Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Reserve Cards Timing  (Read 2704 times)

DLloyd09

• Baron
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
Reserve Cards Timing
« on: April 25, 2015, 09:44:18 pm »

Apologies if this has been asked previously.

Is there any requirement that Reserve cards remain on your Tavern mat for any period of time other than an instant? If I play a Royal Carriage, followed by a Miser, can I immediately replay the Miser with the RC even though it has only been parked for a second? If I play my Wine Merchant to boost my buying power from $6 to $10 and only end up buying a Province that turn, do I get him back at the end of that Buy phase, even though he wasn't at the Tavern long enough to order a glass?

<insert Duplicate joke here>

I suspect that the answer is no, they can be called immediately if desired, but wanted to confirm before I get too many plays under my belt. Thanks!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: Reserve Cards Timing
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:48:37 pm »
+3

If I play a Royal Carriage, followed by a Miser, can I immediately replay the Miser with the RC even though it has only been parked for a second?

Yes.

If I play my Wine Merchant to boost my buying power from $6 to $10 and only end up buying a Province that turn, do I get him back at the end of that Buy phase, even though he wasn't at the Tavern long enough to order a glass?

Yes.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 06:37:10 pm »
+3

Is there any requirement that Reserve cards remain on your Tavern mat for any period of time other than an instant? If I play a Royal Carriage, followed by a Miser, can I immediately replay the Miser with the RC even though it has only been parked for a second? If I play my Wine Merchant to boost my buying power from $6 to $10 and only end up buying a Province that turn, do I get him back at the end of that Buy phase, even though he wasn't at the Tavern long enough to order a glass?

I suspect that the answer is no, they can be called immediately if desired, but wanted to confirm before I get too many plays under my belt. Thanks!

You could even play Golem, finding a Royal Carriage and a Miser; play the Royal Carriage first, then the Miser, then call the Royal Carriage to play Miser again.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 06:50:40 pm »
+4

You could even play Golem, finding a Royal Carriage and a Miser; play the Royal Carriage first, then the Miser, then call the Royal Carriage to play Miser again.

Or the Golem.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 08:01:44 pm »

However, Ratcatcher says "At the start of your turn..." so it couldn't be called immediately.
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 09:53:33 pm »
+1

However, Ratcatcher says "At the start of your turn..." so it couldn't be called immediately.

If you have a Prince'd Throne Room, and you start your turn by playing Ratcatcher twice with the Throne Room, then you can call the Ratcatcher immediately while it's still the start of your turn. Same with Guide.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

DooWopDJ

• Golem
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 10:51:27 am »

Thanks for the original post.  I had this same couple of questions, and now have the answer.  I noticed that the Duplicate also could have a brief visit to the Tavern mat before being called in this scenario:

Play Duplicate from your hand, place Duplicate on Tavern mat, call Duplicate, either by playing another card that has a card gain ability, or most likely scenario, immediately after placing the Duplicate on the Tavern mat, you buy a card costing up to 6, you can call the Duplicate to gain a 2nd copy of that card.
-DooWopDJ

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 10:54:54 am »
+3

This reminds me

Turn 18 - LaLight
La starts their turn.
La plays a Crown. (Ghost)
La plays a Crown.
La plays a Patrician.
La draws a Copper.
La reveals a Crown.
La puts a Crown into their hand.
La plays a Patrician again.
La draws a Giant.
La shuffles their deck.
La reveals an Estate.
La plays a Crown again.
La plays a Crown.
La plays a Giant.
La flips Journey token face down.
La plays a Giant again.
La flips Journey token face up.
Lo reveals a Haunted Mirror.
Lo discards a Haunted Mirror.
Lo gains a Curse.
La plays a Crown again.
La plays a Giant.
La flips Journey token face down.
La plays a Giant again.
La flips Journey token face up.
Lo reveals a Copper.
Lo discards a Copper.
Lo gains a Curse.
La plays a Crown again.
La plays a Workshop.
La gains a Cemetery.
La trashes a Copper and a Cemetery.
La plays a Workshop again.
La gains a Poacher.
La calls a Guide.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 11:22:20 am »
+1

[Fx: Silly voice] "Summon the Ratcatcher!"

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 12:05:28 pm »

If you have a Prince'd Throne Room, and you start your turn by playing Ratcatcher twice with the Throne Room, then you can call the Ratcatcher immediately while it's still the start of your turn. Same with Guide.

Instead of Prince + Throne Room, it also works with Ghost (as LaLight posted), Summon and Piazza. All of these can play a Reserve card like Ratcatcher, Guide, Transmogrify and Teacher at the start of your turn, enabling you to immediately call it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.