Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Prince/Bishop - a nice combo  (Read 1365 times)

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Prince/Bishop - a nice combo
« on: May 23, 2015, 01:08:57 pm »
+6

Code: [Select]
Storeroom, Warehouse, Armory, Bishop, Festival, Laboratory, Rogue, Wharf, Altar, Prince
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150523/log.540b8bcee4b06be045d24ce1.1432398243658.txt

This was one of those games where I played engine and my opponent didn't, so I cruised to an easy victory. In that sense, it wasn't all that exciting. Still, I enjoyed this one; I got to use an engine payload that I've never seen before.

My opponent just went Laboratory-BM, with an Altar to gain more Laboratories. He got a huge lead on me, so it was tough to stay patient and keep building my engine. But I managed to control myself. Festival/Wharf/Warehouse (with a couple Laboratories on the side) made it easy for me to draw my whole deck. And I brought a couple of Rogues along, to gut my opponent's deck.

But how to come back from my opponent's big lead? No need to race for Duchies and such, because Bishop was on the board. I bought one Bishop at the beginning; when my engine was basically complete, I bought a second Bishop and two Princes. Then, on each turn, I used the Bishops to trash the Princes, and then I bought two more Princes at the end of the turn. I kept this cycle going until I was close enough to win by draining the Provinces.

Yes, Prince/Bishop is a pretty nice combo.

What, you didn't think I Princed a Bishop, did you? :P

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
Re: Prince/Bishop - a nice combo
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 05:54:14 am »

So you just used members of Royal Family as 8 dollar confusions?
Such a blasphemy!

swedenman

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
Re: Prince/Bishop - a nice combo
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 05:50:11 pm »

My opponent just went Laboratory-BM, with an Altar to gain more Laboratories.

Lol
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.