Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Season 8 - Game Reports & Discussion  (Read 12364 times)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
Re: Season 8 - Game Reports & Discussion
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 03:20:58 am »

The series is incomplete, but this game must be shared. It's very silly and I have no idea who played it better.

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150611/log.50a43f07e4b0addfc4f4304a.1434072684070.txt

Code: [Select]
Poor House, Cellar, Herbalist, University, Smugglers, Horse Traders, Nomad Camp, Scout, Young Witch, Golem, Rabble
Bane: Smugglers

liopoil won on a 3 pile of Cellar, Rabble, Scout. Additionally Scout wasn't emptied as an action pile to empty with University, it was emptied because we both realized Scout was a worthwhile pickup.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:22:59 am by Titandrake »
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 03:29:47 am »

I would get 2 Young Witches before even considering Rabble. Moving the Curse pile into your opponent's deck is great (and Smugglers is a terrible bane here), and what are you even really looking to draw with Rabble anyway? Rabble's attack also becomes a lot stronger once your opponent has a bunch of Curses.

tufftaeh

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: tufftaeh
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 09:26:29 pm »

The E5 match between shraeye and myself is now complete.

Game 1: Log / Video+Commentary
Squire, Stonemason, Vagrant, Market Square, Masquerade, Scheme, Caravan, Band of Misfits, Festival, PossessionI'm afraid Masquerade should be too fast here so that it doesn't matter how dangerous it is in a Possession game. I'm quickly behind but get my Possession at the first chance and have very lucky Possession turns later, passing myself two Provinces.

Game 2: Log / Video+Commentary
Great Hall, Storeroom, JackOfAllTrades, Navigator, Salvager, Catacombs, Jester, Market, Outpost, TreasuryDouble Jack beats Double Jester.

Game 3: Log / Video+Commentary
Squire, Ambassador, Masquerade, Bridge, Ironworks, Silk Road, Upgrade, Adventurer, Border Village, Hunting GroundsPossibly the most interesting game of the match. Due to a misclick in the turn before I can pile out in a convenient moment.

Game 4: Log / Video+Commentary
Lighthouse, Develop, Sage, Envoy, Feodum, Apprentice, Counting House, Hunting Party, Mystic, King's CourtDue to the missing +Buy I decide to go Envoy-BM but in hindsight KC seems to be better. Had shraeye kept his Develop for extra gains, he would have won, I think.

Game that wasn't: (no Log) Video+Commentary
Apothecary, Doctor, Alchemist, Familiar, Ironmonger, Navigator, Trader, Explorer, Minion, FarmlandI win the Minion split but my deck is not as thin. Then the connection breaks down and we have to postpone.

Game 5: Log (no Video)
Chapel, Scrying Pool, Pirate Ship, Ghost Ship, Haggler, Minion, Stables, Torturer, Border Village, BankStupidly I don't buy Chapel with my 5-2 start (hoping for a better chance on 6 in t3/t4) and for the remainder of the game, I pay for this.

Game 6: Log (no Video)
Forager, Swindler, Philosopher's Stone, Death Cart, Feodum, Baker, Embassy, Graverobber, Haggler, MinionAfter an identical start (Forager/Minion), shraeye is soon far ahead, but a very lucky Swindler kills two Minions and so I have a nice comeback.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2015, 11:59:45 am »

The E5 match between shraeye and myself is now complete.

Game 1: Log / Video+Commentary
Squire, Stonemason, Vagrant, Market Square, Masquerade, Scheme, Caravan, Band of Misfits, Festival, PossessionI'm afraid Masquerade should be too fast here so that it doesn't matter how dangerous it is in a Possession game. I'm quickly behind but get my Possession at the first chance and have very lucky Possession turns later, passing myself two Provinces.
Masquerade helps me in the beginning game, but is super dangerous when possession is out.  I
don't realize this quickly enough, maybe it would still be a safe/smart opening if I then
Stonemason it away and pick up two Vagrants or something.  Ummmm, possession...is just a card
I don't like playing with.  I never buy it successfully and frequently avoid it dumbly.

Game 2: Log / Video+Commentary
Great Hall, Storeroom, JackOfAllTrades, Navigator, Salvager, Catacombs, Jester, Market, Outpost, TreasuryDouble Jack beats Double Jester.
I don't remember what happened.  Oh yeah.  I discovered that double-Jester doesn't beat
double-Jack.

Game 3: Log / Video+Commentary
Squire, Ambassador, Masquerade, Bridge, Ironworks, Silk Road, Upgrade, Adventurer, Border Village, Hunting GroundsPossibly the most interesting game of the match. Due to a misclick in the turn before I can pile out in a convenient moment.
I'm trying for some sort of silk roads + bridge buyout thing.  I'm not sure if I am focused enough.
I frequently don't trash copper, when I think i should have to be thin.  However, it's nice to have
copper in hand when tuffteah plays Masquerades every turn.  So who knows.  Probably good players do.

Game 4: Log / Video+Commentary
Lighthouse, Develop, Sage, Envoy, Feodum, Apprentice, Counting House, Hunting Party, Mystic, King's CourtDue to the missing +Buy I decide to go Envoy-BM but in hindsight KC seems to be better. Had shraeye kept his Develop for extra gains, he would have won, I think.
Trying to be clever.  Feodum/Develop dream doesn't work, King's court gets me a bunch of cards,
but no +Buy makes that not so cool.  Beaten by Envoy + BM.
So that's two games trying to be too clever.  Was I onto any good idea? Was it just poorly executed?

Game that wasn't: (no Log) Video+Commentary
Apothecary, Doctor, Alchemist, Familiar, Ironmonger, Navigator, Trader, Explorer, Minion, FarmlandI win the Minion split but my deck is not as thin. Then the connection breaks down and we have to postpone.
I decide to get on the minions and ignore familiar.  Then tuffteah shows that he opened 5/2.
So I race him as best I can on the minions, but it ends up 4-6 in his favor.  I picked up a few Ironmongers
along the way though.  Right when we are about to see who wins, connection is lost :(

Added some of my thoughts in red

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 04:56:35 am »

My match against Jimmmmm

Sorry for the awful video quality.
The match had a game where Jim obliterated me with Gardens, and one game where I did the same to him using Vineyards, other games were more or less coin flip.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 04:36:56 pm »

My match vs. Jean-Michel:

MarkowKette

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2015, 11:24:30 am »

Game 1 you had so much money in your deck and a lot of platina, you should have just taken any chance to apprentice platinum in order to get multiple buy turns with your candlestick makers. Having 2 apprentices instead of 1 was your only advantage and it is a big one.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2015, 02:51:00 pm »
+1

My match vs. Eevee:

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2015, 08:19:59 am »
+1

My match vs. Eevee:

In game 1 T13 you discarded Eevees Province but still didn't play any more tournaments :)
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2015, 01:44:12 pm »

assemble_me vs Simon (DK)

http://www.twitch.tv/assemble_me/c/6854112

Game 1:
At the beginning of the video, you can see what happens when Goko has a black out ;)
Not an exciting board. He opens Remodel/Silver while I go Bandit Camp and choose Baron and later an Explorer as my terminals. He can remodel his Estates into Ironmongers and can also remodel Gold into Province once, though it's the only Gold he's buying throughout the game. I liked my Baron despite remodeling into Ironmongers. I don't like his Baron when he had no Estates left.

Game 2:
A Goons board and I open Silver/Smugglers, which seems awful in hindsight. I'm having troubles to hit 6$ and also can't really take advantage of my Smugglers. I keep wondering if Hunting Party is better than Journeyman, but as he has that many Villages and Sages for sifting, it's going pretty well for him. The chat said that Journeyman is just the better kind of draw here.

Game 3:
Crazy, crazy engine here. Every single decision in this game seems hard. We both open Silver/Remake. I decide to pick up a potion on the way, but as the Governor split seems so important, I'm only getting one Scrying Pool. He's skipping Potion entirely. I'm a bit worried by his Bishop, but he has to trash it before taking a lot of advantage of it. I misplay my turn 12 and the game ends with a tight finish.
The chat had many suggestions on this one. Opening Potion/Masq was one thing and maybe that would have been better but I have no clue about it. Also, they thought I should have gone harder for Throne Rooms, like I could have opponent-Governor-remodeled a Wishing Well into a Throne Room, also they thought I should have bought a Throne Room instead of a Worker's Village. Besides, they think I should have taken Sir Michael when he was on top to play it right away, which would have been huge after drawing with Governor and I really should have considered that.
One thing I also wanted to mention is that I think Dame Natalie was really great here.
Overall, this was my most exciting game this season and probably one of my most exciting games ever. I guess I made a few mistakes but altogether I'm happy how I played this.

Game 4:
I'm opening Silver/Forager to have a chance on an early Highway while he opens Forager/Forager. I'm getting a third Forager and we both add Market Squares. Hitting it exactly, I'm taking one Advisor when I can almost get through my deck. I think he's getting way to many Golds, like maybe his first Gold is okay for some economy as he has no Silver, but the second seems really questionable and the rest seem plain bad to me. His Golds gum up his deck while I can find my way through.

Game 5:
Fishing Village/Border Village/Wharf engine with Workshops and Monuments, though there's no trashing. We're both opening Fishing Village/Monument to get Workshop on a <5$ hand after the shuffle. He's getting a lot of Monuments early while I can get more Border Villages and Wharves, which is a huge deal.
Despite having less Monuments for a long time, the chat thought I picked up too many early on. They thought I should have gotten Courtyards instead. Also, getting a Courtyard on turn 5 might have been good for me.

Game 6:
A King's Court/Bridge board. We're both going for Urchins first but it seems he's never colliding them first, then I'm hitting a lucky 7$ for KC which also is almost not happening for him. The chat freaks out for me not playing KC-Farming Village to draw. Though, it doesn't matter as my luck just took me miles and miles ahead.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:59:36 pm by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2015, 01:39:14 pm »

My match vs. Heisenberg:

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.