Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion VP ....glitch?  (Read 4389 times)

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
  • Highest Rank/Rating: 58/5600
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
Dominion VP ....glitch?
« on: April 18, 2015, 01:49:07 am »

Code: [Select]
Forager, Monument, Salvager, Ghost Ship, Minion, Soothsayer, Trading Post, Farmland, Harem, Nobles
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150417/log.50d39f75e4b020b2e89ea414.1429331508960.txt

I had a screenshot of the final page, but as I was posting it my computer froze indefinitely. It showed (on the end-of-game panel, which I took a screenshot of) that he had 33 VP and I had 30 when I resigned. But in the chat you could see my final "#vp?" using his counter which said he had 37 and I had 30

The log above shows that the game finished 33-30...according to the number at the bottom.... but displays 37-30 along the sidebar and in the graph. I'm almost certain he would have been able to buy the last Province before I resigned, but I would probably have waited it out if I thought I was only down 33-30. I thought it was 37-30.

There's no way to gain VP mid-turn or when it's not your turn. Can someone explain what happened here??
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 01:50:12 am by Flip5ide »
"If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything." - William Lyon Phelps

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion VP ....glitch?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 02:00:19 am »
+2

The log loses track of cards that enter play. If a game ends mid-turn, cards that are in play are not considered to be in the player's deck.

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 04:00:52 am »

The log loses track of cards that enter play. If a game ends mid-turn, cards that are in play are not considered to be in the player's deck.

That almost explains it...

Except for the fact that it showed I had 37 when I really had 33? If it was the other way around then that explanation would probably be accurate.
"If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything." - William Lyon Phelps

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 05:29:29 am »

You have 4 Provinces, 2 Harems, and a Farmland, totaling 30 points. Your opponent has 3 Provinces, 6 Nobles, and 7 VP chips, totaling 37 points. He played 2 Nobles on his turn before you resigned. The log displays your opponent as incorrectly having 33 points because he played 2 Nobles.

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 10:14:17 am »

You have 4 Provinces, 2 Harems, and a Farmland, totaling 30 points. Your opponent has 3 Provinces, 6 Nobles, and 7 VP chips, totaling 37 points. He played 2 Nobles on his turn before you resigned. The log displays your opponent as incorrectly having 33 points because he played 2 Nobles.

When the game ended, the screen showed that I was only down 33-30. Are you saying it would have shown that I was ahead 29-30 if he played 2 more Nobles?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4385
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 10:21:03 am »
+1

When the game ended, the screen showed that I was only down 33-30. Are you saying it would have shown that I was ahead 29-30 if he played 2 more Nobles?

Yes.

This obviously doesn't matter since Resignation is the overriding factor on who won. But it does look weird.

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 12:00:47 pm »

Yes.

This obviously doesn't matter since Resignation is the overriding factor on who won. But it does look weird.

I guess this doesn't come into play much because VP cards are rarely played to be stuck in such a limbo.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1184
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 11:25:57 am »

If the game ends normally, are duration cards which are in play counted for gardens?

swedenman

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 04:01:47 pm »

If the game ends normally, are duration cards which are in play counted for gardens?

I imagine they are. The instructions are very clear about what cards are returned to the deck at the end of the game. I assume this glitch only occurs because the game doesn't actually end, so it never tries to return those cards to the deck. I at least have never noticed an incorrect score for Alt VP cards.

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 07:19:38 pm »

I imagine they are. The instructions are very clear about what cards are returned to the deck at the end of the game. I assume this glitch only occurs because the game doesn't actually end, so it never tries to return those cards to the deck. I at least have never noticed an incorrect score for Alt VP cards.

I think the question was asking about more the actual rules of the game, than the online programming. Is that correct? I guess there are no rules for "resigning" IRL..

swedenman

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 07:59:50 pm »

I think the question was asking about more the actual rules of the game, than the online programming. Is that correct? I guess there are no rules for "resigning" IRL..

Yes, that is definitely correct. In-play cards are always part of your deck for scoring purposes. Though I don't really think there needs to be rules for resigning irl because if one player resigns then that person loses, there's nothing more to it.

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 09:16:52 pm »

Can someone explain this one?

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20150426/log.516d2730e4b082c74d7b102a.1430097126715.txt

Btw I resigned just cause of my hand, which was literally the worst hand possible with the cards in my deck.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:18:35 pm by Flip5ide »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 04:54:40 am »
+1

Btw I resigned just cause of my hand, which was literally the worst hand possible with the cards in my deck.

3 Estates, Province and Spice Merchant is literally the worst hand possible with the cards in your deck.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 06:05:26 am »

3 Estates, Province and Spice Merchant is literally the worst hand possible with the cards in your deck.

Crap, maybe I shouldn't have resigned.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.