Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Signups - Questions & Answers  (Read 9448 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Signups - Questions & Answers
« on: April 20, 2015, 08:29:05 am »

Question: Do we just keep checking back here to see when we start and what division we are in or will we receive an email?

Season 8 will run from the 18th of May until 21st of June

It would be a good idea to check back at this time to see what division you're in and who you'll be playing, etc. If you'd like I can send you a reminder PM when that happens also, but unless you ask for it, you won't get a PM.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
Re: Signups - Questions & Answers
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 08:55:31 am »

Question: Do we just keep checking back here to see when we start and what division we are in or will we receive an email?

Season 8 will run from the 18th of May until 21st of June

It would be a good idea to check back at this time to see what division you're in and who you'll be playing, etc. If you'd like I can send you a reminder PM when that happens also, but unless you ask for it, you won't get a PM.

Actually ADK has been sending a welcome message to all the new players at the start of the season for a couple of seasons now, and I hope/think he will continue to do so.
(guessing Adam doesn't get those?) It's the same message to all the new players though, so you are supposed to check what group you're in yourself.
Join the Dominion League!

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 08:56:43 am »

Actually ADK has been sending a welcome message to all the new players at the start of the season for a couple of seasons now, and I hope/think he will continue to do so.
(guessing Adam doesn't get those?) It's the same message to all the new players though, so you are supposed to check what group you're in yourself.

Oh yeah hey that's a thing that happens. I forgot about those  :-[
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

CATGIRL

• Swindler
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 04:29:16 am »

hi this is catgirl again,

my username here at this forum is "catgirl", but I noticed that at the game it is two words "cat girl".  Not sure if this matters, but mentioning it just in case. Thanks for organizing this.

CATGIRL

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 04:39:18 am »

Sorry to bother you again, I just wanted to say that I'm not at all convinced that my iso level is accurate. It is frozen at -17 and has never moved. It doesn't matter how much I win or lose. Not sure if I am doing something wrong? In any case, my pro level is around 3,600 which feels about right to me.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 08:12:10 am »

Sorry to bother you again, I just wanted to say that I'm not at all convinced that my iso level is accurate. It is frozen at -17 and has never moved. It doesn't matter how much I win or lose. Not sure if I am doing something wrong? In any case, my pro level is around 3,600 which feels about right to me.
Are you playing bots or multiplayer games? The iso leaderboard does not count those.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12867
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 08:21:25 am »

Also, if you have changed your name on Dominion Online, that might cause problems with the Iso leaderboard as well.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 11:11:06 am »

Try looking up your username on the leaderboard. Since you changed your username, it will never display properly in the client itself, but the leaderboard should be accurate. In the client, my level is always -54, but I'm around 22 on the leaderboard. (on a hell of a losing streak lately...)

If your username is CAT GIRL, your actual isotropic level as of the time of this post is 9.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

CATGIRL

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 11:15:09 am »

liopoil, awaclus & chris,

Thank you all so much for writing back.

Chris, you are correct! It is nine. I didn't realize it was different on the goko site (glad to know I am not permanently -17).

-Stef-

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 03:46:00 pm »

I should have time for this season.

Name: Titandrake
Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Last played: Season 3, div B

You are a bit late, as the deadline for signing up into B passed yesterday.
But you're also lucky, a number of spots in B are available this season.

We will most likely see Fergesser and Titandrake (returning) and Marin and Yudai (new) in B next season.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 05:38:57 pm »

Well, I suspect my skills have decayed enough that I'll be towards the bottom of B, but if there's a spot I'll take it :P
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 02:31:12 am »

Can I sign out and sign in again? ^^

iamsparticus

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Re: Season 8 - Signups
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 10:54:42 pm »

-Stef- Thank you for doing all the work to put this together. You aren't getting paid enough.
[/quote]

Of course he isn't, is he getting paid anything?

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 05:45:50 pm »

I just thought I might be ready to join the league and noticed the sign ups for division B had just closed, so I guess it'll be next season (I'm sure I'm not good enough for division A. Is there a division C by any chance?).

You said you base divisions and stuff by iso ratings, so about what is the rating range for each division?  And what are the lowest ratings of the people in the league (I'm not sure I'd want to join if I'd be the lowest player in the league...) 
I just got to iso rating 4, and that the highest it's ever been. Also, I don't know how accurate that is since the majority of games I play are casual games. I still play pro sometimes so I'll have a somewhere-near-accurate rating and because sometimes it's easier to find a pro game to join even if I host a casual game.

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 05:57:38 pm »

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=12845.msg475830#msg475830

Results from last season will give you an idea of ratings ranges.
I think sign up is still open for divisions C, D and E.
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 05:58:33 pm »

oh cool, I didn't know there were more than 2 divisions.  Wow, there were only four players with iso rating below 10 (and they're all below 0 so I'm guessing they usually play casual or something). I guess I'll go to division E then...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:02:27 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

-Stef-

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 07:38:51 pm »
+2

oh cool, I didn't know there were more than 2 divisions.  Wow, there were only four players with iso rating below 10 (and they're all below 0 so I'm guessing they usually play casual or something). I guess I'll go to division E then...

Welcome to the league. Yes I'll put you in E next season. I suspect you'll do just fine there, hopefully a nice mix of winning some and losing some.

Actually there were 5 people below level 10 in this season. silentstrife in D3 has an iso rating of 7.6, but after winning in E last season (s)he got promoted to D and did just fine there this season. D next season again. For some people their iso level is apparently not very accurate, I don't know why. Could be that they play very little pro-games, but even then I think your iso level catches up with your playing skill pretty quickly.

Right now there are some players in E with an iso level above 20. Apparently their rating went up quite a bit during the season. I am going to try to get them all out of E (and into D) because level 20 is approximately the maximum I want to allow for E players. I want reasonably novice players to also feel welcome. But I can't make any promises, because in the end I just have to make 6-player groups.

And before someone brings this up again: no, the regular promotion/demotion rule doesn't work for D/E. There are simply too many D pools and not enough E pools. So the only rule is that if you end up #1 in E you always go to D, and for everyone else I just try to do whatever seems best.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2015, 07:57:05 pm »

So, assuming I have no Isotropish ranking, because I never play real people on Dominion Online (Goko, etc), by default I would start in 'E' correct?
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

-Stef-

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2015, 08:22:13 pm »

So, assuming I have no Isotropish ranking, because I never play real people on Dominion Online (Goko, etc), by default I would start in 'E' correct?

That would be the default yes. But as it says in the signups thread - if there are reasons why your skill and rating don't match, you're free to explain them and I'll try to get you in the most suitable division after all.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 09:09:17 am »

Right now there are some players in E with an iso level above 20. Apparently their rating went up quite a bit during the season. I am going to try to get them all out of E (and into D) because level 20 is approximately the maximum I want to allow for E players. I want reasonably novice players to also feel welcome. But I can't make any promises, because in the end I just have to make 6-player groups.

Of course, there are also some dummies with ratings well above 20 who get dead last in their D pools and muck everything up. :)
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

-Stef-

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 10:00:10 am »
+1

Of course, there are also some dummies with ratings well above 20 who get dead last in their D pools and muck everything up. :)

No, actually they will not. They will simply have to try harder next season in D.
Off course I have no clue who you're talking about :)

critchie

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 01:52:57 pm »

So, we just check here on the 18th for the schedule? There's nothing I need to do in the meantime? :D

mpsprs

• Explorer
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 02:03:05 pm »

So, we just check here on the 18th for the schedule? There's nothing I need to do in the meantime? :D
Correct.  At some point on the 18th the divisions for the new season will come out and you'll be able to see who else is in your division.  At that point you can communicate directly with the others about scheduling your match.  There will be a suggested schedule, but you don't need to follow that-we just ask that you keep approximately to at least a 1-match-a-week schedule.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 07:24:44 pm »

Question: Why are there only 6 D divisions rather than 8?

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2015, 07:26:30 pm »

Question: Why are there only 6 D divisions rather than 8?
Cause we need a few more players for that. Maybe next season :)

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.