Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Dominion Online Open Beta coming up shortly!  (Read 97578 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Online Open Beta coming up shortly!
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 09:31:02 pm »
+8

The thing you have to open to see how many coin tokens your opponent has is doing something crazy instead of being openable by clicking.

Ugh.

*bangs head on desk repeatedly*

These are all bugs the beta testers complained about, and they didn't fix them in time for their open release, and now all of you are complaining about it again, even though we already complained about it, so they know about it, but you don't know about it, but they should have FIXED IT BEFORE RELEASING guh.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2015, 09:38:09 pm »
+1

I'm playing at the highest resolution. I only see 12 cards on the first page -- the 10 kingdom and the Bag of Gold / Diadem.

All Prizes should be on the second page, along with all unbuyable cards.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2015, 09:40:16 pm »
+6

The thing you have to open to see how many coin tokens your opponent has is doing something crazy instead of being openable by clicking.

Ugh.

These are all bugs the beta testers complained about, and they didn't fix them in time for their open release, and now all of you are complaining about it again, even though we already complained about it, so they know about it, but you don't know about it, but they should have FIXED IT BEFORE RELEASING guh.

Well, let's be honest.  They should really just get rid of that slider entirely.  I'm not sure why anyone thought it was a good plan.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2015, 09:41:43 pm »

Ugh.

Well, let's be honest.  They should really just get rid of that slider entirely.  I'm not sure why anyone thought it was a good plan.

I certainly don't like it. I think it's there for 'mobile functionality'.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2015, 09:45:52 pm »
+11

They seem really set on rushing through the release of this new version, and I'm pretty worried they are going to take down the old version before all the problems with the new one are fixed.

Beyond the bugs, the new play speed and animations make this inferior to an already bad version. And I don't really anticipate them addressing all of these (and other) design problems, they don't seem very interested in that.

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2015, 09:50:15 pm »

I'm playing at the highest resolution. I only see 12 cards on the first page -- the 10 kingdom and the Bag of Gold / Diadem.

All Prizes should be on the second page, along with all unbuyable cards.

Agreed. My guess is that it's the 10 (11) Kingdom Cards, and then it's just alphabetical for everything else. Wonder where they think they're going throw Events in.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2015, 09:57:21 pm »
+1

They seem really set on rushing through the release of this new version, and I'm pretty worried they are going to take down the old version before all the problems with the new one are fixed.

Beyond the bugs, the new play speed and animations make this inferior to an already bad version. And I don't really anticipate them addressing all of these (and other) design problems, they don't seem very interested in that.

They'd better make it work.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2015, 10:02:52 pm »
+2

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2015, 10:50:48 pm »
+3

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee let's see how big this can get!
It's been done:

AHoppy

Also Seprix you already quoted you can't quote again!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2015, 10:52:58 pm »
+2

That is an epileptic Matryoshka ziggurat right there, I tell you what.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2015, 11:16:50 pm »

Ugh.

This is uncannily like deja vu.  At least the entire server isn't crashing multiple times an hour immediately after people started downloading it.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2015, 11:18:54 pm »
+1

Ugh.

This is uncannily like deja vu.  At least the entire server isn't crashing multiple times an hour immediately after people started downloading it.

Oh, yes, this is infinitely better than that fiasco.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2015, 11:27:45 pm »
+1

The animations are gone!

EDIT: And just like that they're back. I swear to god I got three turns at the start of a game without them.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2015, 12:51:55 am »

AHMAGAH IT'S HERE!!!

I understand they're still working out the kinks but I gotta say... I just had an absolute train wreck of a game when my cards-in-deck number was 10 over what it needed to be and I ended up accidentally Ambassadoring my ENTIRE DECK away. By some miracle (which is called King's Court/Monument) I still won.

The animations were kinda choppy and in-your-face and like all of us I'm still waiting for private rooms and visible logs, but the basic system itself is at least an improvement over 1.0.

Edit: There are two things in gameplay that I do really like. First, they've made the colored outlines on cards a lot more distinct, especially the red-for-trash one which clearly says "CAUTION: YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOSE THIS CARD FOREVER." Second, it looks like they're trying to tweak the optional effects (like trashing Urchins) so that you don't have to click a button every time you want to skip them. They're actually trying to prevent misclicks, guys!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:21:45 am by Elanchana »
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2015, 01:11:50 am »
+1

The animations were kinda choppy and like all of us I'm still waiting for private rooms and visible logs...
...and a decent chat interface, and an improvement over drag-and-drop watchtower type stuff, and a kingdom builder, and an option to turn off stupid animations...
...but the basic system itself is at least an improvement over 1.0.

Also, is there any way to see your opponent's rating?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2015, 01:18:55 am »
+1

AHMAGAH IT'S HERE!!!

I understand they're still working out the kinks but I gotta say... I just had an absolute train wreck of a game when my cards-in-deck number was 10 over what it needed to be and I ended up accidentally Ambassadoring my ENTIRE DECK away. By some miracle (which is called King's Court/Monument) I still won.

The animations were kinda choppy and like all of us I'm still waiting for private rooms and visible logs, but the basic system itself is at least an improvement over 1.0.

It's worse than Goko. But it's better than when Goko first came out.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2015, 01:24:10 am »

AHMAGAH IT'S HERE!!!

The animations were kinda choppy and like all of us I'm still waiting for private rooms and visible logs, but the basic system itself is at least an improvement over 1.0.

It's worse than Goko. But it's better than when Goko first came out.

You gotta remember that a lot of people still use Goko without Salvager. It's better than that. Also, I did a bit of editing on my post.

Edit: Ahahaha. Um. It's not letting me log in anymore.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:45:17 am by Elanchana »
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2015, 02:19:55 am »

Looks like the old members are about to get PTSD over MF's new system not working for anybody at the moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 20 queries.