Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Dominion Online Open Beta coming up shortly!  (Read 97648 times)

DavidTheDavid

• Dominion Online Staff
  • Respect: +210
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Online Open Beta coming up shortly!
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2015, 08:56:24 pm »

Fingers crossed that we get a release out today that will resolve the server issues. I haven't seen the full release notes to know what else may be included, but keep an eye on the MF forum. There's always the chance that some oddball problem will popup when testing the new client, but again, fingers crossed.

New release is being tested.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 17, 2015, 09:11:32 pm »

Fingers crossed that we get a release out today that will resolve the server issues. I haven't seen the full release notes to know what else may be included, but keep an eye on the MF forum. There's always the chance that some oddball problem will popup when testing the new client, but again, fingers crossed.

Any idea on an ETA for it?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2015, 09:29:34 pm »
+3

Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

DavidTheDavid

• Dominion Online Staff
  • Respect: +210
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 17, 2015, 09:44:13 pm »
+1

It's there now. :)

LordHumanton discussed an in-app alert to let people know when new versions are out. I'm not sure if that's in this one or not. THe sooner, the better.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2015, 09:50:09 pm »
+1

LordHumanton discussed an in-app alert to let people know when new versions are out. I'm not sure if that's in this one or not. THe sooner, the better.

Question for you; if someone owned one of the half-sets on Goko, how will that translate to set ownership in your system since you don't seem to have half-sets in your store?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2015, 10:19:04 pm »
+6

The ability to auto install updates.... well, is industry standard.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2015, 11:26:07 pm »
+2

So... What was updated?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2015, 04:52:00 am »
+1

Updates in V.2.0.30

http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?6999-Release-Notes-v-2-0-30&p=35717#post35717

Quote from: MF Guy
We have an upgrade tonight. Tonight's release (7/17/15) contains both backend and client upgrades. The main focus of the backend was stability.

This first upgrade follows 6 days from the initial release. Our schedule during the Closed Beta was to provide weekly updates containing lots of fixes and improvements. Expect this to continue throughout the Open Beta period.

CHANGES SINCE 2.0.29 (7/11/15)

Finished the tutorial (730, 1128,1144,1149)
Fixed: Spoils card has wrong numbers on top (951)
Fixed: Dame Josephine has wrong cost with Quarry (981)
Fixed: Game log showing information from previous campaign game (1039)
Signing of Mac installer to prevent "unidentified developer" warning (1044)
Fixed: No feedback about how to unlock campaigns (1123)
Fixed: Campaign flag jumps from 0 to 2 after completion (1146)
Fixed: Chat is global in results screen (1148)
Fixed: inconsistent password criteria in Forgot Password (1134)
Email verification in sign up process (1136)
After campaign, should go back to map (1145)
Fixed: Score card getting set to zeros (1150)
Fixed: Problems playing Village Bot AI in campaigns (1151)
Allow guests to enter/play Tutorial and Base Act I campaign (1153,1161)
Fixed: "Wait animation": Disconnection from the site and/or inability to connect (1154)
Fixed: Nearly always get matched with Serf Bot (1155)
Only put one rating in score card (1159)
Fixed: Price change display bug with Jack Of All Trades (1065)
Fixed bug with social-to-local form if you entered an email with caps (1171)
Fixed: Purchasing does not immediately show as unlocked (1196)
Fixed: Highlight states for Prosperity are whacky (1197)
Fixed: Error message when clicking on wagon icon in campaigns (1198)
Backend improvements or unreleased features (588, 1143, 1183)

Our plan is that the next 2-3 releases will focus on squashing bugs and then in July, it will mostly be about adding missing features and building out other platforms (web, tablet).
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2015, 08:01:40 am »

I don't see the plaintext password fix in there. Can anyone comment on whether that's been fixed?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2015, 08:44:01 am »
+2

I don't see the plaintext password fix in there. Can anyone comment on whether that's been fixed?

If you look upthread, you'll see that the password is only stored in plaintext on your machine.  It's sent via SSL and there is no real security risk unless someone has access to your computer.  And if that's the case, you have worse problems than an easily available password for an online game.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2015, 09:22:04 am »

So they haven't fixed the wild, askew text?  The thing that makes it literally impossible to play the game if you don't have every card memorized?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2015, 09:29:09 am »

So they haven't fixed the wild, askew text?  The thing that makes it literally impossible to play the game if you don't have every card memorized?

Just play along with your own cards at home!

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2015, 09:34:50 am »
+1

Have you tried playing around with resolution settings? I seem to remember that it fixed the problem for some people.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2015, 09:36:56 am »
+3

If you look upthread, you'll see that the password is only stored in plaintext on your machine.  It's sent via SSL and there is no real security risk unless someone has access to your computer.  And if that's the case, you have worse problems than an easily available password for an online game.

This may be technically true, except the bolded part could be argued. On the other hand, I'm not going to touch this app again until my password is never stored in plain text anywhere.

That's really not too much to ask, and I'm not going to RE their entire app just to verify that they aren't storing or sending that password in plain text ever.

Yeah yeah, I know I'm not giving any justification for why I disagree with the idea that this isn't a "real" security risk. And I'm not going to, for security reasons (lol). Suffice it to say that I work in the computer security industry and this is my professional opinion. I also know that many people share it.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2015, 09:37:10 am »

Have you tried playing around with resolution settings? I seem to remember that it fixed the problem for some people.

Just did.  The cards are fine at 1600x900, but start going askew at 1280x720.  I guess I can play at fullscreen, but I prefer having a window I can shuffle around.  :P

Also, the deck counter bug seems to have been fixed.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2015, 09:37:59 am »
+1

Does anyone else think it's weird that I'm prompted to choose a resolution when I start it?  Why can't it, like, detect the "ideal" resolution based on monitor size, or something?  And maybe have some override settings through a config file (that can be edited through a GUI).

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 18, 2015, 09:46:03 am »

Animations are still covering up numbers, though.  They have made some improvement, but I'm still going to wait another week now.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2015, 10:01:49 am »
+2

Just tried it. The animations are much better. Right now the biggest issue is how hard it makes my computer work. This is a simple game (computation-wise) and shouldn't make my laptop's fan go into overtime. I don't think I want to put this much strain on my computer just to play Dominion online.

sc0UT

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: sc0UT
  • Respect: +106
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 18, 2015, 10:12:39 am »
+3

Someday people will stop blurring the difference between an alpha and a beta.

Quote from: Jeff (Developer)
Quote from: Steve Beal
This should not be called Beta IMO. This is barely an Alpha release.
It is technically alpha because it's feature-incomplete, but the decision was to call it beta testing, because that's more understandable to everybody.

MF Announcements Subforum

It's real und that's sad! :( In the same sense, let's call the alphabet "letters" or "symbols" to make it more understandable to the people.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2015, 10:14:37 am »
+4

It is technically alpha because it's feature-incomplete, but the decision was to call it beta testing, because that's more understandable to everybody.

It's real und that's sad! :( In the same sense, let's call the alphabet "letters" or "symbols" to make it more understandable to the people.

Clearly the alphabet should be called the betabet.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2015, 10:16:13 am »
+3

The irony of this statement is that the original feedback/criticism we got from everybody is that they wanted to be involved as early as possible in the cycle and not shut out until it was fully ready.

Kind of seems to be missing the point; calling it an alpha test or alpha preview would have made people aware that they were indeed being involved that early. 

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2015, 10:16:25 am »

Just tried it. The animations are much better. Right now the biggest issue is how hard it makes my computer work. This is a simple game (computation-wise) and shouldn't make my laptop's fan go into overtime. I don't think I want to put this much strain on my computer just to play Dominion online.

I had noticed that as well.  It's not bitcoin-mining levels of strain, but it's definitely Civ V levels of strain, which is a bit ridiculous.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 18, 2015, 10:17:26 am »
+6

Or perhaps the betalph.

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 18, 2015, 10:21:41 am »
+2

yeah, i still can't do anything with this until the CPU usage is fixed.  my computer is no slouch (it can stream and record lossless AVIs at the same time) yet it gets taxed to heck by this...

still, progress is progress.  here's hoping the next release makes it good enough for me to stream!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 18, 2015, 12:09:30 pm »
+2

Or perhaps the betalph.
I think it should be betagamm.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.