Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Question : Rules book on RGG web site ?  (Read 55465 times)

Emeric

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Emeric
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
Question : Rules book on RGG web site ?
« on: April 07, 2015, 08:08:05 am »
+1

I put "Question" in my topic like that reader won't think I inform that the rules are on the RGG site.
I just want to know if someone know the day we can expect to find the rules book on the RGG site ?

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
Re: Question : Rules book on RGG web site ?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 11:22:13 am »
+1

I would imagine that will line up with the release of the game. Sometime in the next couple weeks.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 12:59:08 pm »
+2

I put "Question" in my topic like that reader won't think I inform that the rules are on the RGG site.
I just want to know if someone know the day we can expect to find the rules book on the RGG site ?
It will be the day Jay thinks of it and decides it's not too early. I don't have data on previous expansions to say how close to the release date that typically is.

Orange

• 2012 WBC Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Orange
  • 2012 WBC Champion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 01:35:58 pm »
+6

Today seems like a good day.   ;D

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 06:22:58 pm »

When we're talking about the rulebook, I assume this includes the thing that has explanations of all the cards in it?

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 06:30:42 pm »

When we're talking about the rulebook, I assume this includes the thing that has explanations of all the cards in it?
If its like the previous rule books then yes. All the cards will be in it.

Throwaway_bicycling

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 09:34:11 pm »

And according to the author of this post, the rulebook will be posted on April 18:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18908466#18908466

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 11:16:02 am »
+4

And according to the author of this post, the rulebook will be posted on April 18:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18908466#18908466

Bah, what does he know?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 12:17:48 am »
+1

Well, I'm impatient. I already checked RGG because I forgot they are in Mountain time. (Not that they are going to rush to put it up tonight)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 12:21:30 am »
+1

Well, I'm impatient. I already checked RGG because I forgot they are in Mountain time. (Not that they are going to rush to put it up tonight)

I doubt Jay will post it at the crack of midnight.  If I'm wrong, feel free to start updating the wiki without me.  I'm going to bed.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Arctic Penguin

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +54
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 01:54:20 am »
+15

The rules are up! I guess Pacific time has its perks occasionally.

EDIT: The wiki now has most of the information and low res images from the rules if you're interested in browsing the cards.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:42:52 am by Arctic Penguin »

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 02:55:05 am »
+1

So I was both right and wrong. Neato.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 02:59:21 am »
+2

Woo!

Wasn't there something like Raze in the Seaside contest?  Royal Carriage is cool, I've always wanted a $5 Throne variant.  Wine Merchant is the cool idea someone (maybe eHalcyon?) suggested of having a Reserve that uses the reserve mechanic as a drawback, but I think it's just going to be really weak.  Terminal money just isn't that great and the drawback seems too harsh for it.  Port sounds pretty nice.  Distant Lands is cool.

Okay, so Champion is nuts.  I was reading all the other ones and they sounded pretty weak, but I guess it's worth it for Champion.  I'm not sure how I feel about it giving you +1 Action on every action you play.  It means in a lot (most? all?) games, you just have unlimited actions and that's that.  At first I thought it had an interaction with Reserves that made that not always be the case, but I don't think that does it either, right?  It's just unlimited actions after a certain point, and it combos with Diadem?  Is Champion the one AdamH didn't like?  I can see why, it kind of just negates two big mechanics of Dominion (attacks and limited actions).

Hey Disciple is like the opposite of Procession.  Teacher is cool but it doesn't sound like it's nearly as bonkers as Champion.  You have to play it from your hand first and it's terminal, and it's already a ton of work to get one.

Okay events: Ooh is there a cool thing you can do with Bonfire and Alms?  Burn all your treasures and then go asking people for more.  Ferry should enable all sorts of cool shenanigans for puzzles with Border Village and Haggler.  Hey Tracking is called Scouting Party.  That is literally the best thing it could have been named.  And Travelling Fair, I think I suggested something very similar to that in the fan events thread, so that's cool!

For now that's all my comments that no one asked for.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 02:59:51 am »
+8

Rules are here for anyone who needs the link: http://riograndegames.com/Game/1285-Dominion-Adventures

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1855
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 03:53:15 am »

so omg champion is good

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 04:02:44 am »

Errata:

This game is perfect

:D

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1397
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 04:29:37 am »

Champion is crazy. But okay, I'm calling it now. 8)
My opponent has more loot than me

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 04:45:16 am »
+4

Why am I hiring Gandalf to catch rats? Doesn't he have more important stuff to do?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 05:11:10 am »

I remember seeing Wine Merchant in playtesting and thinking that it was super weak. I'm pretty sure it's been unchanged and I'm wondering if I'm missing something about how the card is supposed to be played...

EDIT: Raze resembles a certain $2 card in playtesting, thank goodness that got changed.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 05:14:01 am by dondon151 »

Gherald

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 05:28:05 am »
+1

Wine Merchant offers flexibility in springing for something high cost soon (say a King's Court, Prince, or Forge) and then buying some low cost engine part to go with it on your next turn.

I agree it may seem a bit pricey on some boards that have better 5's and other sources of buy around -- but I'll bet it'll see more frequent use and be more important than, say, Explorer.  And.. say it with me now: They can't all be the best $5 ever.

Sidsel

• Bishop
  • Respect: +174
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 05:41:01 am »

Can Teacher move an already placed token? I can't see it coming up much, since it's very slow (late in game, must go back and forth to Tavern mat), but theoretically at least.. If Lost Arts can move the token to a new pile, I guess Teacher also could?

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 05:49:16 am »

Wine Merchant offers flexibility in springing for something high cost soon (say a King's Court, Prince, or Forge) and then buying some low cost engine part to go with it on your next turn.

This is super obvious, my point was that I don't see a context in which Wine Merchant is remotely strong.

Gherald

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 06:04:24 am »
+1

Well in considering that obvious thing, I can imagine plenty of kingdoms that would benefit from a Wine Merchant.  It's a cool card and fits an interesting niche, kind of like a Death Cart or a Baron.

It's not the merchant itself that's strong, it's that early Forge or Platinum that could be strong. And the other buying flexibilities it provides. Other times it's just a woodcutter with a sort of Journey token flavor.

Orange

• 2012 WBC Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Orange
  • 2012 WBC Champion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 06:35:41 am »

Some initial thoughts:

Port:  jump-start an engine early after a couple terminal buys
Raze:  sneaky good 2-coster; a little early-game trashing and some mid-game hand-stacking and deck-cycling
Bridge Troll:  clever card, need to consider further
Royal Carriage:  weak 5er
Wine Merchant:  love it, like a super-powered borrow that you can pay back whenever, or not at all
Artificer:  a beast in the right deck (like Crossroads/alt VP, or Cursed/Ruined)
Miser:  get a +1 Action token or Inheritance token on it and you are off to the races with your personal, controllable Pirate Ship
Distant Lands:  Rare to choose this over Duchy during the stage in the game when you are spending 5 for a Victory card, no?
Champion and Teacher:  both worth getting to quickly with deck cyclers

Events
Ferry:  could make for some powerful combos with cards that affect things that cost 4 or less, like Inheritance, Workshop, Armory, Prince, etc.  Play Armory and top-deck a Grand Market?  Don't mind if I do!

Pathfinding:  cost 8?  Wow I wouldn't have guessed that is so strong, but I must be wrong

Travelling Fair:  thought this would cost 1, but with the top-decking 2 seems right

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 06:39:51 am »
+1

Some initial thoughts:

Port:  jump-start an engine early after a couple terminal buys
Raze:  sneaky good 2-coster; a little early-game trashing and some mid-game hand-stacking and deck-cycling
Bridge Troll:  clever card, need to consider further
Royal Carriage:  weak 5er
Wine Merchant:  love it, like a super-powered borrow that you can pay back whenever, or not at all
Artificer:  a beast in the right deck (like Crossroads/alt VP, or Cursed/Ruined)
Miser:  get a +1 Action token or Inheritance token on it and you are off to the races with your personal, controllable Pirate Ship
Distant Lands:  Rare to choose this over Duchy during the stage in the game when you are spending 5 for a Victory card, no?
Champion and Teacher:  both worth getting to quickly with deck cyclers

Events
Ferry:  could make for some powerful combos with cards that affect things that cost 4 or less, like Inheritance, Workshop, Armory, Prince, etc.  Play Armory and top-deck a Grand Market?  Don't mind if I do!

Pathfinding:  cost 8?  Wow I wouldn't have guessed that is so strong, but I must be wrong

Travelling Fair:  thought this would cost 1, but with the top-decking 2 seems right

Personally, I think pathfinding could have cost more. 
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.