Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Signups - Questions & Answers  (Read 9441 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
Re: Signups - Questions & Answers
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2015, 07:34:37 pm »

Question: Why are there only 6 D divisions rather than 8?
Cause we need a few more players for that. Maybe next season :)

Yeah makes sense, I guess that's better than only having 3 Es.

Another question (sorry if this is covered elsewhere): In the Rules & Regulations post it says:

At the end of the season the highest ranked players promote to the next level, while the bottom 2 demote.

I take this to mean that for each division the single highest-ranked player is promoted even if there is a 2nd player in another division with more wins. Is this correct? If so for Level D this season, will that mean that the highest-ranked player in each division plus the two highest-ranked remaining players will be promoted, or two fewer players from C will be demoted?

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2015, 07:42:02 pm »

Yes, in every D league (atleast) 1 player will promote to C.

In the rules it states that rather a 2nd placed participant will promote before 5th place will keep his spot. The amount of people who actually promote varies however, depending on how many people drop out and a few other factors. So you might be seeing even more than 2 second places promoting.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2015, 07:43:58 pm »

Yes, in every D league (atleast) 1 player will promote to C.

In the rules it states that rather a 2nd placed participant will promote before 5th place will keep his spot. The amount of people who actually promote varies however, depending on how many people drop out and a few other factors. So you might be seeing even more than 2 second places promoting.

Makes sense,  thanks!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2015, 10:15:11 pm »

Sorry for all the questions, but am I understanding the '3rd' column in the standings post? So basically it's a tiebreaker which rewards consistency. So if you have two players with the number of wins and whose match was 3-3, the player who had 2 other 3-3 matches will end up higher than the one who had 4-2 and 2-4?

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2015, 10:21:03 pm »
+1

Sorry for all the questions, but am I understanding the '3rd' column in the standings post? So basically it's a tiebreaker which rewards consistency. So if you have two players with the number of wins and whose match was 3-3, the player who had 2 other 3-3 matches will end up higher than the one who had 4-2 and 2-4?
No, it depends on who your wins are against. For each game win in the season, you get a 3rd place tiebreaker point for each game your opponent won in the season. It rewards doing well against players who did well rather than doing well against players who did not as well.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 10:31:26 pm »

Posted in the wrong thread for this, I guess:

Dunno where to post questions about league rules, but I've got one.

I'm fortunate enough to be paired with one of my real life friends for a match, so I'm wondering - if we opted to play our matches using physical cards, would we be able to play with Adventures cards? I can see this not being allowed since the cards are not available online yet. Don't worry about deck tracking - I'll be sure to sleeve them.

I'd probably do some magic with a tripod and webcam to stream these games.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 10:43:48 pm »

No, it depends on who your wins are against. For each game win in the season, you get a 3rd place tiebreaker point for each game your opponent won in the season. It rewards doing well against players who did well rather than doing well against players who did not as well.

Ah, thanks!

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 10:53:56 pm »
+1

Posted in the wrong thread for this, I guess:

Dunno where to post questions about league rules, but I've got one.

I'm fortunate enough to be paired with one of my real life friends for a match, so I'm wondering - if we opted to play our matches using physical cards, would we be able to play with Adventures cards? I can see this not being allowed since the cards are not available online yet. Don't worry about deck tracking - I'll be sure to sleeve them.

I'd probably do some magic with a tripod and webcam to stream these games.

I can't see a good reason why not. I look forward to watching it!
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.