Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 125042 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1125 on: July 14, 2015, 02:01:44 pm »

And I'm still just a VT. I think Pacovf has been taking way too much charge with this game, and everyone is following him like sheep. vote: pacovf just in case I'm not right now.

...have we been following the same game?

I'm talking about the last couple days.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 14, 2015, 11:27:36 pm »

Scheisse, less than 17 hours to deadline, and I am not going to be super available tomorrow. Man, I dropped the ball today, sorry. Teproc, if you want to reread more people, it will have to be quick...

In case I can't contribute tomorrow, I would just like to say that if mail-mi ends up winning this game as scum, I shall be very put out.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 15, 2015, 05:46:20 am »

I will reread mail-mi and skip before deadline.

You're right that I'm dismissing your Seprix wagon because your day 1 convinced me, but I don't think that's a mistake. Because we lynched scum on day 1, that is by far the most significant day.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 15, 2015, 10:06:25 am »

The most significant, ok, maybe. But well, that's basically the only thing you are giving consideration to, and you basically admit in your own reread-case on me that by the end you are dismissing things that would normally make you think I am towny. Not enough to mark me as a townread when giving consideration to everything, ok, fair enough, but I don't think I am the only reasonable lynch today, as you are trying to make it look like (cf. mail-mi).

I don't know if what you are doing is the right thing to do or not, in the general case. I am biased by the knowledge of my alignment.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 15, 2015, 10:08:38 am »

Well, if Hydrad and chairs don't log in today, then I am the only feasible lynch. That sucks.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 15, 2015, 11:03:10 am »

I mean, I'm logged in.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Vote Count
« Reply #1131 on: July 15, 2015, 11:34:50 am »

Vote Count 4.2

pacovf (3): mail-mi, chairs, Teproc
mail-mi (2): skip wooznum, pacovf

Not Voting (1): Hydrad

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 4 ends at Jul 15, 4 PM Forum Time. That is in 4,5 hours.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 15, 2015, 11:37:25 am »

Seprix, OTOH, is constantly following the flow of town on pacovf, null when consensus haven't formed yet, then town when everyone sees him as town, then slight doubt when cases are made against him. Easily the player that fits the best so far.
this is big for me. It's swaying me towards pacovf here. And seprix was pushing mail-mi day 2 as was pointed out. I'm ready to hammer.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 15, 2015, 11:43:43 am »

I'd be fine with it. I was going to reread mail-mi and, well, you later today but I doubt I'll change my mind at this point.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 15, 2015, 12:57:09 pm »

Well, there's only so much one can say to defend himself.

I think you should no-lynch tomorrow, just for some extra peace of mind against conspiracy theories.

Man, you should have lynched mail-mi today, you are not going to like tomorrow's choice.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1 start!)
« Reply #1135 on: July 15, 2015, 01:31:03 pm »

Vote: Seprix

Stop voting my scum partner kthxbye

Vote: Hydrad

mail-mi doesn't have a lot of posts so that's the ind of stuff (this was during RVS) we have to work with. Probably more likely to vote for a scum partner than a random town player at that point in the game, but it's not much.

That's literally it for day 1 as far as interactions with Seprix and Awaclus go. Which means light scum to me : it should really be null, but the way day 1 went down, having an inactive partner would be an explaining factor.

HOORAY Awaclus was scum!

I think we need to lynch off-wagon today.

Final Vote Count Day 1

Awaclus (7): Hydrad, Witherweaver, UmbrageOfSnow, Teproc, chairs, Seprix, A Drowned Kernel
Teproc (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (1): pacovf
chairs (2): Awaclus, Joseph2302

Not Voting (1): skip wooznum

With 12 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

...which, well, really narrows it down to Pacovf and Skip. Skip was acting pretty scummy yesterday, and not having your vote on someone is bad news, like he wanted to find an argument for anyone else but couldn't, but didn't want to vote his scum partner. (Haven't reread end of Day 1 yet so don't know if this is what his posts felt like). vote: skip wooznum

The "HOORAY" thing is a little much, but it looks pretty good that mail-mi immediately assumes we're lynching on-wagon. If he's scum, that means he gets lynched eventually. Maybe he was planning to take the fall for Seprix, which would fit since mail-mi knew he was going to be absent, but that seems like a terrible, terrible strategy.

Not lynching Pacovf today. I liked that analysis. And ADK is now definitely my top lynch choice behind Skip.

And of course, not a single post by mail-mi anywhere near this.

Already told you why.

Seprix not mentioned. I think he only had one vote at that point, but still, ADK and skip were the other two possible lynches (aside from himself of course), so that's pretty convenient.

I don't know what to add, so I guess I can answer any questions you guys have for me.

You could start by moving your vote to someone that might actually get lynched today.

Also, I'm going on a week long vacation next week with no internet access. So maybe it might be a good idea to lynch me just because of that.

Erm, I think skip might be lynched today.

I am town, but I'm just a VT and I haven't been contributing to the game at all anyway, so I'm the best town you could possibly lynch.

Right, that happenned. Again, this is the "mail-mi falls on his sword and bets on Seprix living" scenario, but that seems like a horrible, horrible strategy. Or it's a grab for towncred... I don't know, it reads genuine to me.

I don't remember anyone else saying that they wanted to lynch skip today. Nobody has built a real case on him either. It seems quite unlikely.

Well, I guess I could vote: seprix then.

That's L-2. Don't think it buys him towncred more than it does pacovf, but it means that scum!mail-mi's strategy would have made 0 sense on day 2.

unvote I believe seprix.

Oh wait, now it does, of course. Ok, so there's maybe something there, because it did look like Seprix might survive thanks to his claim before pacovf threw it apart.

And then he pretty enthusiastically goes for the easy mislynches (though basically everyone went for ADK, so meh). Hm. There's more there than I expected frankly. Claiming VT and saying "just lynch" me just doesn't seem like a scum!mail-mi move. I still think pacovf isabetter lynch but it's closer than I thought.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 15, 2015, 02:18:05 pm »

Hm. There's more there than I expected frankly.

Told you so! You still have 1h45 to change your vote. Go ahead, I promise I won't hold your temporary fit of madness against you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 15, 2015, 02:37:14 pm »

Told you so! You still have 1h45 to change your vote. Go ahead, I promise I won't hold your temporary fit of madness against you.

vote: pacovf Scrambling scum.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 15, 2015, 02:50:04 pm »

Hehe, you were already voting for me  :P

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 15, 2015, 03:34:20 pm »

If others change their minds on you I will, but at this point it doesn't look likely.

Which, by the way, we need Hydrad or skip around to get a lynch here. No lynch is probably horrible ? Well actually it's not that bad, we still get 2 shots at lynching scum but still.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Count
« Reply #1140 on: July 15, 2015, 03:34:57 pm »

Vote Count 4.3

pacovf (3): mail-mi, chairs, Teproc
mail-mi (2): skip wooznum, pacovf

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 4 ends at Jul 15, 4 PM Forum Time. That is in 30 minutes.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 15, 2015, 03:35:45 pm »

To be clear I still prefe lynching pacovf, but lynching mail-mi seems good as well. I'm pretty confident the last scum is between those two anyway, skip seems super townie.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 15, 2015, 03:36:47 pm »

If others change their minds on you I will, but at this point it doesn't look likely.

Which, by the way, we need Hydrad or skip around to get a lynch here. No lynch is probably horrible ? Well actually it's not that bad, we still get 2 shots at lynching scum but still.

I think a no-lynch tomorrow is actually quite beneficial to town. No-lynch today is slightly less optimal, but that's what it's looking like.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 15, 2015, 03:38:05 pm »

I'm certainly hoping that skip is town, otherwise we've lost this (barring me suddenly getting hypnotic powers).

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 15, 2015, 03:40:39 pm »

Well, I guess it's vote: pacovf time

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 15, 2015, 03:41:27 pm »

good luck tomorrow, still think you should no-lynch.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 15, 2015, 03:42:37 pm »

First time I'm mislynched! i am sure there's things to be learned from this.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Count
« Reply #1147 on: July 15, 2015, 04:04:23 pm »

Thread locked!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 15, 2015, 04:04:40 pm »

Final Vote Count Day 4

pacovf (4): mail-mi, chairs, Teproc, skip wooznum
mail-mi (1): pacovf

With 6 alive, it took 4 to lynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 15, 2015, 04:06:51 pm »

pacovf has been lynched. He was Lyra playing as Cold Autumn, a Vanilla Townie.

Night 4 starts now and ends at Jul 16, 4 pm Forum Time.

If anyone wants the night to last 2 real days, say so in your QT and I will prolong it one day.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 20 queries.