Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Council Room, Militia, Stonemason and tough decisions  (Read 1889 times)

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
Council Room, Militia, Stonemason and tough decisions
« on: April 20, 2015, 04:12:03 pm »

Code: [Select]
Stonemason, University, Masterpiece, Militia, Procession, Wandering Minstrel, Council Room, Mandarin, Merchant Ship, Vault
Provinces/Estates (log). I lose this game because I don't add any money to my engine. I focused far too much on winning the Wandering Minstrel split. He had University for + Actions so I wasn't denying him the ability to draw his deck reliably even by winning the split 7-3.

Is it correct to add money by picking up Procession? Presumably I would play it on Militia each turn to gain 5 costs while re-buying the Militia. If so, when should I have picked up Procession?

I’m still unsure how to play this board. Is Potion worth going for? Being able to overpay for Stonemason to get 2 Universities on turn 3/4 is the dream, but I opened Militia/Silver figuring that was unlikely. Do you add Procession? How would you open on 5/2? Thoughts appreciated.

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1728
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: Council Room, Militia, Stonemason and tough decisions
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 07:29:15 am »
+1

My gut tells me to avoid Potion/University.  Procession can be used to do everything University does -- gain cards and give + actions.  You'd be fine Processing away WMs for actions because the game is not going to last long -- so you don't need to hold on to more than a few WMs.  I would go for some sort of Procession-WM-Council Room-Militia thing, adding in a Vault for the large majority of my economy (i.e. after playing a Council Room or 2).  Feed your Procession with 2 $4 cards each buy (not just 1, as you mention) via Stonemason, or even from Stonemasoning a $5 into 2 $4s.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 07:46:05 am »
+1

I would go for University here. There's a lot of cards that you want to be gaining with it and the +2 actions is useful as well.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 07:54:30 am »
+2

I think you built for too long. There are few turns where you're processing stuff just to buy more of it later. A lot of this stuff also just clogs up the wandering minstrel drawing chain. You also tried to buy in a lot of pairs of cards with stonemasons when you could buy high and split down with the stonemason you already had.

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
  • Highest Rank/Rating: 58/5600
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 08:00:46 pm »

My gut tells me to avoid Potion/University.  Procession can be used to do everything University does -- gain cards and give + actions.  You'd be fine Processing away WMs for actions because the game is not going to last long -- so you don't need to hold on to more than a few WMs.  I would go for some sort of Procession-WM-Council Room-Militia thing, adding in a Vault for the large majority of my economy (i.e. after playing a Council Room or 2).  Feed your Procession with 2 $4 cards each buy (not just 1, as you mention) via Stonemason, or even from Stonemasoning a $5 into 2 $4s.

I would definitely go for University.
"If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything." - William Lyon Phelps

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 12:45:12 pm »

Just curious, when posting a kingdom, do you have to copy-paste every single image link from the wiki, or is there a faster way to do it?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 12:58:31 pm »

Just curious, when posting a kingdom, do you have to copy-paste every single image link from the wiki, or is there a faster way to do it?

http://www.gokosalvager.com/kingdomvisualize

Edit: Not sure how to do it without a log... I thought you could put in a kingdom list.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:59:51 pm by Deadlock39 »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.