Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Interesting Adventures Board  (Read 1435 times)

svenisntb

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Interesting Adventures Board
« on: May 30, 2015, 03:42:48 pm »
+4

Board was Provinces/Estates, Cellar, Crossroads, Peasant, Trade Route, Miser, Duplicate, Raid, Storyteller, Counting House, Wine Merchant, Inheritance, Expand.

Goko Salvager is down right now, I'll try to get the kingdom pictured a bit later.

We probably sat for a good 5 minutes trying to figure out which way we wanted to go here. Peasant (Teacher) takes quite a while, but is always going to be strong eventually. Inheritance definitely has some targets. Miser/Trade Route are the only trashing.

My friend got a 5-2 and opened Wine Merchant/Crossroad. He was trying to hit an early 7 to inhert his Estates as Crossroads for big draw/self-synergy. I opened Peasant/Silver. I wanted to cyle quickly for my Traveller, but I didn't want to do it with cellars, my plan was to get up to Storytellers so that there would actually be good stuff in my deck by the time I got Teacher.

My friend got quite unlucky, his first shuffled he added a Storyteller and a Silver, but he could not get to 7. By the 3rd shuffle he started buying Estates, believing that he was far enough behind that he had to play to get lucky. He ended up not getting to Inheritance until 2 turns before the end of the game.

After my Peasant missed the shuffle, I had realtively good shuffle luck for the remainder of the game. Using Storytellers to cycle worked out really well. I was able to add a Gold and a couple silvers without them slowing me down, in fact, they usually sped me up. Right around the time I got to Disciple I inherited my Estates as Duplicates and then started buying Misers as payload. I used Teacher to +1 Action Misers and it was game over. I was getting $30+ a turn, easily drawing the deck by playing Miser/Storyteller. Picked up 3 Wine Merchants for buys (on 1 turn thanks to my Duplicates/Estates) and got all 8 Provinces in a couple turns.

Long story short, I think Adventures is a great expansion. Rather than a few shiny new cards, there are several cards that make you think in really new ways.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 03:51:34 pm by svenisntb »
I learned everything I know watching Wandering Winder on Youtube. This is not a joke.

KMueller

• Baron
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Adventures Board
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 09:57:09 am »

Quick question which is probably obvious, but I wanted to make sure.

When you use Inheritance and Crossroads together, the Estates are still victory cards for the Crossroads draw, in addition to being the action card they now represent?

The printed rules didn't really clarify, but it seems like they should be both.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Adventures Board
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 10:04:21 am »

Quick question which is probably obvious, but I wanted to make sure.

When you use Inheritance and Crossroads together, the Estates are still victory cards for the Crossroads draw, in addition to being the action card they now represent?

The printed rules didn't really clarify, but it seems like they should be both.

Yes.
Join the Dominion League!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.