Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bridge combos (or more megaturns with cost-reducers)  (Read 4361 times)

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
Bridge combos (or more megaturns with cost-reducers)
« on: April 20, 2015, 07:53:16 am »

One of my first impressions reading the adventure cards was that many of them combos with bridge :

Coin of the realm : For the megaturn, play bridge, call CoTR, Play bridge… it seems even better than the Native village + Bridge combo, because you can have a bunch of CoTR on your tavern mat very quickly.
Royal carriage : For the megaturn too, you need only one bridge and call all your royall carriages at the same time. Or even better : Princess.
Champion or Teacher can make all the bridges non-terminal, or add a + buy on highway.
And similarly for events, I would put the +action token from Lost arts on bridge with pleasure (or +buy on highway).

And the events that work with cost-reducers in general :
Alms : Play 4 cost reducers, do not play treasures, gain province.
Artificer : You need to discard fewer cards to gain province or expensive actions.
Borrow and Travelling fair works nicely with highway.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Bridge combos (or more megaturns with cost-reducers)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 08:01:52 am »

Native Village + Bridge works, because Native Village is the splitter, the +cards and the trashing the deck needs. Coin of the Realm is just the splitter. You still need +cards, and preferably trashing as well.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 08:05:20 am »

Native Village + Bridge works, because Native Village is the splitter, the +cards and the trashing the deck needs. Coin of the Realm is just the village. You still need +cards, and preferably trashing as well.
True. I think trashing is more important than +cards though. Since CoTR is on the tavern mat, a hand of 5 bridge + 3 CoTR on the tavern mat is not enough for a province megaturn, but already very good.

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1399
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 08:11:13 am »
+2

Or even better : Princess
One of the funny things about Princess is the "while this is in play" clause doesn't work with Throne/King/Carriage
My opponent has more loot than me

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 08:25:17 am »

You can add Ball to your list that works well with cost-reducers. Play one Bridge, get 2 $5s.

joel88s

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 09:19:01 am »
+7

And of course there's always Duplicate Bridge.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 09:30:58 am »

You can add Ball to your list that works well with cost-reducers. Play one Bridge, get 2 $5s.

I agree that this is a great combo, but the trick is that Bridge doesn't actually make Ball cheaper. I have choked in a lot of Bridge Troll games because my deck couldn't hit $5 with Bridge Troll in play.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 01:12:37 pm »
+7

Native Village + Bridge works, because Native Village is the splitter, the +cards and the trashing the deck needs. Coin of the Realm is just the village. You still need +cards, and preferably trashing as well.
True. I think trashing is more important than +cards though. Since CoTR is on the tavern mat, a hand of 5 bridge + 3 CoTR on the tavern mat is not enough for a province megaturn, but already very good.

You draw a hand of five bridges without using other cards mostly in magical christmasland

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 06:23:15 pm »

Coin of the Realm is easy to underrate.  In a board with lots of terminals but no drawing, it's risky to buy villages, but a Coin or two for emergencies really hits the spot.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.