Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: adventurer and scout both good?  (Read 2259 times)

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
adventurer and scout both good?
« on: May 08, 2015, 04:19:19 pm »

http://dominionlogs.goko.com/20150507/log.516d4542e4b082c74d7b70a8.1431035320559.txt

Code: [Select]
Crossroads, University, Warehouse, Scout, Spice Merchant, Thief, Mystic, Adventurer, Hoard, Possession, Colonymaybe we both played awfully, but I really envied his adventurer...
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
Re: adventurer and scout both good?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 04:24:49 pm »
+1

I don't really think either is good, but especially not the Adventurer. You MIGHT pick up a Scout, because the re-ordering could help Mystics. I think you want a lot of Mystics, and you want to gain them from Universities. I would open Potion/Warehouse, pick up a Spice Merchant ASAP, and aim to eventually play multi-Possessions.

This isn't the greatest plan, if only because your draw is limited, but you can trash well enough so I'd still say it's got to be better than just kinda playing a BM-ish deck... especially because I suppose you can make Thief relevant if your opponent tries to do that.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 04:25:18 pm »

Interesting Kingdom though, and I'm not 100% sure I'm right.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 12:19:18 am »

There is a synergy between Scout, Crossroads, and Mystic; I have no idea if it will work.

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 12:23:53 am »

Adventurer big money scores much better than what you did: 72 points in 19 turns. I think this is a good board for Adventurer. The only question is how much Thief/Possession hurts this.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 12:58:07 am »
+1

lol it worked! http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20150508/log.516d4fd3e4b082c74d7b96c1.1431147313127.txt

Solitaire, but maybe you can throw a Possession or two in there. That can definitely kill Adventurer-BM.

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1728
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 08:57:30 am »

I don't really think either is good, but especially not the Adventurer. You MIGHT pick up a Scout, because the re-ordering could help Mystics. I think you want a lot of Mystics, and you want to gain them from Universities. I would open Potion/Warehouse, pick up a Spice Merchant ASAP, and aim to eventually play multi-Possessions.

This isn't the greatest plan, if only because your draw is limited, but you can trash well enough so I'd still say it's got to be better than just kinda playing a BM-ish deck... especially because I suppose you can make Thief relevant if your opponent tries to do that.

I would agree, if it weren't for the terrible draw.  The only draw that can actually increase your hand size is Crossroads+green, which isn't all that reliable.  Yes, multi-Mystic turns would be great, but even in best case scenario they don't actually increase your had size beyond 5 cards.  Possession, Thief, Warehouse, Scout, University -- they all reduce your hand size.  So an enginey multi-Possession-per-turn deck seems pretty optimistic here.

Regardless of the strategy (engine multi-Possession or BM-Hoard), you want a Spice Merchant.  So I'd probably open Spice Merchant - Warehouse.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.