Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: "Until your next turn" Attack-Duration  (Read 9007 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: "Until your next turn" Attack-Duration
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2015, 08:29:27 am »

Ooo!  I just thought of something.  Make it:

Until your next turn, when another player plays an Action, he first turns over his Journey token (it starts face up).  If it's face up, he puts his -1 Card token on his deck.

That way, the Attack is still kind of brutal, but only every other play.  And it also messes with their Journey token.

Not sure if that's a good interaction with Giant/Ranger.

It could actually make them better - just get your token face up (play one cantrip or something), then all your Giants/Rangers activate.  And because GoR would always turn your token face down, Giant and Ranger would be a good defense against it.

Hmm.  Maybe I should it make it "if it's face down, -1 Card token."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:30:33 am by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 01:28:07 pm »
+1

Pretty sure that in games with a Giant or Ranger, this will serve as more of a benefit to them than an attack. While this is in play, playing a single Giant or a single Ranger is almost as good as playing 2 of them.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 02:22:27 pm »

When I say "good interaction", I mean "good for the game", not whether it's weak or powerful.

When this attack is in effect, it essentially prevents the token from flipping when you play Giant/Ranger:

My token is in position X.  I play Giant.  The attack flips the token to ~X.  Giant then flips it back to X.

If you have some non-terminal actions, you can control the attack by making sure it is face up before you play Giant/Ranger.  But if you don't, it's all up to luck.  It feels a bit swingy that way, which is why I'm not sure it's a good interaction to have in the game.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2015, 12:30:21 am »
+1

Just thought of something interesting:

Spiteful Crone
$5 - Action-Attack-Duration

Move your Spite token onto an Action supply pile (when another player plays a card from that pile, he first discards a card).
At the start of your next turn, remove your Spite token, and draw up to 7/8 cards in hand.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2015, 01:51:29 am »
+1

Just thought of something interesting:

Spiteful Crone
$5 - Action-Attack-Duration

Move your Spite token onto an Action supply pile (when another player plays a card from that pile, he first discards a card).
At the start of your next turn, remove your Spite token, and draw up to 7/8 cards in hand.

I dunno, I feel like it's not a coincidence that the attacks that have penalties like this don't stack—I'm thinking Bridge Troll, Relic, maybe even Haunted Woods. Swamp Hag does stack, but the Curses are in your discard pile so they don't affect you all at once. Having an engine where you can put a Spite token every turn on some key engine component that you want to play a lot of—or worse, where multiple players can do that—sounds too punishing to be fun.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2015, 08:03:18 am »

Silly multiplayer Dominion, ruining everything.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.642 seconds with 20 queries.