Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Simulations I'd like to see  (Read 1613 times)

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
Simulations I'd like to see
« on: January 03, 2012, 02:19:31 pm »
+1

(It's so nice to be the one requesting, rather than providing data :) ).

Following WW's Silk Roads article.  How do Silk Road combos compare to Gardens combos?  Not Gardens vs Silk Roads, but (Gardens/X vs Y) vs (Silk Road/X vs Y).  Maybe Y is Smithy/money, or maybe witch/money.  Maybe X is iron works, baron, workshop, etc.

Tunnel/Warehouse?  How do you do it?  When I play this, I tend to open warehouse/warehouse, figuring I am somewhat likely to be able to get a 3rd turn tunnel, and then I've got plenty of warehouses to discard the tunnel with.  But most players open Warehouse/tunnel.

rod-

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
Re: Simulations I'd like to see
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 02:58:03 pm »
+1

Naively, a warehouse/tunnel opening is going to get a gold on t3-4 in 2/3 of cases, plus or minus a few percent in the edge cases around warehouse-caused reshuffles.  It will also be more able to get >4 tunnels in a head-to-head matchup with warehouse+warehouse.

I'd still be interested in seeing sims, so maybe i'll give it a go.  (As it turns out, GMOO's new version is unusable in OSX due to various interface issues - i'd been running a pre-hinterlands version - so I suppose I'll be learning dominate today)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:12:31 pm by rod- »

rod-

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 05:12:56 pm »
+1

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 06:11:57 pm »
+1

Warehouse/tunnel seems to be a really risky opening since the warehouse can spark shuffles that separate it from the tunnel for long enough to lose the game. The simulator would probably need unique card play rules to resolve this properly.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.