Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Apprentice/Coppersith/Treasure Map  (Read 1673 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Apprentice/Coppersith/Treasure Map
« on: May 28, 2015, 12:52:05 am »

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150527/log.53ddf71fe4b09f0d8fe135bc.1432787473274.txt

Code: [Select]
Secret Chamber, Bridge, Coppersmith, Feast, Treasure Map, Apprentice, Band of Misfits, Festival, Mine, Rabble
I for sure biffed the opening, but I think I had a good enough plan that was crazy enough to work if I could connect. I was behind, and when you're behind, taking reasonable risks is a good play. My plan was to use Coppersmith as my payload, trash Golds/Silvers to my Apprentice (and later Colonies if needed, but this was not meant to be), and use Treasure Map to get more Golds to burn. It was all dependent on Treasure Map connecting quickly enough, which I fortunately got since I was drawing just about my whole deck, and I went off in time, because Ela had a 4 Colony Turn next up, and then she bought all the Estates too, which may have been right, but it wasn't even close to enough in the end, as I simply used my new Golds to draw everything.

One thing I do regret is not grabbing more Festivals, and buying Rabble may have been a mistake as well, though it could have been Apprentice food later on admittedly.

Secret Chamber is bad here until the end game, and by then, the game's going by so fast, it's pointless to pick up. Mine is a possible important consideration to upgrade to Platinum, but it's slow in a fast game, not to mention I felt confident enough in my bridge/coppersmith play to seize the day, and besides the Golds were food.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:54:51 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentice/Coppersith/Treasure Map
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 01:03:44 am »
+2

You know there's a Game Reports subforum, right?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 01:05:07 am »

Direct me to this. I always felt posting these here was wrong.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 01:43:27 am »

Direct me to this. I always felt posting these here was wrong.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?board=2.0

It's not hidden or anything.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 04:06:55 am »
+4

Didn't Ela have the win though on her last turn? She played 4 Bridges, 7 Festivals, 2 Platina, netting 12 buys, 28$, and everything worth $4 less. By my count, at this point the Festival pile is empty, and Apprentice and Bridge each down to 4. Seprix is ahead by 30 points. Buy 3 Colonies for $7 each ($21), four Apprentices for $1 each ($4) and 4 Bridges for $0. 1 buy left, get a Duchy for $1, and win.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 10:19:49 am »

Didn't Ela have the win though on her last turn? She played 4 Bridges, 7 Festivals, 2 Platina, netting 12 buys, 28$, and everything worth $4 less. By my count, at this point the Festival pile is empty, and Apprentice and Bridge each down to 4. Seprix is ahead by 30 points. Buy 3 Colonies for $7 each ($21), four Apprentices for $1 each ($4) and 4 Bridges for $0. 1 buy left, get a Duchy for $1, and win.

Well, her fault. I'll take a free win. But it's very important to secure wins and forced wins.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.801 seconds with 21 queries.