- 5 (9.3%)
Swiss+Knockout, 2nd choice = Single Elimination
- 0 (0%)
Swiss+Knockout, 2nd choice = Double Elimination
- 5 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: May 09, 2015, 07:20:26 am

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: voting: tournament structure  (Read 9743 times)

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
Re: voting: tournament structure
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2015, 07:42:33 am »
+1

The voting just closed. 54 people voted; 28 in favor of single elimination versus 26 in favor of double elimination.

I'm really glad single elim won, and this vote still feels weird to me. I think for many voters their answer was not so much about the tournament structure, but more about "more dominion" versus "less dominion". I can't really know for sure, but I think the last episode of this tournament was simply too long ago, and if another voting option would have been "let's do two single elimination tournaments" that one would have won. Also a bit strange to see is that there is a pretty strong correlation between player skill and voting in favor of single elimination. This implies a lot of people tried to reduce their own chance of winning the tournament.

I'm mostly sorry that I didn't manage to get the implications of the two different structures cleared up beforehand. The majority of players will actually get to play more dominion with single elimination. Their path in this tournament will be approximately 1.5 week shorter, but the difference in the break in the league is much more then that.

Anyway, the voting for the starting date closes tomorrow. That one is equally close now but a lot less exciting (at least as far as I'm concerned).
Join the Dominion League!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 23 queries.