 08:53:24 am »

Got the Druid card quest so picked Naturalize and Ferocious Howl. Destroyed all 4 opponents that came.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 18, 2018, 08:55:07 am »

The best was the Call to Arms Knife Juggler where I proceeded to Naturalize and burn all his jugglers leaving him with a hand of useless Call to Arms.

LibraryAdventurer

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • Respect: +842
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 18, 2018, 07:59:17 pm »

I hate mill decks. I resigned as soon as I saw someone play naturalize in this Tavern Brawl. It's just no fun playing against those decks.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1493
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 19, 2018, 01:49:09 am »

I hate mill decks. I resigned as soon as I saw someone play naturalize in this Tavern Brawl. It's just no fun playing against those decks.
Well, it's totally sensible to resign auto-lose matchups in this brawl, and there are a lot of matchups like that. It's kind of the point of it, I think.

Some combinations that do well vs Naturalize, if you're looking to win (though I haven't played these all in reality):

Anything with Faerie Dragon wins. For example, Faerie Dragon + Duskbreaker or Murkspark Eel + Faerie Dragon.

Against Naturalize + Ferocious Howl (or other non-minion), Thoughtsteal+Duskbreaker wins. Steal their naturalizes and naturalize each duskbreaker on the same turn you play it. The Druid can't do anything. (Don't play Ferocious Howl.)

Against a Naturalize deck not running healing, any Mind Blast deck should win.

Mana Wyrm + Primordial Glyph felt unbeatable when I played vs it with a Naturalize deck.

Edit: TBH, Naturalize decks feel kind of weak to me. They lose to a lot.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 01:58:29 am by blueblimp »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.