Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126109 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1025 on: July 06, 2015, 01:27:09 am »

ah my bad adk i probably should of used my IC powers to defend you better. unless you scum...
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 06, 2015, 02:03:21 am »

If I was scum the game would be over and I wouldn't be keeping up the pretense.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 06, 2015, 02:56:58 am »

Sorry ADK. Will definitely look into mail-mi again.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 06, 2015, 04:35:18 am »

Why were we in a rush exactly ? I understand ADK would probably have been lynched anyway but there was really no need to rush that quickly.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 06, 2015, 10:35:20 am »

Nothing was happening, and it was unlikely that anything was going to happen. You yourself said that you didn't really feel motivated to do a reread. Might as well move on and not lose what little momentum we have. Demotivated town is losing town.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 06, 2015, 10:38:04 am »

I didn't mean that in general, I meant that I wasn't motivated that particular day, but whatever.

This was an automatic lynch, and those are almost always good for scum, because no one can go and analyze them/hold people responsible for their votes. "Well, ADK was scummy, everyone agreed, so yeah I lynched him".

We're still very likely to win, but scum only needs, what, 3 mislynches from now ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 06, 2015, 10:45:21 am »

Scum needs two mislynches to win. We can fit in a no-lynch if it comes to that.

I agree that I would have preferred if the lynch weren't automatic, but how do you fight that? If everybody agreed that he was scummy, everybody agreed that he was scummy, there is no way around that.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 06, 2015, 10:48:22 am »

By letting people have some time. It was the week-end, and for instance I was planning on rereading Seprix for interactions. I'll do that anyway, but who knows what I would've gotten out of that, or other people, and then there's the fact that people are just more involved in the game during the week in general.

I was counting the ADK lynch in my count. It looks like a mislynch, as I would expect scum!ADK to just move us to post-game discussion, but you never know.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 06, 2015, 10:51:32 am »

Fair enough.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1034 on: July 06, 2015, 10:59:42 am »

Thread locked!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: July 06, 2015, 11:00:02 am »

Day 3 Final Vote Count

A Drowned Kernel (5): pacovf, skip wooznum, chairs, hockeysemlan, mail-mi
mail-mi (1): A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (2): Teproc, Hydrad

With 8 alive, it took 5 to lynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 06, 2015, 11:03:07 am »

A chill inducing sound hit Twilight's ears as she opened the door to her library. It was a melody full of sadness and melancholy, of beauty and grandeur, of loss and fugacity. It took Twilight a couple of moments to realize that it was Lyra, standing amidst the group, gently plucking strings on her lyre which she held before her in a beautifully illuminated cloud of green magic. When the last chords passed, a few seconds of pregnant silence followed, before the audience around her began to break into cheers.

"Thank you, thank you!" Lyra bowed, wiping a tear off her forehead. "My very own composition... I've been working on it forever and just got it finished yesterday."

"But..." Pinkie frowned. "Why did you say it was my farewell?"

"Oh." In an instant, Lyra's expression shifted, her lyre being carefully put away into its container. "Well, because you're the last chaos, of course. But I admit I was mostly looking for an excuse to play it..." She smiled bashfully.

"No I'm not!"

"You tried to prevent us from lynching Twilight on Day one..."

"What? No I didn't! I helped to get her lynched! I helped you!"

A slight crack appeared in the world's fabric, thin but wide, a crevice drawing itself vertically across reality.

Pinkie's pupils shrank. "Uhhh, guys, do you see this?"

"On day 2," Lyra continued without listening, "you didn't really help with Applebloom, though you also didn't consider much at all. Clear chaos behavior."

"I, uhm, have to agree," Fluttershy chimed in softly. "I also have reason not to lynch most of the others."

"Fluttershy's right!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed, which may or may not have been an attempt to make herself plot relevant.

"But I'm not chaos!" Pinkie shouted, her panic perhaps enchanted by what she was seeing, although the crack seemed to close itself at this point. "I'm Rainbow Dash! The element of loyalty! I couldn't be evil!"

Cold coughed. "I'm afraid your flavor doesn't excuse your behavior... though this is exactly the kind of argument scum would make. Yeah, we caught you."

"You're not Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo pouted. "Rainbow Dash is gone! VOTE FOR PINKIE PIE!"

"Uhh..." Twilight blinked. "... yeah, about that. Listen guys..."

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 06, 2015, 11:03:41 am »

A Drowned Kernel has been lynched. He was Pinkie Pie playing as Rainbow Dash, a Town Doctor.

Confirming that I did make a mistake with the original role distribution - massive apologies for that! The current setup now is what has been randomized before the game.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 06, 2015, 11:05:39 am »

Night 3 begins now and will last until July 08, 11 AM Forum Time. Remember to check in during the night.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Night 3)
« Reply #1039 on: July 08, 2015, 08:15:00 am »

Still missing confirmation from 2 players.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 08, 2015, 04:26:59 pm »

hockeysemlan has died in the night. He was Cold Autumn playing as Scootaloo, a Vanilla Townie.

Day 4 begins now and ends at July 15, 4 pm Forum Time.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 08, 2015, 04:30:44 pm »

Do we..... massclaim?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 08, 2015, 04:32:17 pm »

Well, that was unexpected. I wonder if there is anything to learn from that nightkill choice.

I definitely have to reread, I don't have any strong reads right now. That will probably have to wait until the weekend. But before that, an innocent question: assume I am a 1-shot cop, and get a town result during N1. When should I claim it? Right away? When the godfather dies? When I am up to L-1?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1043 on: July 08, 2015, 05:07:37 pm »

Well, that was unexpected. I wonder if there is anything to learn from that nightkill choice.

I definitely have to reread, I don't have any strong reads right now. That will probably have to wait until the weekend. But before that, an innocent question: assume I am a 1-shot cop, and get a town result during N1. When should I claim it? Right away? When the godfather dies? When I am up to L-1?

There's no way anyone should answer that question right now. If you have something to claim, you can go ahead, if not don't.

I'd be fine with a massclaim at this point, though it won't solve anything it'll at least clarify some things.

Also, what do you find surprising in the NK ?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 08, 2015, 05:45:45 pm »

I was trying to do a clever stunt, but I don't know if it will be possible or even necessary anymore. Oh well. I would still like to have the answer when the game ends.

I am not opposed to a massclaim.

The nightkill is suprising because Hockeysemlan is not as towny as the literal IC, Hydrad (and either there is no doctor or the last scum is strongman). And hockeysemlan doesn't seem as dangerous town as, say, yourself.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 08, 2015, 05:54:25 pm »

I hate clever stunts, so I'm not entirely sorry for possibly screwing that up.

As for the NK, I think WW/hockey was very close to IC, and Hydrad is just completely absent, so he was the person I saw as most likely to die tonight, with Hydrad a close second. We don't know if scum has a full strongman either, could be an indication they don't, maybe ?

Is mail-mi still V/LA ?

Now that I think about it a little more, I don't love massclaiming. There are still ways it could be bad for town, and I don't think there's any way for us to catch scum with it.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 08, 2015, 05:55:54 pm »

Why do you hate fun, Teproc?  :(

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 08, 2015, 05:58:00 pm »

I know, I know. I just don't think "town traps" are as useful as people think they are, and this one in particular seemed like it could very easily be abused by scum!you, so there.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 08, 2015, 06:03:54 pm »

sorry I`m doing a very poor job of an IC. I guess I`m just more afraid of being wrong in this situation then if I was normal town since I theoretically should have more influence with people. I`ll try to do better.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 08, 2015, 06:04:44 pm »

As for the NK, I think WW/hockey was very close to IC, and Hydrad is just completely absent, so he was the person I saw as most likely to die tonight, with Hydrad a close second. We don't know if scum has a full strongman either, could be an indication they don't, maybe ?

If there is an extra doctor, scum has a full strongman, per number of letters rolled. If there is no extra doctor, then it doesn't matter whether the strongman was 1-shot or not. So scum could have shot Hydrad if he wanted to, no problem.

I know, I know. I just don't think "town traps" are as useful as people think they are, and this one in particular seemed like it could very easily be abused by scum!you, so there.

Oh, I know you know what I was trying to do with that, and I can't say more.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.