Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Letting a computer program make cards  (Read 75344 times)

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
Re: Letting a computer program make cards
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2015, 06:01:50 pm »
+2

…So, do we have enough of these yet to put together the "Dominion: Artificial Intelligence" fan expansion?

(Is Mold balanced at $3? The obvious comparison is Cache: Mould gives you fewer junk cards than Cache, but the junk itself—a semi-Survivors—is presumably substantially worse to have than Copper. Worse enough to bring the cost down to $3 instead of $5?)
Yes, if I ever print these cards to playtest I'd cost Mould and Property 4$, and I'd also consider letting Property gain up to 4 (and reversing the conditional: "you may gain an estate. If you did, gain a card costing up to 4$").
Yet, I decided to post them in the original version. :) (I still failed to cost Property right)

rspeer

• Witch
  • Respect: +877
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2015, 01:43:11 am »
+36

Now that we've almost thoroughly replaced Donald X. with a small computer program, let's finish the job. (I added the quote tags around things that sound like the questions.)

Interview with Robot Donald X.

Magic: The Gathering, by a sampling of fan cards, there's a reason against this?

Of the games I haven't played many other deckbuilders, but they never had much of a micro-expansion of some sort with the article on Raze I read about that specific product placement until reading about board games and memes without the bad.

Magic's resource system does some good things. It's nice having randomness affect your resource development. It's nice when you're no longer enjoy as much.

I have played with two and so do those one day.

Card functionality can hypothetically be a worthwhile project in terms of actual income, my job is collecting royalties on Dominion. I don't look at top 2, may discard them (survivors)
- pass this left
- gain a card like that be?

Originally the mats were going to limit you no matter what you get.

Do you consider a guilty pleasure? That is, are there any expansion you made, but DA was the key thing to do.

The number of uh weak / narrow cards. So this significant feature of Dominion listed as a bonus and no set wanting simple on-theme cards, and if it's not working on online games come to think of what I care about the same place that I actually made it, I think that topic has been asked what the hell kind of tried to address this issue.

There was this incredible variety, and adding 25 with Intrigue doubles your number of possible sets of 10. If it is time for a Dominion spin-off. A Dominion spin-off at this desk and get them in a 3p game.

Were Mint(e)/Mine(t) designed just to mess with us?

My plan is that really. Again if there were way off, and sometimes there is a good time, there's that even. And publishing it is typical of an issue though, except at extremes, and not just use one card from your hand and wonder if you were leaking new expansion is at the bottom and choose to do much - you draft your starting hand, or perhaps what you've heard, do you think it's a way to take a powerful card and wipe it out and do not have Dominion in one of 8 face up cards. Those are both reasonable openings sometimes.

I don't drink alcohol. I've had to give anything away about unreleased sets. If you need more Provinces and so was the only times it's come up with that type? It's ambiguous. I don't know when to discard them, and draw cards and how often you can because it's a blatant red key / red door game. Crush Crumble & Chomp had a Wii. I think the reason not to have issues.

You see this game as good as you do more things, to make a set with people, I just finished something and that's probably too much.

The thing is, if I had known which way people were playing Dominion with the Adventures cards more different and less complex.

Squire is a combo with one or whatever later situation. The hardest decisions tend to be fair Super Mario 3D World.

If you went for it, surely Jay would be fine, and you aren't increasing options much anymore because cards displace other cards directly was an unpopular setting so they are going to vary depending on the list that WotC uses for Magic?

Lots of ways. When I'm making spin-offs, isn't that enough?

What color is the only game that I will have to be ruined.

Go
$0*
Treasure
Worth $2

In games using ten from that other people ran the house. You already have 19. However for most games. So, when it comes up so much as a format, so they protect from IGG's and Noble Brigand, and why would Jay put up when that action with just two sets, then half your cards are worth buying at some cards. And I go back and forth as I type up the original cards...just completely upside down!!)

I don't understand this comparison. Why would it be?

Well Jay originally did not want to be a small set. A few are jokes, but not confusing jokes.

Let us avoid a pointless infinite loop. Also, allowing pointless infinite loops removes possibility of doing sufficiently simple things. And otherwise it was clearly released, but maybe there aren't any. When the game harsh, but after reading it, I said okay, and then not do much for the Galaxy etc.) and Wei-Hwa Huang (upcoming Roll for the Action again." This is also some kind of reaction for a recently-supported tribe.

* Mana Screw *

Mark's stance is that creating good cards IS difficult. There are a lot of basic things you can just keep making cards, they build them. So it's not like it comes up but if it's not like you want Dominion Online Formerly Known as Goko?

Why does Spy cost $4? Were Spy/Spy openings just too annoying for you

That wouldn't have either if I wanted to make it really on-theme. I mean I type up the secret histories ("this card never changed" and "this card won't work out," that obv. will only be... a bunch of homemade Magic expansions, and now they're both gone" and "My card sits there killing stuff of yours where you get fun swings. I like to though.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2015, 02:00:52 am »
+2

The crazy thing is, you can totally tell that's Donald speaking.  Did you have to grab all of his posts yourself, or is there an easy way to do this with someone else?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

rspeer

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2015, 03:01:32 am »

I opened the "Interview with Donald X." page in "All" mode, saved it, then used BeautifulSoup to extract all the divs that were the appropriate sibling of a node whose text was "Donald X". After some trial and error, here's the Python code I used:

Code: [Select]
soup = bs4.BeautifulSoup(open('interview-all.html', encoding='latin-1'))
links = soup.findAll('a', text="Donald X.")
def find_content(link):
    return link.parent.parent.next_sibling.next_sibling.find(class_='inner')
content = '\n\n'.join(str(find_content(link)) for link in links)
with open("interview-donald-x.html", 'w') as out:
    print(content, file=out)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2015, 09:45:20 am »
+7

Particular gold:

Were Mint(e)/Mine(t) designed just to mess with us?

My plan is that really.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2015, 11:26:24 am »
+4

Also

Well Jay originally did not want to be a small set.

Donald sure showed him!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2015, 11:30:24 am »
+3

My favorite is
It's nice when you're no longer enjoy as much.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2015, 11:32:53 am »
+11

I like

I don't drink alcohol. I've had to give anything away about unreleased sets

too, because it sounds like he had to give up alcohol because he was drinking too much and leaking info about unreleased sets. 

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2015, 11:36:57 am »
+1

I like

I don't drink alcohol. I've had to give anything away about unreleased sets

too, because it sounds like he had to give up alcohol because he was drinking too much and leaking info about unreleased sets.

DONALD LEAKED DARK AGES
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2015, 10:22:44 pm »
+3

You know, for a while I considered posting in this thread and whining and saying it should be moved to the Variants subforum. I'm glad I didn't make that post :)
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2015, 12:19:45 pm »
+2

The crazy thing is, you can totally tell that's Donald speaking.  Did you have to grab all of his posts yourself, or is there an easy way to do this with someone else?
Me, me, do me.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2015, 12:26:56 pm »

Me, me, do me.

You know exactly where this post is going to go.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

rspeer

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2015, 10:33:29 pm »
+23

So I finally got char-rnn working, guided by advice from /r/Flamewanker (a subreddit about generating Hearthstone cards using an RNN). It turns out that the fact that there's only a couple hundred cards is kind of okay.

This allows me to train a neural net that kind of understands the structure of a Dominion card, has a memory longer than two words, generates the card names, costs, and types, and blatantly makes up words in the card text sometimes. This is awesome.

I'm still retraining and tweaking parameters, but here are some results so far. I kept the neural net size at the default, varied the temperature between 0.5 and 0.7, and let it train for a few hundred epochs (that's not long because there's not much text). The input file I used is here: https://gist.github.com/rspeer/6d6fbb2622fdcfed9000

Darsars
$0, Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
Put this on mot

Sooter
$4, Action - Attack

+2 Actions, +$1
Discard a card from your hand. If you do, gain a card costing up to $2.

Sit Virlage
$5, Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy
+1 Card
+1 Action
Each other player discards the top card of his deck, trashes one of them costing from $3 to $6, and discards the rest.

Bellint
$3, Action

Trash a card from your hand. If you do, gain a Putmin from your hand. If you do, +3 Cards, +1 Card.

Slonkan
$5, Event

+1 Card
+1 Action
Put this on your hand.

Pare
$6, Action

Draw until you have.

Ribice
$5, Action

Choose one: +2 Cards.

Slatite
$4, Action

+2 Actions
Dost the top 4 cards of your deck. Discard the Supply.

Slaver
$4, Action

+1 Action, +1 Buy
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Each other player gains a copy of his deck.

Erald
$6, Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
Name a card from your hand.
---
When you gain this, gain a Spoils from your hand. If you do, gain a Gold.

Olrost
$4, Action - Attack

Each other player gains a card costing less than it, and discards the other revealed cards.

Sinred
$6, Treasure

$1
When you play this, gain a Gold.

Counting Cirs
$5, Action

+1 Card
+2 Actions
Trash a card from your hand. Each other player reveals the top 2 cards of his deck.

Mantor
$5, Action

+1 Card, +1 Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. Gain a Copber card, put it in your hand. Trash the trashed card into your hand. If you do, gain a card costing up to $3.
---
When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a choose.

Mashtare Village
$5, Action

+2 Cards
+2 Actions
Put the other cards back on art of the Sloppins.

Gimd
$3, Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
Each other player plays an Attack card from your hand. If you do, gain a Silver card.
---
When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Triasure.

Paryonr
$5, Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
Each blayer (including you) reveals the top card of his deck, trashes one of them costing from $1 to $6, and discards the rest. If a Knight is trashed by this, trash this card.

Dunteme
$5, Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
Reveal the top card of your deck. Put the rest and nom the trashed card, or he gains a Victory card costing up to $3.

Siradr
$5, Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Action

You may play an Action card from your hand and discard the rest. You may play an Action card from your hand and butt the rest.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2015, 10:53:05 pm »
+1

Siradr
$5, Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Action

You may play an Action card from your hand and discard the rest. You may play an Action card from your hand and butt the rest.

This is way too awesome.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2015, 11:47:04 pm »
+4

Slonkan
$5, Event

+1 Card
+1 Action
Put this on your hand.

Seems familiar...

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2015, 11:50:26 pm »
+14

Pare
$6, Action

Draw until you have.

Ribice
$5, Action

Choose one: +2 Cards.

Dominion: Koan edition
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2015, 12:25:09 am »
+3

Dunteme
$5, Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
Reveal the top card of your deck. Put the rest and nom the trashed card, or he gains a Victory card costing up to $3.
This card better be made of edible paper.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2015, 12:29:00 am »

Sinred
$6, Treasure

$1

Here's the one worth a second look this time. Possibly too similar to Treasure Trove?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2015, 12:55:45 am »
+3

Sinred
$6, Treasure

$1

Here's the one worth a second look this time. Possibly too similar to Treasure Trove?

Counting Cirs is pretty good too. Making the opponents reveal cards feels a little disconnected from the rest of the card, but a village trasher for $5 with a marginal bonus seems reasonable otherwise.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2015, 01:08:07 am »

Sinred
$6, Treasure

$1

Counting Cirs is pretty good too. Making the opponents reveal cards feels a little disconnected from the rest of the card, but a village trasher for $5 with a marginal bonus seems reasonable otherwise.

(It's pretty marginal as a bonus. It's as likely to power up everyone else's Wishing Wells and Mystics as it is to help you decide whether to use your Knight.)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2015, 01:17:19 am »

(It's pretty marginal as a bonus. It's as likely to power up everyone else's Wishing Wells and Mystics as it is to help you decide whether to use your Knight.)

In PPR situations, it helps you more than your opponent, though.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2015, 01:30:07 am »

Sinred
$6, Treasure

$1

The post you quoted seems to have nothing to do with your post. 

rspeer

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2015, 02:12:27 am »
+17

The model I was training started to converge on producing nothing but (a) overpowered and redundant vanilla cards, and (b) Knights. I changed the input so that there were 10 copies of every card, and one of each Knight, so that it wouldn't fixate so much on the Knights. Now it's outputting cards that sound almost plausible.

Here's a few wonderfully effective cards it came up with:

Herat
$4, Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. Gain a copy of it.
---
When you buy this, you may exchange it for a Silver.

Scapt
$3, Action

+2 Cards
Each other player gains a Curse card, putting it in your hand.

Foorpile
$3, Action

You may reveal a Treasure card from your hand face down. At the start of your next turn, put it into your hand.

And now I'm running a megabyte of its output through a script that formats it into card descriptions like this, so shortly you can mint it for half-baked card ideas.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2015, 02:33:32 am »
+1

Here's the one worth a second look this time.
The post you quoted seems to have nothing to do with your post.

Does it make more sense now?

rspeer

• Witch
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 20 queries.