Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Go away, StuBot!  (Read 2311 times)

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
Go away, StuBot!
« on: May 18, 2015, 01:04:04 pm »
+1

So we had a few occasions where the bot edited something that it shouldn't, mostly it was transforming
[[$Card]] to {{Card|Card}}.

I excluded some generic cases where this is not a good idea, like in <gallery> and in infoboxes, but I think it is a good idea to think about having something in the code that prevents the bot from editing something that it usually would.  Last time we had some [[Chancellor]] in the beginning of the article that wero didn't like to get transformed. Usually I track what the bot edits, and if it looks suspicious I look up the history to see if someone doesn't want the edit. But this doesn't really work well, because if someone will edit the same page somewhere else, the bot will revisit and this time the last edit does not say: "Go away!".

Anyway, there is an --exceptinside:regex option, which I already use a lot, which could be used by this.  I think we could use something like a <noBot> tag for this.  This would just be exceptinside:<noBot>[^<]*<\/noBot>. But new tags does not seem to be easily implemented if I understand the documentation correctly.  One could use comments to emulate tags, but that gets super ugly. Any other ideas?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Go away, StuBot!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 04:41:34 pm »

Is there any way to tell the bot not to change it if a) It's the first link on the page and b) it doesn't have to go through an infobox first?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
Re: Go away, StuBot!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 01:19:05 pm »

Is there any way to tell the bot not to change it if a) It's the first link on the page and b) it doesn't have to go through an infobox first?

I'm not the expert in regexes, but I don't think there is a token for "beginning of document" in regular expressions.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.