Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: You may now return to your regularly scheduled breathing.  (Read 821 times)

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
You may now return to your regularly scheduled breathing.
« on: May 02, 2015, 09:51:53 pm »

Code: [Select]
Vineyard, Pawn, Chancellor, Fortune Teller, Shanty Town, Steward, Warehouse, Wishing Well, Outpost, Border Village
Log.

Joined HarryPeteur's table today. The board was an obvious Vineyard rush, with strong trashing, cycling, cheap +Buy, etc. I thought I was off to a good start with a Warehouse/Steward opening and trashing down pretty fast, but HP proved me wrong by grabbing a ton more action cards to get more valuable Vineyards. Thankfully the split was even. But then came the real pressure. I don't think either of us expected the game to take 27 turns, especially since the last Vineyard disappeared turn 15. We self-junked up so much that it turned into a slogfest, both of us probably holding our breath waiting for that one good turn, which I ended up getting. It turned out that my seemingly-foolish Silver buys early on proved useful, since they allowed me to get a few extra action cards, spike a Province, and pull two BV-Duchy turns, one of which ended the game on a narrow win for me.

So yeah, I did some pretty stupid things. I underestimated the use of Shanty Town by a long shot (too many action cards in my hand? I guess I could, well, play them) and I made a horrendous mistake turn 14 when I discarded my Pawn with two Potions in hand and two Vineyards left in the supply. It was definitely luck that won this for me.

I'm mostly looking for speculation here. Would you have bought Silvers (or Golds) early on? Or ever? What do you think the game would have looked like if I hadn't and just used virtual money for economy? Did trashing one of my Potions turn 17 make as big a difference as I thought it would?

HarryPeteur, if you have anything to say, I'd love to hear it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:54:36 pm by Elanchana »
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.601 seconds with 20 queries.