Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: How should Colonies/Shelters be Implemented after Adventures  (Read 9158 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
Re: How should Colonies/Shelters be Implemented after Adventures
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 02:02:41 pm »
+4

I definitely think that there shouldn't be dozens of different ratings, but rather one standard for rated games.

Arctic Penguin

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +54
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 03:04:59 pm »
+2

I like the option to "Pick 5 from 2 sets" whether it has a separate rating or not. If Dominion Online does implement this, it seems better if the cards are chosen to maintain roughly the same odds of seeing a specific card across all sets. Instead of "Pick 2 sets, then pick 5 cards from each set" it could be something like "Pick 2 cards, then pick 4 other cards from the sets of the original 2". Otherwise, you'll be seeing any given Cornucopia, Guilds, or Alchemy card twice as often as a card from a standard sized set, and almost 3 times as often as a Dark Ages card. If you don't weight the set selection by card count, then a Cornucopia card like Tournament will appear in ~7.7% of all games, while a Dark Ages card will appear in ~2.8%.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 03:24:43 pm »
+3

I like the option to "Pick 5 from 2 sets" whether it has a separate rating or not. If Dominion Online does implement this, it seems better if the cards are chosen to maintain roughly the same odds of seeing a specific card across all sets. Instead of "Pick 2 sets, then pick 5 cards from each set" it could be something like "Pick 2 cards, then pick 4 other cards from the sets of the original 2". Otherwise, you'll be seeing any given Cornucopia, Guilds, or Alchemy card twice as often as a card from a standard sized set, and almost 3 times as often as a Dark Ages card. If you don't weight the set selection by card count, then a Cornucopia card like Tournament will appear in ~7.7% of all games, while a Dark Ages card will appear in ~2.8%.
In my proposal it was proportional to the number of cards in the set.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 05:32:05 pm »
+1

Regarding non fully random kingdoms, I'd like to try a random bias system, where one expansion is randomly selected and cards from that expansion have an increased probability of showing up. This would lead to expansion-internal synergies/themes coming up more, while still allowing for combos that include more than two sets.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.