Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Adventures Retailers  (Read 2140 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
Adventures Retailers
« on: April 18, 2015, 04:14:18 pm »

Does anyone know retailers in Manhattan that would have (or, better yet, are verified having) Adventures in stock?  I'm not having the best of luck searching online.  People in other areas can use this thread to post who has it in their region.

Also, I'm sure this is stated already, but does Adventures come with a set of Base (Treasure and Victory) cards?  That is, is it playable standalone with just its box?

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures Retailers
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 04:18:51 pm »

I don't know anything about adventures coming with base cards, so I'd think it doesn't.  I went to my FLGS and they said they'd probably get Adventures in the Wednesday after it came out, so the 22nd.

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1399
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 04:27:04 pm »
+1

Adventures does not come with base cards.

When Intrigue was released, it was the first expansion after base Dominion. A lot of people at the time did not have base Dominion, and were unfamiliar with Dominion.  It was that new.  So that's why Intrigue was released with base cards and playable as a standalone.

Later expansions weren't standalone because at that point more people were familiar with Dominion, and had either the base set or Intrigue to play new expansions with.
My opponent has more loot than me

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 04:29:10 pm »

Thanks :)  I think I'm going to pick up Adventures, but it will be the first physical Dominion box I will own.  I've always played with my friends' sets.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 04:30:47 pm »

Does anyone know retailers in Manhattan that would have (or, better yet, are verified having) Adventures in stock?  I'm not having the best of luck searching online.  People in other areas can use this thread to post who has it in their region.

Also, I'm sure this is stated already, but does Adventures come with a set of Base (Treasure and Victory) cards?  That is, is it playable standalone with just its box?

Try calling/emailing one of these places: http://riograndegames.com/store-search?address=Manhattan%2C+NY&latitude=&longitude=&radius=10

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 04:31:03 pm »

Thanks :)  I think I'm going to pick up Adventures, but it will be the first physical Dominion box I will own.  I've always played with my friends' sets.

If you want to save a bit of money, you can buy the base cards separately and play with just Adventures for now. I actually bought the Base Cards even though I own every expansion, just because the box was conveniently small and the cards looked nice.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.224 seconds with 20 queries.