Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Breakdown of new expansion costs  (Read 9229 times)

abura448

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Breakdown of new expansion costs
« on: June 16, 2015, 12:33:21 pm »
+9

So I've been travelling around the boards and have seen multiple people reference the cost of the expansions in v2 and figured I'd give people exact numbers. If you purchase everything at once it costs $84.99 (1100 Ducats)..... this gives you all 8 expansions (minus Adventures of course) and 5 promos (Prince was included for free with the base set).
This breaks down as follows:

Intrigue/Seaside/Prosperity/Hinterlands: $11.59(150 Ducats) each

Alchemy/Cornucopia/Guilds: $5.79(75 Ducats) each

Dark Ages: $15.45(200 Ducats)

Promos: $1.16 each(15 Ducats)

Total: $84.98 (lost a penny rounding along the way)

The costs above are based off of purchasing the 1100 Ducat package in the store. They also sell packages of 700($59.99), 450($39.99), 160($14.99), 80($7.99), and 15($1.99). In order to buy the expansions/promos you first need to purchase Ducats. You obviously get more bang for your buck when you purchase a greater amount of Ducats at a time. But, unless you buy the 1100 Ducat package you'll always have some leftover amount of useless Ducats at the end.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
Re: Breakdown of new expansion costs
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 07:43:00 pm »
+2

The weird thing to me is that I remember the expansions being about $12 and $7 before, but the sum wasn't $85?

Also, the whole thing where you have to buy a virtual currency to buy cards was annoying enough with Gokoins, but that there's no even exchange rate annoys me even more.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 08:08:59 pm »
+2

First i had to spend 200 shields for Prince and had to give up two other promos for that and now they give it out for free and i have to pay 3.98 for the other two promos. that sounds not quite fair

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 08:15:27 pm »

The weird thing to me is that I remember the expansions being about $12 and $7 before, but the sum wasn't $85?

It was something like $4 each for Alchemy/Cornucopia/Guilds, $7 for Intrigue/Seaside/Prosperity/Hinterlands, and $11 for Dark Ages, possibly with a volume discount if you bought enough "Gokoins" to get all of them at once.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 08:24:28 pm »

It was something like $4 each for Alchemy/Cornucopia/Guilds, $7 for Intrigue/Seaside/Prosperity/Hinterlands, and $11 for Dark Ages, possibly with a volume discount if you bought enough "Gokoins" to get all of them at once.

Gokoins were just simply $0.10 each no matter how many you bought. There were bundles with certain expansions and I think a bunch of zaps or something, whose price in Gokoins was less than the total price of the individual expansions, including a bundle with all of the expansions for 450 Gokoins.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 03:28:39 am »

Wait. Everyone gets Prince for free now. That's interesting. I did not know that. I don't mind though.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 04:19:33 am »

I didn't get Prince for free. I'm confused.

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 05:07:15 am »
+1

In version 1 Victory Tokens were only useful for obtaining Promo cards. Here they are being converted into Promo cards. Version 1 players receive 1 Promo card for every 100 Victory Tokens they had, up until you have all the Promo cards. Standard rounding will apply to fractional amounts. For example, a player with 150 Victory Tokens receives 2 Promo cards while a player with 149 Victory Tokens receives 1 Promo card. Promo cards will automatically be distributed in this order -- Prince, Black Market, Governor, Stash, Envoy, Walled Village -- skipping over any you already have.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 05:23:41 am »
+1

First i had to spend 200 shields for Prince and had to give up two other promos for that and now they give it out for free and i have to pay 3.98 for the other two promos. that sounds not quite fair

Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 06:25:49 am »

In version 1 Victory Tokens were only useful for obtaining Promo cards. Here they are being converted into Promo cards. Version 1 players receive 1 Promo card for every 100 Victory Tokens they had, up until you have all the Promo cards. Standard rounding will apply to fractional amounts. For example, a player with 150 Victory Tokens receives 2 Promo cards while a player with 149 Victory Tokens receives 1 Promo card. Promo cards will automatically be distributed in this order -- Prince, Black Market, Governor, Stash, Envoy, Walled Village -- skipping over any you already have.

So Prince is not included for free in the base set.

abura448

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 08:20:12 am »

I'm not sure if I did anything to get Prince for free but I currently have the Prince promo and literally bought nothing on either version. I was waiting to purchase everything once v2 came out, but that has backfired as the price has jumped substantially.

thespaceinvader

• Minion
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 08:33:08 am »
+1

That is a really weird way to work 'every 100 tokens'.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 08:36:55 am »
+5

I'd be pretty pissed if I got Stash for free; it's a card I actively don't want.

I do kinda hope though that they got Adam the Black Market he didn't know he always wanted.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 08:38:24 am »
+2

I'd be pretty pissed if I got Stash for free; it's a card I actively don't want.

I do kinda hope though that they got Adam the Black Market he didn't know he always wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw_pD6pc5Jk
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 09:22:59 am »

Same here, never bought Stash even if I could. Now that I might get it for free, I am actually frightened what happens on Dominion 2.0 when somebody actually buys this. An explosion of the servers wouldn't surprise me.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 01:53:38 am »

I got a Stash in Goko for the first time ever maybe ten days ago and was shocked at how elegantly it was implemented (not sarcasm). Worth seeing at least once.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 08:46:02 am »
+2

What do people have against owning Stash?  They can't all be the best promo ever.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 09:07:47 am »

There have been a couple of games where I bought Stash.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 09:18:42 am »

I got a Stash in Goko for the first time ever maybe ten days ago and was shocked at how elegantly it was implemented (not sarcasm). Worth seeing at least once.

I saw it aswell in Qvists last league match, it was really well implemented...on Goko. I don't want to find out how it's on 2.0
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 09:45:58 am »

What do people have against owning Stash?  They can't all be the best promo ever.

Either it's entirely useless or it enables a dominant, not-very-interesting strategy. I don't mind it, but I can see why someone else would.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 10:09:31 am »
+2

the thing with stash is that i feel like the good combos with it are rare enough to be fun, if you have all the cards anyway
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 20 queries.