Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 125052 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #950 on: July 01, 2015, 02:53:25 pm »

No, I just sympathize with his frustration.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 01, 2015, 03:01:42 pm »

For what it's worth, my thoughts after a quick readthrough: (great with the summarizes from pac and adk , made it easier to get somewhat of a picture)

I found ADK pretty scummy, especially around Seprix claim, seemed somewhat pushy.

I don't really get (or find) the case against pac. Could someone explain it to me?

And as I understand it we might have to lynch mail-mi and I guess I rather do it today than later on, so if you want a quick vote from me it's going to be on him..

No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 01, 2015, 03:15:30 pm »

For what it's worth, my thoughts after a quick readthrough: (great with the summarizes from pac and adk , made it easier to get somewhat of a picture)

I found ADK pretty scummy, especially around Seprix claim, seemed somewhat pushy.

I don't really get (or find) the case against pac. Could someone explain it to me?

And as I understand it we might have to lynch mail-mi and I guess I rather do it today than later on, so if you want a quick vote from me it's going to be on him..

I feel like I mentioned it my megapost. When Awaclus was getting lynched, he had a number of posts where he arguing against, with the rather weak argument that a lurker lynch wouldn't give us much information.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 01, 2015, 03:17:41 pm »

I feel like I mentioned it my megapost. When Awaclus was getting lynched, he had a number of posts where he arguing against, with the rather weak argument that a lurker lynch wouldn't give us much information.
not to mention offering to lynch him on day 2, which I still don't understand why pure lurker lynches are better later, if that's what pacovf claims he meant. Pacovf can you explain that?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 01, 2015, 03:42:57 pm »

It's not that they are better later, it's that they are less worse. If you do a pure lurker lynch D1 and the flip is town, then you are just as uninformed during D2 as during D1, which means that the next lynch will be similarly random. However, if you do a pure lurker lynch, say, D2, and he flips town, then you start D3 with the information from the D1 lynch, which is infinitely better than no information at all.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 01, 2015, 03:51:17 pm »

Also to factor in is Awaclus voting for Chairs. Could Awaclus have voted for his scum buddy in a last ditch effort to throw everyone off after he died?

Seprix first reference to chairs today. Someone try to convince me this comes from cop!seprix with town result on chairs.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 01, 2015, 03:56:03 pm »

It's not that they are better later, it's that they are less worse. If you do a pure lurker lynch D1 and the flip is town, then you are just as uninformed during D2 as during D1, which means that the next lynch will be similarly random. However, if you do a pure lurker lynch, say, D2, and he flips town, then you start D3 with the information from the D1 lynch, which is infinitely better than no information at all.

We've been over this before, but for Hockey's benefit: Awaclus wasn't a random lurker lynch at the time, and your vote was on Mail-mi with whom there were basically no interactions from anyone.  Awaclus at least had interactions even before your workday.

Pacovf was unable to follow the game closely while at work, and wanted more time before we lynched Awaclus so he could make sure everyone was accountable for their votes.  But in a rush, instead of asking for more time like a worried, unable-to-follow-the-game townie, he panicked and made a weak-sauce defense of Awaclus on the basis of lurker lynches being bad despite Pacovf's current vote on Mail-mi and the fact that Awaclus had been being super scummy in response to pressure, which Pacovf apparently hadn't caught, despite having caught enough to know Awaclus was inevitably getting lynched at that point.

It looks much more like a panicked, not-enough-time scum partner reaction than a panicked-wants-to-hold-people-accountable town reaction.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 01, 2015, 03:57:57 pm »

And pacovf's answer to that is he didn't consider mail-mi to be a lurker lynch as he had a genuine case against him.

And my (and others) answer to that is that there also was a real case against Awaclus.

This is simplified of course.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 01, 2015, 03:58:20 pm »

Also to factor in is Awaclus voting for Chairs. Could Awaclus have voted for his scum buddy in a last ditch effort to throw everyone off after he died?

Seprix first reference to chairs today. Someone try to convince me this comes from cop!seprix with town result on chairs.
wow, yeah. Would voting seprix now be the hammer?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 01, 2015, 03:59:40 pm »

This is what I was going to check out next, thanks for sparing me the time. That's pretty damning.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: July 01, 2015, 04:00:10 pm »

And pacovf's answer to that is he didn't consider mail-mi to be a lurker lynch as he had a genuine case against him.

And my (and others) answer to that is that there also was a real case against Awaclus.

This is simplified of course.

Thanks.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 01, 2015, 04:02:44 pm »

wow, yeah. Would voting seprix now be the hammer?

Only Teproc and I are voting for Seprix at the moment.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 01, 2015, 04:03:33 pm »

vote: seprix

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 01, 2015, 04:04:27 pm »

vote: Seprix that's pretty ridiculous.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 01, 2015, 04:09:53 pm »

Analyzing the wagon come D1 end, and given Seprix's Law of Mafia Average (One/Two scum tends to jump on wagon, The rest stay off wagon), I think I can come to this conclusion:

One scum is in this list: [Crossed players not scum]

Hydrad, Witherweaver, UmbrageOfSnow, Teproc, chairs, Seprix, A Drowned Kernel

One scum is in the other list:

Mail-Mi, Pacovf, Skip Wooznum

Wait, I found this gem over here.

1) town!Awaclus gets very indignant when he has a wagon on him, and continually talks about how not scum he's been acting.

This is true. Usually when I'm town, I have like 29384723984723 town tells that everyone is either not noticing or choosing to ignore on purpose, which is why I have to point them out. In this game, I haven't posted much because a lot of stuff has been going on IRL and other games, and that's why there aren't that many things that I can point out. The only notable thing is that I don't lurk as scum, but there's the problem that I don't usually lurk as town either.

This could easily be scum!WW defending Awaclus there. So if that's the case, we have WW/Awaclus/???. This is nice because I think everyone else bar maybe Chairs (and that's a maybe) is pretty much Town on the wagon.

We have mail-Mi, Pacovf and Skip. Skip seems townie, because he's quite overeager, which is typical for newer players. Pacovf has been strong town thus far.

Looks like a WW/Awaclus/Mail-Mi scum team so far.

Just acknowledge that I'm a virtual IC so we can move on from there.

I will not, because people can't just declare themselves innocent and expect everyone else to follow the Pied Piper without a reason.

I shoved all-in on Awaclus repeatedly and hard. Do you really think I'd do that as scum D1?

It's not likely, but there are these arguments to be made:

1. Scum could anticipate this line of thinking. But wait, Seprix. Why would chairs lynch Awaclus if they were scumbuddies? That makes no sense! Well, that leads to my next point.

2. Chairs could not back out of his read because it got too hot and he knew exactly what would entail if he backed out before the near inevitable lynch. Scum votes for scum sometimes to mix it up, I propose that is what you could have done. And then the wagon started hard, and then boom, you had a problem on your hands.

But all of this is theoretical and not too likely. So yes, I would consider you town.

These are all posts where Seprix talks about chairs during D2, before his claim. This is completely ridiculous.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 01, 2015, 04:14:19 pm »

Okay, so there is a godfather in this setup, so Seprix would have reason not to automatically believe his result... but his posts following his claim indicated that he wasn't paying much attention to the setup? But he was considering result-tampering roles as existing?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 01, 2015, 04:19:13 pm »

Okay, so there is a godfather in this setup, so Seprix would have reason not to automatically believe his result... but his posts following his claim indicated that he wasn't paying much attention to the setup? But he was considering result-tampering roles as existing?

Thanks Pacovf.

Uh, wow.  Yeah so Seprix, the cop who doesn't understand what cop results look like and doesn't seem to realize we had a Godfather also comes up with scenarios for his claimed innocent result to be scum.  That's like an anti-breadcrumb.  Um, yeah.  I wasn't sold on his claim before, but that makes the chances like 0%.

Vote: Seprix

Lynching scum is better than lynching maybe-scum.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 01, 2015, 04:22:48 pm »

And that's L-1.  Again.

Could we get an official vote count please

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 01, 2015, 04:37:08 pm »

vote: Seprix because I like hammering and because that is an awfully damning report.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 01, 2015, 05:36:20 pm »

Thread locked!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 01, 2015, 05:37:37 pm »

Day 2 Final Vote Count

Seprix (6): pacovf, Teproc, skip wooznum, A Drowned Kernel, UmbrageOfSnow, chairs
A Drowned Kernel (1): Seprix

Not Voting (3): Hydrad, hockeysemlan, mail-mi

With 10 alive, it took 6 to lynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 01, 2015, 05:48:46 pm »

On an idyllic patch of green not far off the Ponyvillean Town Hall, a fairly large group of friends stood together, happily absorbed in seemingly relentless arguments. Not far off, Twilight was unhappily absorbed in a dusty book about formal logical systems, an occasional sigh interrupting her lecture. The game had slowed down substantially after her lynch a week ago, and she found herself asking herself not for the first time whether or not she should even still join them. Even Applejack, although technically required to attend every meeting, had been largely absent, and Twilight would probably get more stuff done in the library.

"Kind of depressing, huh?"

Twilight looked up. "Yeah..." She sighed - that might sound strange because it's a repetition, but it happened, so it has to be said.

"What're you reading?" Colgate asked, hesitantly sitting down beside her.

"A book on the usage of formal logical systems." She raised the cover. "Probably not your main area."

"No... I know a little bit about it, though."

A pause.

"They're really getting into this, aren't they?"

"Oh, yeah." Colgate chuckled. "Yes, they are. Especially Rainbow. She's taken up somewhat of a leading role... didn't expect so much level headed input from her, to be honest."

"But you don't interact with the game anymore, do you? You're dead, you aren't allowed to."

"Nono, I just watch. I only talked a little bit to Applejack, and now to you." Another pause. "Twilight, uh... can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"How come you got into a relationship with... you know, both of your pegasus friends?"

Twilight giggled. A smile crept onto her face at the mere mention of the subject. "Well... Rainbow asked me out first. Fluttershy made her, actually. Apparently she flat out told Rainbow that she had a thing for me which she wasn't aware of, and... I guess she was right. It didn't take long for me to return her affection... I guess I've just been that lucky. Or lonely. One of the two.

"Mh... and Fluttershy... that happened much more gradually. I was working with her on a pretty big project, and saw her everyday, and I just... bean to be uneasy around her, nervous, excited. I told Rainbow everything about it, and that it didn't take away from what I felt for her, and she told me to ask Fluttershy out, so I did."

"But they two aren't...?"

"Oh no, they aren't. But they've known each other forever... I guess that's why they're both fine with... well, sharing me." Twilight shook her head, her gaze still fixated at the colorful display of chaosful lynching and murdering, but she didn't even really see it. "You know, sometimes... sometimes, I... I think I'm just so stupidly lucky for... everything. I didn't... deserve them. Or, at least I didn't earn them. It just... happened. With both of them. And not just them, but the other girls, too. It used to be so different, when I was living alone in Canterlot and worked all day without ever receiving recognition. I just... hope it doesn't turn around again, one day. I've been so much happier since I live here that my past life barely feels like... part of my life anymore. It feels more like something which has been told to me, and I know I lived it, but only because I keep telling myself I did."

"Mh... well." Colgate smirked. "For what it's worth, I think they're both pretty cute."

Twilight giggled.

BANG.

"Oh hey, looks like they finally agreed on a lynch."

"What? What relevance?"

"Huh?"

Seprix has been lynched. He was Applebloom playing as Discord, the Mafia Godfather.

Night 2 will last until July 3, 6 pm Forum Time. Don't forget to confirm in your QT during the night.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 05:52:16 pm by silverspawn »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Night 2)
« Reply #972 on: July 03, 2015, 06:32:06 pm »

"Rainbow! Yo, Rainbow Dash!"

A rainbow colored mane peaked up behind a white cloud hovering in a random spot above town.

"What? I was napping."

"Sugar, you're always nappin'. I dun rightly have the time to wait out whenever I wanna talk to ya."

"Heh. Good point." FWOOSH. A rainbow colored blur drew itself from the cloud to the ground below. "What's up?"

"I..."

"Did ya see how I was smashing the game yesterday? Oh, you hear it. Totally owned that chaos scum. Hah. Who does Applebloom think she is, anyway?"

Applejack cleared her throat, but Rainbow overheard it.

"Totally ownin' that game, I tell ya. Chaos hunting is my middle name. Yup. Rainbow Professionalism Chaos Hunting Danger Dash. If Twilight ever makes another one of these, there's gotta be more chaos playing, otherwise it's not even a challenge. Hah. Well, unless I'm chaos next time, then I'd probably not even need any team mates. Eh, I mean it wasn't like AB was doing a good job, either. What was she thinking just claiming police pony out of nowhere? As if she could ever be that. Hah! Can ya imagine AB as a police pony? Ohh, that's rich!"

Applejack's eyes were shooting daggers towards Rainbow, at this point, who finally seemed to realize whom she was talking to.

"Ahem. Right. Heh. Just got carried away, I guess. Well, being awesome is a mighty bit of work. No time to be considerate. Uhh, anyway, did ya wanna to tell me something?"

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:39:50 pm by silverspawn »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 03, 2015, 06:33:57 pm »

UmbrageOfSnow has died in the night. He was Rainbow Dash playing as Liara, a Vanilla Townie.

Day 3 begins!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 03, 2015, 06:38:02 pm »

I will have to reread the flavour at some point to see if it is actually a novelization of player behaviour, or just random fanfic.

Anyway, let's flawless this. Vote: ADK.

Honourable mentions: mail-mi, skip.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 20 queries.