Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Announcing Jack of all Dominion (android randomizer app)  (Read 28888 times)

minusik

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
Announcing Jack of all Dominion (android randomizer app)
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:10:42 am »
+21

After a friend passed Dominion fever onto me, I was searching for good randomizer app for android. There were few promising candidates, but all of them were missing something or other. So, I decided to create my own, and learn android programming at the same time. Few months of on and off development, almost an year long break for adjusting to new life as a parent, I finally finished the project recently. Let me introduce you to: Jack of all Dominion. Big part of the inspiration goes to Dominion Shuffle app, but hopefully easier to set up for both a novice and seasoned player. I also wanted to make this app a randomizer, but also reference for other aspects of the game. So app includes simple victory counter for selected Kingdom, recommended games, and many other things.

I'm also happy to announce that as of today, I have added support for all Adventure cards.

App is free, no ads and no extra permissions. It can be found at:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.minusik.apps.jackofalldominion
All feedback, suggestions and questions are welcome.
I hope it will be found useful.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
Re: Announcing Jack of all Dominion (android randomizer app)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 02:02:09 am »

I will check it out, thanks!
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 02:23:41 am »

Out of curiosity, what randomizer features does this app have that Dominion Shuffle lacked?

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 08:26:57 am »
+1

Jack of All Dominion is probably my favorite randomizer, and if I had my own Android phone it's the only one I'd use.

I prefer it over Dominion Shuffle because of the cleaner interface, more useful card filters (can require at least 1 / 3 / 5 of many actually useful different categories), swipe-to-replace in the results window, easier Kingdom saving, etc. You just have to try it, you'll love it. Also, Dominion Shuffle is really ugly.

If you're particularly lazy, the VP counter is also great.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 08:59:27 am »
+1

So I currently use Dominion Shuffle. I haven't tried this app but I plan to soon. Things I wish Dominion Shuffle did that I hope this app will do:

1. Have an amazing name (check)
2. Every once in a while, Dominion Shuffle will crash and delete the settings I have in place (no Black Market, Tournament, Knights) and I'll have to go in and reset them. This is annoying and takes a while.
3. Cat's out of the bag: I playtested some cards. It would be really nice if I could have my app select only 6 cards instead of 10.
4. I wish the supply cards you needed (Potions, Spoils, Ruins, Platinum/Colony, Shelters, Events, etc.) could be displayed at the start or end of the list instead of alphabetically in the list.

Anyways, I'll give the app a shot next chance I get and hopefully these all happen! If not, well then consider them feature requests :P
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 10:30:49 am »
+1

2. Every once in a while, Dominion Shuffle will crash and delete the settings I have in place (no Black Market, Tournament, Knights) and I'll have to go in and reset them. This is annoying and takes a while.

Dominion Shuffle seems to do that to me any time I don't fully back out of it.  But I just discovered recently, that it has a save/load feature, so you can save the selection options you have and give it a name. (Maybe you mean it is crashing and losing these, but I've never experienced that.)

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 02:44:33 am »

It seems to be missing the Adventures/Alchemy recommended sets.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1792
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 02:54:24 am »

They're not in the rulebook. Donald posted them.

So, the big -$1 "token" is similar to a Curse for money, right?  Just want to make sure I'm not reading into it too much.

Also, did anyone else notice the recommended sets include every set except Alchemy?
That's a mistake I didn't catch when proofreading; I have them in my file.

Adventures & Alchemy:
Haste Potion: Plan / Magpie, Messenger, Port, Royal Carriage, Treasure Trove / Apprentice, Scrying Pool, Transmute, University, Vineyard
Cursecatchers: Save, Trade / Amulet, Bridge Troll, Caravan Guard, Peasant, Ratcatcher / Apothecary, Familiar, Golem, Herbalist, Philosopher's Stone

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 07:09:48 am »

Got a chance to play around with this app. It's pretty, I really like the way it looks.

So I'm allowed to pick 10 cards or more cards, but no option to pick less than 10 cards. It would go a super-long way if you just allowed me to pick 1-9 cards as well.

The big thing that will potentially stop me from using this app is that the screen that shows me the cards I need to get out requires me to scroll if there's any more than 10 cards -- and I have a Galaxy S4, the screen is pretty huge. This is actually a pretty big deal for me -- an option to only show the card name (instead of cost, type, etc.) would make the rows much smaller so they could all fit on one screen without scrolling.

But this interface is really nice. Like, super-nice. I'm a big fan  ;D

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 09:03:18 am »

They're not in the rulebook. Donald posted them.

So, the big -$1 "token" is similar to a Curse for money, right?  Just want to make sure I'm not reading into it too much.

Also, did anyone else notice the recommended sets include every set except Alchemy?
That's a mistake I didn't catch when proofreading; I have them in my file.

Adventures & Alchemy:
Haste Potion: Plan / Magpie, Messenger, Port, Royal Carriage, Treasure Trove / Apprentice, Scrying Pool, Transmute, University, Vineyard
Cursecatchers: Save, Trade / Amulet, Bridge Troll, Caravan Guard, Peasant, Ratcatcher / Apothecary, Familiar, Golem, Herbalist, Philosopher's Stone
I'm aware he posted them. Which is why I'm aware they exist. But they are not in the app with all the other sets.

minusik

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 09:25:58 am »
+2

Adventures/Alchemy recommended sets will show up in the next update. I was just going by what was in the rule book.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 09:52:02 am »
+1

Adventures/Alchemy recommended sets will show up in the next update. I was just going by what was in the rule book.

Looking at the recommended sets, I've just realized Reserve cards are terrible as Banes.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 01:07:45 pm »
+10

Looking at the recommended sets, I've just realized Reserve cards are terrible as Banes.
Reserve
[...]
-----------------
When another player playes Young Witch, you may Call out in your profanity of choice to, look at your Bane card sitting helplessly on your Tavern Mat.

mpsprs

• Explorer
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 02:07:26 pm »
+7

Reserve
[...]
-----------------
When another player playes Young Witch, you may Call out in your profanity of choice to, look at your Bane card sitting helplessly on your Tavern Mat.

Love the comma.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 02:11:12 pm »

Just downloaded this app. First impression, it has everything I'm looking for. I'll try it out some more later.

Avin

• Spy
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 05:04:32 pm »

I really like this! One thing I'd like to see though is the ability to control how many events show up in the selection. Maybe I missed it, but it looks like you can put in all sorts of limits for cards, but not for events. If I'm playing with newish players and they're good with a random set but not ready to add on events, it's easy enough to disregard any events that show up, but (as will likely be the case when I first get my copy of Adventures) if I want to ensure a certain number of events show up, I don't currently see a way to specify that.

edit: Okay I found the Events Selection option in the Settings. But that only has four options, and what if I want a chance of more than 3 events? Or randomly select between 1-4 events, or some other range?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:06:17 pm by Avin »

minusik

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 05:34:20 pm »
+1

There are only 4 options, because this was my first stab at controlling how to add events.
I did not have much data to go on, so I went with recommended up to 2 as default, and added "always" and "never" for good measure. Up to 3 is more of the option for more adventurous Adventures players. Both random options rely on probabilities calculated with number of cards and events selected. So including 3 events would only happen only about 5-6% of time (for all 236 cards and 20 events). I can change/add to those options, based on the feedback I receive.

edit/addition: I just realized, why I included option to include randomly up to 3, and not 4 or more events. Calculating probabilities, I was getting little over 1% for 4 events, and then less than .5% for 5 Events, and less and less for more Events. So, I didn't want to include it, as it could result users claiming it never happens or app is buggy. Say you set it to up to 10 Events, then you would have a chance of 10 Events happening about one per 10 million (if my calculations were right). Sure, I could implement it other way and just allow each number of Events happen 1/21 (0 Events + 1-20 Events) of the time, but then someone else would claim that it is invalid as well.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:48:39 pm by minusik »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 08:34:37 pm »

There should also be a way to view all the Events.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

minusik

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 10:27:44 pm »
+1

Right now you can view all events either on the Blacklist screen or by searching for "Events" or "Adventure Events". It is kind of roundabout way to see them all, but that's because I wanted to post the app with Adventures faster. In the future updates, I plan to include them with main Adventures cards when viewed from Sets tab.

minusik

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 11:37:32 am »
+2

Will this app ever be released outside of android? The only device I have is a chromebook, which I don't think can use this (or any other shuffle for that matter.)

Google is slowly rolling out support for having any android app on chrome os, so maybe once that is out, I can see what would it take to have it there. I just read this article on how to try it out now: Run any Android app on your Chromebook with this hack. I don't have chromebook to try it out, so not sure how easy it is. My app does not ask for any permissions, and doe not use too many libraries, so maybe it can be a candidate to try it out.

padlock

• Pawn
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 04:03:28 pm »
+7

Thank you very much for the app. It's fantastic. I don't know if your taking requests for additional functionality, but if so, I've got a couple.

First, What I would really like with the black market deck is for it to be completely virtual. What I mean is that if black market is in the game, I'd rather not go through the effort of setting up the deck. I'd rather have a button on the app I could push whenever someone plays the card, which would list the 3 possible options they could purchase. We would then go fish in the box for only the cards actually purchased.

Secondly, I see that you have the option to use the 3 or more alchemy card rule. Would it be possible to make that a bit more flexible? I personally prefer to use a rule of 'at least 1 other alchemy card' whenever an alchemy card is in the kingdom. I find requiring 3 is often too much, and turning the rule off completely, not enough.

In any case, thanks again for the excellent app.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 04:49:20 pm »
+1

I've tried this thing out, and I have to say I'm impressed. This is a really nice app! I especially like the name and some of the features with a picked out kingdom, such as pinning cards and veto/replacement setup. And the card selection screen is very neat and tidy.

One thing I'd quite like is a little more freedom with setting the numbers in rules. I've often used "minimum two $5 cards" in the past when playing casually - that's a recommendation straight from DXV on making games more reliably fun. But here I'd have to pick between minimum one $5 (which is better than nothing for sure) or minimum three $5's (which starts to make games somewhat $5 card heavy on average).

Probably the biggest thing I dislike compared to my current Dominion App (Dominion Shuffle) is that the results screen takes up a lot more room, i.e. it won't fit on my screen by a long shot. In Dominion Shuffle there's a compact results viewer, that just lists the key info - card/expansion, cost and fits about 12-13 cards on my screen. In JoaD it looks like I can typically only fit about 7 cards, meaning I'm always going to have to scroll through the list. Would it be possible to include a compact view like in Dominion Shuffle, so it's easier to see all the cards at once?

It might also be nice to have some control over certain card probabilities. Being able to influence how often certain cards come out without outright banning, but this is kinda more complex I guess.

But that's really it. Other than that it feels like a really nice app, and being both free and needing no permissions is even better!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:54:58 pm by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

ObtusePunubiris

• Bishop
  • Respect: +187
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 05:03:45 pm »

First, What I would really like with the black market deck is for it to be completely virtual. What I mean is that if black market is in the game, I'd rather not go through the effort of setting up the deck. I'd rather have a button on the app I could push whenever someone plays the card, which would list the 3 possible options they could purchase. We would then go fish in the box for only the cards actually purchased.

I believe minusik has mentioned elsewhere that this is on the road map.  I agree that this will be a great feature, once implemented.

minusik

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 03:06:12 pm »
+1

As posted by ObtusePunubiris, ultimately the plan is to have virtual Black Market, but recently most of my coding energy was focused towards Adventures. Logic for Black Market is fairly easy, but I still need to figure out the best way handle UI part of it.

Secondly, I see that you have the option to use the 3 or more alchemy card rule. Would it be possible to make that a bit more flexible? I personally prefer to use a rule of 'at least 1 other alchemy card' whenever an alchemy card is in the kingdom. I find requiring 3 is often too much, and turning the rule off completely, not enough.

I just went by recommendation from rules. So, correct me if I'm wrong, what you looking is something like: 2 or more if any Alchemy card is present? Or something more specific like: 2-5, if any? Currently logic is based on Alchemy cards, not just Alchemy cards that have Potion in cost. Chance of the rule kicking in depends on number of Alchemy cards vs total of all cards selected. Few examples: 12 out of 37: ~67%, 12 out of 62: ~29%, 12 out of 113: ~7%.

minusik

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2015, 03:21:44 pm »
+4

One thing I'd quite like is a little more freedom with setting the numbers in rules. I've often used "minimum two $5 cards" in the past when playing casually - that's a recommendation straight from DXV on making games more reliably fun. But here I'd have to pick between minimum one $5 (which is better than nothing for sure) or minimum three $5's (which starts to make games somewhat $5 card heavy on average).

When designing this app, I wanted to make the setup fairly quick and casual, but still allowing good amount of flexibility. Dominion Shuffle is great in all of it's options, but you can also get lost fairly quickly and create conflicting rules. I tried to avoid at least some of that complexity. That's why I went with option of specifying 1+, 3+, 5+, because I thought it covered usable ranges. Now I see that it might be too restrictive for certain categories. I'm also not that experienced player, so I might not have the best feel for what might make a good balanced kingdom. Would it make more sense to make it 1+, 2+, 3+ or 1+, 2+, 4+ or maybe do 1,2,3 option for card categories, cost, types, but have 1,3,5 for set selection rules?

Probably the biggest thing I dislike compared to my current Dominion App (Dominion Shuffle) is that the results screen takes up a lot more room, i.e. it won't fit on my screen by a long shot. In Dominion Shuffle there's a compact results viewer, that just lists the key info - card/expansion, cost and fits about 12-13 cards on my screen. In JoaD it looks like I can typically only fit about 7 cards, meaning I'm always going to have to scroll through the list. Would it be possible to include a compact view like in Dominion Shuffle, so it's easier to see all the cards at once?

My phone has 4.7" screen, so that is my measuring stick most of the time. Other reason to make card display this way, was to provide good target for swiping, pinning, or just clicking to get info. Making it smaller might make those harder to do. I'll play around and see if I could add yet another setting - it makes the app more and more complex than I would like.

It might also be nice to have some control over certain card probabilities. Being able to influence how often certain cards come out without outright banning, but this is kinda more complex I guess.

This would be hard to do in easy way. Even now, current intersection of rules requires a lot of special exceptions in my selection code.

padlock

• Pawn
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2015, 08:19:54 pm »

As posted by ObtusePunubiris, ultimately the plan is to have virtual Black Market, but recently most of my coding energy was focused towards Adventures. Logic for Black Market is fairly easy, but I still need to figure out the best way handle UI part of it.

I just went by recommendation from rules. So, correct me if I'm wrong, what you looking is something like: 2 or more if any Alchemy card is present? Or something more specific like: 2-5, if any? Currently logic is based on Alchemy cards, not just Alchemy cards that have Potion in cost. Chance of the rule kicking in depends on number of Alchemy cards vs total of all cards selected. Few examples: 12 out of 37: ~67%, 12 out of 62: ~29%, 12 out of 113: ~7%.

I'm glad to hear about your plans for a virtual back market deck. That's absolutely fantastic.

What I was thinking of in terms of alchemy is something like "if 1 alchemy card is present then at least x alchemy cards total", where x could be user configurable.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2015, 01:33:07 pm »

I would think that 1, 2, 3 should be fine for most restrictions. Anything above 3 starts to seem a very niche restriction.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

tylorlilley

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
    • tylorlilley.com
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2015, 12:11:44 pm »

The big thing that will potentially stop me from using this app is that the screen that shows me the cards I need to get out requires me to scroll if there's any more than 10 cards -- and I have a Galaxy S4, the screen is pretty huge. This is actually a pretty big deal for me -- an option to only show the card name (instead of cost, type, etc.) would make the rows much smaller so they could all fit on one screen without scrolling.

But this interface is really nice. Like, super-nice. I'm a big fan  ;D

I second every part if this. Having the list show up on one screen with no scrolling is really nice I find. That and the Variable frequency (rather than just on/off) of Randominion are why I use it. I don't really need to see info about the card on the results screen, like what it does (where it says +3 Cards under the name or that sort of thing). I know what the cards do. If there was an option just to remove that text it would probably fit the whole alphabetical list of cards on the one screen, which is really what I'm after anyway. And the variable frequency is nice to be able to set favorite sets to 'More' to see those cards a little more often without REQUIRING them every time. Same thing for sets we like less; we can set them to 'Less' to still see them sometimes but not as frequently as other cards. Its a really handy feature to have, because I rarely want to turn a card or set completely off.

I do like the swipe to replace feature a lot though, so that's cool.

If you had options for these two features I would switch to yours in a heartbeat though. I'm using yours in the meantime since Randominion doesn't have Adventures yet; I'll let you know if I think of anything else!

Great work so far!

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 01:06:30 pm »

When sorting by Name you can get the full list. When sorting by set or by cost you cannot.

tylorlilley

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
    • tylorlilley.com
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 01:35:21 pm »

When sorting by Name you can get the full list. When sorting by set or by cost you cannot.

Not on my phone you can't! I have to scroll to get the full list even sorting by name.

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2015, 02:04:12 pm »

Not on my phone you can't! I have to scroll to get the full list even sorting by name.
Odd. I wonder if it's resolution dependent. My phone lists up to 12 items on one page. Although, I would prefer if the other sorting methods didn't have headers. All that information can be given inline with the Card Name and Cost.

tylorlilley

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
    • tylorlilley.com
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2015, 02:10:45 pm »

Odd. I wonder if it's resolution dependent. My phone lists up to 12 items on one page. Although, I would prefer if the other sorting methods didn't have headers. All that information can be given inline with the Card Name and Cost.

Yeah, I agree about the headers. My phone only displays about 9 cards at once. Even with only 10 items and nothing extra in the setup (something that's becoming exceedingly rare these days between Spoils, Ruins, Shelters, Events, Platinum, Colony, Bane cards...) I still have to scroll to see all the card names. That's why I thought it would be nice to have an option to turn off the cost/card type listed below the name when sorting by name because, again, I know those things and I don't need to see them for every card, haha.

But it is a nice app other than that! I'm probably just being too lazy not wanting to have to scroll.

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 02:14:24 pm »

Yeah, I agree about the headers. My phone only displays about 9 cards at once. Even with only 10 items and nothing extra in the setup (something that's becoming exceedingly rare these days between Spoils, Ruins, Shelters, Events, Platinum, Colony, Bane cards...) I still have to scroll to see all the card names. That's why I thought it would be nice to have an option to turn off the cost/card type listed below the name when sorting by name because, again, I know those things and I don't need to see them for every card, haha.

But it is a nice app other than that! I'm probably just being too lazy not wanting to have to scroll.
A side effect of scrolling is the issue with being unable to take a screenshot of the kingdom if you wish to share it quickly.

Phil

• Swindler
  • Shuffle iT Username: Sunfall
  • Respect: +76
    • View Profile
Feature request
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2015, 10:23:27 pm »
+5

First, this app is fantastic.  It uses Material Design in a way that doesn't bother me, which is... surprising.

Second, I have a feature request.  Is there any chance you could add the ability to save 'profiles' which contain all of the various rules/settings/etc.?  Like, I could have a profile which is 'Game Night at Home' which includes everything ever printed for Dominion, and then 'Game Night at Work' which only includes the stuff in the Big Box (because that's what we have at work).  That's a bit of a silly example, because it's not hard to switch between those two states, but I can see the use between having a "setup my nephew likes for 2p stuff" and a "setup my hardcore gamer friends like" as independent configurations, with different bans/preferences/etc.

minusik

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2015, 09:53:18 am »
+10

I second every part if this. Having the list show up on one screen with no scrolling is really nice I find. That and the Variable frequency (rather than just on/off) of Randominion are why I use it. I don't really need to see info about the card on the results screen, like what it does (where it says +3 Cards under the name or that sort of thing). I know what the cards do. If there was an option just to remove that text it would probably fit the whole alphabetical list of cards on the one screen, which is really what I'm after anyway.

New version on the play store includes setting for compact Results. I also minimized section divisions for sort by set and cost. Right now on my Nexus 4 I can fit about 13 cards, hopefully this will work for most people out there. For compact version I had to sacrifice small icon indicating linked cards (for example Black Market deck for Black Market).

There should also be a way to view all the Events.

New version fixes that, so clicking Adventures from Set Selection tab shows both cards and Events. As before, each Event or Adventure Events can be reached by searching.

I would think that 1, 2, 3 should be fine for most restrictions. Anything above 3 starts to seem a very niche restriction.

I though about it, and I think it makes sense to change rules to be 1+, 2+, 3+ (instead of 1+, 3+, 5+), so this new version changes that as well.

New version also adds Alchemy/Adventures (missed) recommended games and few other tweaks/fixes.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2015, 03:58:51 pm »

This new version seems pretty much perfect to me now, to the point I've now deleted my previous Dominion shuffle app because I'm pretty sure it's obsolete.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2015, 04:51:29 pm »

Good!  Except for some reason you have Travelling Fair costing $6.

sc0UT

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: sc0UT
  • Respect: +106
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2015, 04:57:05 pm »

Can we expect a language option in future updates which allows the user to switch to french/german/spanish etc.? Maybe just the card names without card text.
werothegreat did a great job collecting several translations for the wiki. :)

minusik

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2015, 12:27:16 pm »
+1

Good!  Except for some reason you have Travelling Fair costing $6.

Yeah, good catch, it was late Sunday night when I posted Adventures update, I will fix it in next version.

minusik

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 12:34:31 pm »

Can we expect a language option in future updates which allows the user to switch to french/german/spanish etc.? Maybe just the card names without card text.

If only there was single file with all languages that I could mold into the data I need...
Currently, I have bunch of TODOs in the code marking the places where I would need localization changes. Allowing for only card name in specified language seems like probably the easiest first step towards other language support. So yeah, localization is something that I'd like to do eventually, but in all honesty, I'm not sure when I will find a time, since I have few other things to do first.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2015, 12:37:34 pm »

If only there was single file with all languages that I could mold into the data I need...
Currently, I have bunch of TODOs in the code marking the places where I would need localization changes. Allowing for only card name in specified language seems like probably the easiest first step towards other language support. So yeah, localization is something that I'd like to do eventually, but in all honesty, I'm not sure when I will find a time, since I have few other things to do first.

It doesn't help that only six languages (French, German, Dutch, Japanese, Korean, Finnish) are translated through Guilds (and of those, I can't find Dutch Dark Ages translations or any Korean translations), and only a handful of translated cards for Adventures have been released.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2015, 12:46:37 pm »
+1

Awesome job minusik, this is absolutely the best Dominion randomizer app available. I just +1ed all your posts in this thread.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2015, 01:15:41 pm »

Just wanted to say, this is now officially the app I use, now that all the kingdom cards fit on my screen it's the best thing out there.

A couple of things I'd like to see:

1. You're allowed to make the app select 10 or more Kingdom cards, up to 16 if you want. It would also be nice if you could select less than 10, this should be very easy to implement but would help out a lot should I ever need to playtest cards or something.

2. This one may not be so simple, but hey I'll ask anyways. It would be really nice if it were possible to display all of the supply cards used for a certain game (by "supply cards" I mean anything that isn't a kingdom card) in a separate category as opposed to in-line with the kingdom cards. I store my Platinum/Colony, Ruins, Spoils, Potions, Shelters, that kind of stuff separately from the kingdom cards so it would nice to look at those in a separate list to decrease the chance that they're forgotten.

But yeah this app is awesome. Thanks for your work in putting it together ;D

minusik

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2015, 01:43:51 pm »
+2

2. This one may not be so simple, but hey I'll ask anyways. It would be really nice if it were possible to display all of the supply cards used for a certain game (by "supply cards" I mean anything that isn't a kingdom card) in a separate category as opposed to in-line with the kingdom cards. I store my Platinum/Colony, Ruins, Spoils, Potions, Shelters, that kind of stuff separately from the kingdom cards so it would nice to look at those in a separate list to decrease the chance that they're forgotten.

Did you check out Setup tab? I tried to make this the place for all the cards that are not Kingdom cards.  It also provides you with counts for cards that are dependent on number of players. Main Results tab still shows cards like Colony/Platinum, Shelters. Other dependent cards are "linked" when you click on the card (for example "See Mercenary" for Urchin). For Results that are not compact, small card or group icon indicates that there are dependent cards.

1. You're allowed to make the app select 10 or more Kingdom cards, up to 16 if you want. It would also be nice if you could select less than 10, this should be very easy to implement but would help out a lot should I ever need to playtest cards or something.

This might or not the be easy to implement. For small number of cards this might conflict with almost any rule you might set up. Generally, I wanted to avoid "failed as designed" scenarios as much as I could. I will "playtest" the change and then make decision to include it or not.  :-\

tylorlilley

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
    • tylorlilley.com
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2015, 10:24:36 am »
+1

Just wanted to pop back in and say the compact setting was everything I wanted or more! I deleted every other dominion app off my phone now, haha. This one is awesome and I'm super happy with it!

Thanks!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2015, 02:07:25 pm »

Distant Lands, Vineyards, Duke, Gardens, Fairgrounds etc. are missing from the VP counter. That said, I'm not sure a VP counter is much more efficient when using some cards such as Gardens or Vineyards.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:09:01 pm by pingpongsam »
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

minusik

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2015, 04:51:02 pm »
+1

Distant Lands, Vineyards, Duke, Gardens, Fairgrounds etc. are missing from the VP counter. That said, I'm not sure a VP counter is much more efficient when using some cards such as Gardens or Vineyards.

VP Counter only shows relevant Victory (and dependent cards) for given Results. So if there is no Distant Lands in Results tab, there will not be any in VP Counter (or Setup tab for that matter).
Similarly, if, say Adventures are not selected, then Reserve cards will not show up in Blacklist and Rules, Games will not list any recommended games with Adventures. You can almost think of interacting with app as steps: Select you cards, blacklist cards or group of cards, set some rules, create Results, tweak (swipe, add by searching, etc), set up your cards, and count you points (some suggested that you could do that during or after the game). Hope that helps to explain why cards you mentioned are not there.

tylorlilley

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
    • tylorlilley.com
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2015, 12:15:16 pm »
+2

One thing I've noticed after I started to use this app is that it doesn't stop the phone from locking while the results screen is displayed. This is something that the other Dominion apps do and I'm realizing how handy it was to not have to keep poking the screen while you are drawing cards, lest it go black in the middle of pulling some.

Is there any chance of this feature being added?

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2015, 01:26:06 pm »

Unless I am missing it, there isn't a way to save a set of selection settings.  This is a feature I use in Dominion Shuffle to have a few presets for creating games for beginners, games without slow-to-resolve cards for quicker games, or full random.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2015, 02:21:11 pm »

Unless I am missing it, there isn't a way to save a set of selection settings.  This is a feature I use in Dominion Shuffle to have a few presets for creating games for beginners, games without slow-to-resolve cards for quicker games, or full random.

You are missing it. I wrote out the same response and edited it out once I noticed it. Use the Android Context button (or menu button or whatever it is called) to bring up a menu that includes an option to "Save Results".
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Squidd

• Golem
  • Respect: +604
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2015, 02:33:32 pm »
+1

But saving the results does not save the particular rules that were used to generate those results, which is what Deadlock wants.

tylorlilley

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
    • tylorlilley.com
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2015, 12:31:16 pm »
+1

SO has work on this stopped? Just curious because having the screen not lock while taking cards out and having the ability to save your presets (like what cards are banned and what sets are used) would be really nice, as this is now my favorite go-to app for dominion randomization and I feel those two features are the only things its really missing compared to some others.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2015, 09:54:37 am »
+1

I just got Adventures and wanted to use Jack of all Dominion to select a kingdom with mostly (at least half) Adventures cards. I was disappointed this can't be done. It's the one thing I miss from Dominion Shuffle.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2015, 03:41:45 pm »

Lat time I used this, I believe Seaway or another Event that costs $5 was listed as $6 and also Summon is missing.

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +514
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2015, 04:20:25 pm »

And Travelling Fair still costs $6.

Other than that, pretty neat. I don't often use random kingdoms but if I do this would be the best way to get them.

ravi

• Bishop
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2015, 07:35:53 am »

This is such a great app but the one thing I would absolutely love to be added to it is a Black Market simulator. Dominion Picker has one but the options there is much more limited and the interface is not nearly as nice as yours. If you could incorporate that it would make Black Market so much better for IRL games. Don't need to make the deck, just need to take one card out of my huge box every time you buy a card from it.

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2016, 10:55:17 am »

I also noticed Walled Village is actually Walled Laboratory.

Also, are you planning on adding Empires?

Orange

• 2012 WBC Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Orange
  • 2012 WBC Champion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2016, 08:44:46 am »

I love this app.  Empires being added ASAP?

ObtusePunubiris

• Bishop
  • Respect: +187
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2016, 10:49:42 am »
+1

I sent the developer a PM about this on reddit a couple weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back.  I did hear back from the developer of Kingdom Shuffler though, which just edges out Jack of all Dominion as my shuffler of choice, and that bastard is planning an update.  No time frame though.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2016, 11:13:51 am »

It may never have as many features as JoaD, but I plan on updating the web randomizer I built with Empires as soon as I can after the rest of the set is revealed.

Orange

• 2012 WBC Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Orange
  • 2012 WBC Champion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2016, 01:54:48 pm »

It may never have as many features as JoaD, but I plan on updating the web randomizer I built with Empires as soon as I can after the rest of the set is revealed.

URL?

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2016, 02:08:42 pm »
+1

URL?

I posted about it in General Discussion here.
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=15551.0

Feel free to post suggestions in that thread if you have them. I might spend a bit more time this week working on features in addition to inputting the Empires cards since that will take almost no time.

Petrovic

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2016, 10:48:20 pm »
+1

Wanted to look up the text on a dominion card today so I opened Jack of all Dominion on my phone. Was surprised to see that sometime over the last two weeks, the app has been updated and now includes the Empires expansion. Hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere on f.ds, so t thought I would mention it...

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1492
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2016, 11:08:23 pm »

Wanted to look up the text on a dominion card today so I opened Jack of all Dominion on my phone. Was surprised to see that sometime over the last two weeks, the app has been updated and now includes the Empires expansion. Hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere on f.ds, so t thought I would mention it...

Hah, the same thing happened to me!

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2016, 04:43:00 pm »

Although they only show up in the main list and not any of the "rule" sections (like give me at least 1 village, etc.)

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2017, 02:15:55 am »

This has been since updated for all 8 promos (to date), Empires, and 1st Editions (base game and Intrigue).

With both this and Dom. Shuffle, I'm still having a bit of trouble working out some fine details with the rules and how to set rules like at least 3 to 4 Adv. cards, and 3 to 4 Emp. cards, all the others are fine; or 2 to 5 Events and 2 to 5 Landmarks.

One thing that does set this app apart is using it as a reference to the cards.  Whenever they're discussed online, I can just bring this app up for details  8)

Some feature requests I'd like to put in are:
1) to search the presets by set
So for example, show all presets that use card from Guilds

2) Show all presets that uses a particular card

3) browse through lists
For either of the 2 above, I can swipe left or right to go to the next/previous item in the list.
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

Avin

• Spy
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2017, 10:26:39 am »

I've had this feature request in for a while now emailed but maybe I'll put it here too then. I would like to be able to select a specific event/landmark and add it to the current kingdom. You can search for a card and hit the "plus" to add it, but you can't do the same with events/landmarks, which makes designing a specific kingdom to play later difficult.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 20 queries.