Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Storage: Anyone uses Hobby Lobby Wooden Case+SpielGeek's Plastic Dividers?  (Read 4896 times)

buckyball

• Swindler
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile

Hello,

I was wondering if Hobby Lobby Wooden Case can hold all cards with the plastic dividers from SpielGeek. (especially with Broken Token's Card Organizer)

I'm not a DIY kinda guy and I find this combination perfect for my storage solution. Just want to make sure they can hold Adventures cards and the promos. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. :)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
+2

Adam indicated that he got Adventures to fit (with a few adjustments) with sleeves on the cards, so if you don't have those, then I am sure you will be fit everything.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=5121.msg485805#msg485805

DLloyd09

• Baron
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
+1

You definitely can, because I think the same way you do!

This is every set + promos (except Hinterlands, which I've ordered and is arriving tomorrow, but space has been already allocated in each row since my cards are arranged alphabetically so I know they'll fit): All kingdom cards, non-supply cards, one set of basic cards, the Seaside, Prosperity, and Adventures mats, all the tokens (Adventures / coins / VP / Embargo), and the rulebooks. The only thing not in here anymore are the randomizers (I use an app anyway), although they could fit. All of these cards are sleeved with Mayday regular Euro sleeves.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:46:57 pm by DLloyd09 »

buckyball

• Swindler
    • View Profile

Thank you guys!

DLloyd, awesome! I also use an app and Mayday regular sleeves! I'll go ahead and order the rest. Just got the Hobby Lobby wooden case I ordered last week.   :D

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos

My dividers are thicker than the ones you use, the sleeves I use are Fantasy Flight sleeves -- I'm not familiar with the type you use but I don't think they'll be thicker than mine. Your stuff should fit pretty easily.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I think the Fantasy Flight are comparable to the Mayday Premium in thickness, so the regular should be easier to fit.

ObtusePunubiris

• Bishop
  • Respect: +187
    • View Profile

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.  For no reason I can figure out, my case began popping open yesterday.  Yesterday afternoon and again this morning the latches popped and spilled all my cards (all sets) out.  When it happened yesterday I assumed that I just hadn't closed it properly, but after the second time...

Perhaps it's the extra weight of the latest expansion or maybe I have a defective case, but whatever the case, be warned.  I'll be replacing the latches with a more secure style.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile

The latches don't seem very sturdy.  I had to unscrew the top hinges when I got mine because one of them fell off and needed reattached (and I made sure the other one was secure).

When I was looking at buying the case, I saw at least one person who mentioned always carrying the case flat due to not trusting the latches. 

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games

My Hobby Lobby box's latches seem ok, but I have noticed if you don't close the box all the way it runs the risk of flying open, even if some paper's just sticking out a little bit.  I've moved some cards out of the box since playtesting Adventures to try and reduce weight a bit.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

ObtusePunubiris

• Bishop
    • View Profile

After examining the box in more depth, I've come to the conclusion that it was the weak latches combined with slightly bent hinges that caused mine to open.  So I'll be replacing all of the hardware.

buckyball

• Swindler
    • View Profile

Thank you for the heads-up! I've never tried carrying the case like a briefcase. In fact, I haven't moved it away from my usual gaming area. There seems to be some space for cards to move sideways if the case is held like that. I'm afraid I will ruin the organization or worse, the cards themselves. Do you also have that problem? My friend suggested putting a foam-like material on top so that the cards don't move around.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
+1

I've never had trouble with the hinges or latches, I've been carrying my case like a briefcase ever since I made it. It has all the expansions.

On the other hand, the handle broke once, so I bought another box and replaced the handle, now I have a bunch of spare parts. When the handle broke, the case fell on my foot. It hurt. So I've been careful with this handle.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

ObtusePunubiris

• Bishop
    • View Profile
+1

Thank you for the heads-up! I've never tried carrying the case like a briefcase. In fact, I haven't moved it away from my usual gaming area. There seems to be some space for cards to move sideways if the case is held like that. I'm afraid I will ruin the organization or worse, the cards themselves. Do you also have that problem? My friend suggested putting a foam-like material on top so that the cards don't move around.

I've carried mine like a briefcase since I got it and I've never had any problems with cards getting mixed up or damaged inside the case.  In fact, I once had it standing upright in the front seat of my car when I had to slam on the brakes.  The box tipped over and slid onto the floorboard, upside-down.  I feared a catastrophe, but not a single card was out of place.  I was amazed.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.