Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion: Events only variant  (Read 1156 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Dominion: Events only variant
« on: April 28, 2015, 10:00:06 am »
+2

So I'm curious how a game with no Kingdom cards, and only events, would play out. You'd use 10 events I guess. You could still buy the basic cards too I guess, since you need some way of getting money. So would this just turn into a mostly pure BM game? Or could you still do interesting things with the events to make it so that it's better to buy them than it is to buy Treasure all the time?

Of course, you could throw in more custom events, including a lot of the ones that were discussed in the "cards that could have been events" thread. So you could still have things like Cache and IGG, at least.

I'm not suggesting that this game would be in any way good compared to actual Dominion. But it still seems like a concept worth discussing a bit.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Events only variant
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 10:01:51 am »
+2

So I'm curious how a game with no Kingdom cards, and only events, would play out. You'd use 10 events I guess. You could still buy the basic cards too I guess, since you need some way of getting money. So would this just turn into a mostly pure BM game? Or could you still do interesting things with the events to make it so that it's better to buy them than it is to buy Treasure all the time?

Of course, you could throw in more custom events, including a lot of the ones that were discussed in the "cards that could have been events" thread. So you could still have things like Cache and IGG, at least.

I'm not suggesting that this game would be in any way good compared to actual Dominion. But it still seems like a concept worth discussing a bit.

Well, Inheritance would suck.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 11:45:37 am »

Well, Inheritance would suck.

Yeah, all of the token events would stop working. Though you could try a modified version that let you put tokens on the events themselves. At least the buy, money, and card. The others couldn't exist at all.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 11:52:52 am »

You may need to change the rules to default how many events you can buy per turn. Then allow tokens to trigger "on buy" as it is. Anything with +Action would become +Buy as well.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.