Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Warrior + Tunnel  (Read 10088 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
Re: Warrior + Tunnel
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 01:12:04 pm »
+2

Is now the time to reference the old chess joke? WKc1, Qe5, Ra1; BKd3, Pc4: White to play and mate in half a move.
Move the rook to d1, completing the castle!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 01:40:17 pm »

Is now the time to reference the old chess joke? WKc1, Qe5, Ra1; BKd3, Pc4: White to play and mate in half a move.

Still don't get it. I know Chess quite well, but I'm not familiar with the notation being used for the moves here, or the joke itself.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 01:42:01 pm »
+1

Still don't get it. I know Chess quite well, but I'm not familiar with the notation being used for the moves here, or the joke itself.
The moves he wrote are just the locations of the pieces; first the white ones, then the black ones.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2015, 01:43:38 pm »

The moves he wrote are just the locations of the pieces; first the white ones, then the black ones.

Ah I see! I was expecting them to be moves, not locations of a setup; and I didn't get that the initial "W" meant it was showing the white pieces. Is this a common notation for describing a board position?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 02:06:55 pm »

Ah I see! I was expecting them to be moves, not locations of a setup; and I didn't get that the initial "W" meant it was showing the white pieces. Is this a common notation for describing a board position?
I'm not sure. I thought they were moves at first too.

mith

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: mith
  • Respect: +778
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2015, 05:37:58 pm »
+1

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.577 seconds with 20 queries.