Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Disciple (TR, KC, etc) Wine Merchant (other Reserve card)  (Read 2108 times)

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
Disciple (TR, KC, etc) Wine Merchant (other Reserve card)
« on: May 02, 2015, 12:35:52 pm »

Played last night. Had someone Disciple a Wine Merchant. Does Disciple follow Wine Merchant to the Tavern Mat?

My guess is no, but I wasn't sure since those types of cards stay out with Duration cards.
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."

dane-m

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dane-m
  • Respect: +196
    • View Profile
Re: Disciple (TR, KC, etc) Wine Merchant (other Reserve card)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 12:45:52 pm »
+1

Played last night. Had someone Disciple a Wine Merchant. Does Disciple follow Wine Merchant to the Tavern Mat?

My guess is no, but I wasn't sure since those types of cards stay out with Duration cards.
I'm fairly sure that I've seen this question asked elsewhere (but don't ask me where) and the answer is indeed "no", the point being that the called effect can't get doubled so Disciple is finished with once the Reserve card has been resolved.  I'm also fairly sure that the answer elsewhere explained that much better than I have just done!

dane-m

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dane-m
  • Respect: +196
    • View Profile
Re: Disciple (TR, KC, etc) Wine Merchant (other Reserve card)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 12:52:53 pm »
+1

I'm fairly sure that I've seen this question asked elsewhere (but don't ask me where)
I asked myself and successfully tracked it down.  The following is what Donald X said in a Boardgamegeek forum:

"Throne Room just repeats the above-the-line stuff. If you Throne Room Ratcatcher, for example, you would get +1 Card +1 Action, put Ratcatcher on the Tavern mat, get +1 Card +1 Action again, and fail to put it on the mat since it's already there. It would have no effect on calling the Ratcatcher later; that still just trashes one card. You can't Throne calling a card."

And not surprisingly Donald did indeed explain it much better than I did!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.