Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: The Best Kingdom Ever  (Read 14576 times)

Rubby

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +324
    • View Profile
The Best Kingdom Ever
« on: May 08, 2015, 11:14:01 am »
+12

What would you do in this kingdom?

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
Re: The Best Kingdom Ever
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 11:16:43 am »
+18

I would open silver/silver then proceed to get more silvers and golds then eventually turn to provinces. I wouldn't be happy about it though.

zporiri

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: zporiri
  • Go, and do likewise.
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 11:18:57 am »

hilarious kingdom haha
Go, and do likewise.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 11:35:55 am »

Get Golems to help cycle your deck faster.  The best thing is that you can't even Prince Golem, so even that isn't a trick.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 11:46:37 am »
+8

This reminds me of people that brag about how great they are, but in reality can't do anything on their own...
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

swedenman

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 10:04:26 pm »
+5

I would open silver/silver then proceed to get more silvers and golds then eventually turn to provinces. I wouldn't be happy about it though.

I would be. Building engines is stressful.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 11:10:04 pm »
+3

I have been upset with how people have used their free speech because
1.) They had a belief I didn't agree with me.
2.) They insulted me.
3.) They used coarse language.
4.) They were deceitful.
5.) I thought they were stupid.
6.) They were impolite to me.

Somehow I can't fit OP into any of these categories, but I want to whine to theory to ban OP from the forums or quit the forums over this thread.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 11:50:58 pm »

I have been upset with how people have used their free speech because
1.) They had a belief I didn't agree with me.
2.) They insulted me.
3.) They used coarse language.
4.) They were deceitful.
5.) I thought they were stupid.
6.) They were impolite to me.

Somehow I can't fit OP into any of these categories, but I want to whine to theory to ban OP from the forums or quit the forums over this thread.

Big Money is oppressive. :)
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 11:54:00 pm »
+4

This reminds me of this amazing Kingdom i wanted to try one time.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:56:29 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 12:05:52 am »

Unless you have 100 Scouts, that game will be over on like turn 3, with no winners.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 12:08:03 am »
+2

Unless you have 100 Scouts, that game will be over on like turn 3, with no winners everyone rejoicing in their shared victory!

FTFY
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 12:12:48 am »
+1

It's like... all the enablers and nothing to enable. Enablers without cause. Somebody give them a home.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 02:32:37 pm »

Unless you have 100 Scouts, that game will be over on like turn 3, with no winners everyone rejoicing in their shared victory!

FTFY

No, correct play would still be a BMU mirror.  If PPR causes a really long Duchy dance then and only then, some of the Scouts might come of the table. But most of the time not.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 05:12:55 pm »

FTFY

No, correct play would still be a BMU mirror.  If PPR causes a really long Duchy dance then and only then, some of the Scouts might come of the table. But most of the time not.
No, he's saying you have ten piles each with one scout, so 3-pile happens quickly. That is actually an interesting game; surely you don't buy scouts right away, but you might make a beeline for the duchies and scouts.

silvern

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +170
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 05:26:05 pm »
+3

Give this kingdom to Marin, and see if he's able to resist buying Throne Room anyway.

Throwaway_bicycling

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 05:47:19 pm »

Too bad Dominion Online doesn't have Adventures cards yet. I think I would bust a gut laughing at whatever the bots did with this...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 05:59:54 pm »
+3

Too bad Dominion Online doesn't have Adventures cards yet. I think I would bust a gut laughing at whatever the bots did with this...
You can easily replace Royal Carriage and CotR with, say, rats and talisman. No, you don't want to open Talisman/Silver.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 10:26:15 pm »

You can easily replace Royal Carriage and CotR with, say, rats and talisman. No, you don't want to open Talisman/Silver.

You could also just use Village, Walled Village, Border Village, and Fortress. Talisman at least gives you a decision to think about, even if it's not the right move.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 10:34:20 pm »

You could also just use Village, Walled Village, Border Village, and Fortress. Talisman at least gives you a decision to think about, even if it's not the right move.
Ahh, but this allows you to potentially increase handsize, fortress in particular. Still probably not worth it, but there's a better chance than with talisman. You could use, say, fairgrounds instead of talisman if you want (You will never have more than 7 uniques unless you go out of your way, which isn't worth it).

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2015, 01:31:34 am »

Actually, with the Scout kingdom, getting an early Scout might help you get an early duchy...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Zappie

• Thief
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2015, 03:25:02 am »
+1

would you open coin on 5/2?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 09:44:09 am »

Ahh, but this allows you to potentially increase handsize, fortress in particular. Still probably not worth it, but there's a better chance than with talisman. You could use, say, fairgrounds instead of talisman if you want (You will never have more than 7 uniques unless you go out of your way, which isn't worth it).

Well take out Prince. Oh right and take out either Procession or Fortress.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 10:22:42 am »

There's still KC.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 10:55:53 am »
+1

There's still KC.

Bah. I'd like to see a KC-Village engine just to draw an extra card. But ok fine, get rid of KC. Pretty sure there's enough villages to go around that don't provide extra benefit. Either way, I'm pretty sure that Talisman would have a better chance than KC-Village. You are going to be buying a lot of Silvers in that game; getting 2 for 1 could be helpful.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2015, 12:04:59 pm »

There's still KC.

Bah. I'd like to see a KC-Village engine just to draw an extra card. But ok fine, get rid of KC. Pretty sure there's enough villages to go around that don't provide extra benefit. Either way, I'm pretty sure that Talisman would have a better chance than KC-Village. You are going to be buying a lot of Silvers in that game; getting 2 for 1 could be helpful.

Golem also increases handsize when it hits village/village
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.