Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Don't Use Pathfinding on Knights  (Read 14160 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Use Pathfinding on Knights
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2015, 12:36:35 pm »

Ok, but it's not that hard to think of boards where the best way to get multiple Goons into play consistently is Pathfinding on Tactician with KC-Tactician (or TR-Tactician).
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2015, 12:41:28 pm »

Ok, but it's not that hard to think of boards where the best way to get multiple Goons into play consistently is Pathfinding on Tactician with KC-Tactician (or TR-Tactician).

It's not hard to think of them, but you'll probably never see one in full random. It's already extremely rare to see three specific cards in a kingdom in full random, and then we still need a specific event and some extra conditions that need to be true.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

nate_w

• Navigator
  • Respect: +115
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2015, 02:32:23 pm »

It's not hard to think of them, but you'll probably never see one in full random. It's already extremely rare to see three specific cards in a kingdom in full random, and then we still need a specific event and some extra conditions that need to be true.

I'm mildly drunk on a European vacation right now (thank god I'm missing the MF online dominion drama), and so maybe I missed a point you made. And I don't really know or understand the adventures cards/events, so I am talking outside of my comfort zone here. But isn't the combo being discussed here significantly more likely than you make it seem?

You need tactician and path finding on the same board, with one of: procession, throne room, KC, or any othe adventure cards I haven't played with that have similar effect and you essentially are starting each hand with 15-20 cards and 3-4 actions/buys. Because you can play tactician multiple times for multiple effect if you draw a card first, right?  This seems both pretty sweet and not unbelievably improbable?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2015, 02:53:01 pm »

I'm mildly drunk on a European vacation right now (thank god I'm missing the MF online dominion drama), and so maybe I missed a point you made. And I don't really know or understand the adventures cards/events, so I am talking outside of my comfort zone here. But isn't the combo being discussed here significantly more likely than you make it seem?

You need tactician and path finding on the same board, with one of: procession, throne room, KC, or any othe adventure cards I haven't played with that have similar effect and you essentially are starting each hand with 15-20 cards and 3-4 actions/buys. Because you can play tactician multiple times for multiple effect if you draw a card first, right?  This seems both pretty sweet and not unbelievably improbable?

Boards where the best way to get multiple Goons into play consistently is Pathfinding on Tactician with KC-Tactician requires Goons, Pathfinding, Tactician and KC. It's not unbelievably improbable, but KC, Tactician and Goons on the same board is already something you'd expect to see maybe every 1500 games or so.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

nate_w

• Navigator
  • Respect: +115
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2015, 03:50:58 pm »
+1

Right, sorry. Again this bottle of wine is quite helping my mood but perhaps not my communication skills. 

Yes, I agree that pathfinding/tact/goons/throne room variant is not common enough to discuss. I was trying to step back one card (as this topic was focusing on pathfinding, and the sub thread was focused on tact+Pathfinding) and suggest that pathfinding on tactician could be interesting in the presence of a throne room variant in a number of settings, goons being one of many. 

My only point was supposed to be that pathfinding allows tactician to fire multiple times (I think?) in the presence of pathfinding, and so throne room variants, which usually do nothing to tact, appear to me to work. Well that just seems fun!

Sorry if I miscommunicated earlier, gov.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:52:32 pm by nate_w »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.