Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 258041 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D4)
« Reply #2400 on: July 16, 2015, 03:15:59 pm »

What if the power is resurrection but it's 1-shot resurrect a dude as a vampire or something? Does setup info have anything about alignment flipping?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2401 on: July 16, 2015, 03:20:59 pm »

What I'm speculating on here is that it seems like an underreaction to me.

I don't believe you, I think you're scum.  I point out fishy things about your claim.  Ash keeps his vote on you, but mostly just sort of asks "why are we voting me again" and let's me poke holes rather than doing it himself.

It has me worried that he actually may be scum.

And I guess the only reason I'm asking you is
1) You're actually talking to me and I like dialogue and addressing things to someone and
2) You're postulating that Ash and I are scumbuddies, but that position would seem ridiculous from where I'm sitting.

Well, I mostly think that ash is EgorK's scumbuddy. But I think that regardless of your alignment, you also have a whateverbuddy because you're clearly interested in influencing the game after your own death. It would make sense that you're lying and the third member of the Vampire faction. It would also make sense that you're telling the truth about being in a third party and you have a partner of some kind, which could be ashersky (then EgorK might have another scumbuddy that we haven't found yet, or he might have been just a SK), or ashersky could still be EgorK's partner and your partner is someone else.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2402 on: July 16, 2015, 03:21:19 pm »

What if the power is resurrection but it's 1-shot resurrect a dude as a vampire or something? Does setup info have anything about alignment flipping?

Yes, there's no alignment flipping.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 16, 2015, 03:22:01 pm »

The setup post does say that a player's wincon can't change during the course of the game.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 16, 2015, 03:24:32 pm »

Hmm, that negates my concern there, then, and throws me back into confusion.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2405 on: July 16, 2015, 03:32:26 pm »

That power as a scum power though... That just seems terribly unlikely.

Why not refuse to claim it and just silently use it to bring back EgorK and waste another day of town's time?

Well, he was going to get targeted by an investigative role tonight. It depends a lot on the setup, but it's definitely possible that he thought that his only chance of winning was to do everything in his power to convince the investigative roles to target someone else instead.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: July 16, 2015, 03:34:18 pm »

Not my going on. I want an ash lynch.

If he flips scum, yay. If not we autolynch awaclus and then probably keep UoS and scum hunt for the last one.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2407 on: July 16, 2015, 03:35:12 pm »

If that's why he did though, it sure must have been frustrating to find out that he had already been targeted by an investigative role.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 16, 2015, 03:41:19 pm »

You're absolutely correct that I have some interest in influencing the game after I'm dead.  But if I were scum, how would my flip incriminate you when you were claiming to have my win-con and that it was a scum wincon?  Why would I even be pushing that argument if my flip would immediately negate it?

Anyway, yeah the fact that he claimed Doctor while knowing I have a power that can counterclaim him if he's lying, but felt the need to claim a resurrection power implies to me that he's probably not lying about doctor.  I mean maybe scum have a doctor?  In which case there almost must be a serial killer, although you'd think we'd have seen more night kills.  But if he hadn't claimed, he could have tried to spin the results I gave as pro-town if he's not really a doctor instead of being caught out in a lie.

I just don't see the scum narrative for his claim yesterday.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 16, 2015, 03:43:59 pm »

Unless he already knew about the redirection thing, but that really looked 3rd-party-ish.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: July 16, 2015, 03:45:33 pm »

I'm at about 65% wanting to lynch ash and 35% wanting to lynch UoS/Awa. Thats where I'm currently sitting.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2411 on: July 16, 2015, 03:47:54 pm »

You're absolutely correct that I have some interest in influencing the game after I'm dead.  But if I were scum, how would my flip incriminate you when you were claiming to have my win-con and that it was a scum wincon?  Why would I even be pushing that argument if my flip would immediately negate it?

Anyway, yeah the fact that he claimed Doctor while knowing I have a power that can counterclaim him if he's lying, but felt the need to claim a resurrection power implies to me that he's probably not lying about doctor.  I mean maybe scum have a doctor?  In which case there almost must be a serial killer, although you'd think we'd have seen more night kills.  But if he hadn't claimed, he could have tried to spin the results I gave as pro-town if he's not really a doctor instead of being caught out in a lie.

I just don't see the scum narrative for his claim yesterday.

Well, mostly it was WW who reacted that way to my claim. It makes sense with the 3rd party narrative, but it could have been a very good act.

Also, there are 2 town vigs, so a scum doctor doesn't seem all that unlikely. Especially if it fits with the flavor of his character.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 16, 2015, 03:54:37 pm »

Vote: awaclus
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 16, 2015, 03:56:27 pm »

We both did, but WW and I are the same person, so that's moot anyway.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2414 on: July 16, 2015, 04:02:33 pm »

We both did, but WW and I are the same person, so that's moot anyway.

Well, you weren't there to react to it. You were consistent with WW's reaction later, but that doesn't really mean anything.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: July 16, 2015, 04:07:03 pm »

You all know I'm traveling, so I don't have time to fight.

I'm not scum, I have tremendous value to town, and I haven't lied to you.

I never had to claim resurrect, definitely didn't have to resurrect town.  Just being lynched as scum is strictly better than resurrecting town and being lynched, because I ensured town numbers got bigger.

Think in terms of scum narratives.  Awaclus has adjusted, added to, lied about, and modified his claims multiple times every time a hole is found.  He's now claiming on behalf of dead non-townies.  He's doing everything he can to live, not to help town win.  Remember, town wins dead or alive.  Awaclus doesn't care about you, only himself.

UoS is playing a terrible scum game if he's scum. 

I think there is at least one scum in the mild lurkers group -- mail-mi/chairs more recently/any of the players you can't name off the top of your head.  Also, I stay convinced that the "masons" could definitely be lying.

Maybe we need more veterans in the game.  I'm the single easiest player to read on this forum, so if anyone thinks I'm scum, they 1) are lying scum, 2) are new and haven't played many games with me, or 3) aren't reading the game.  If you end up mislynching me, at least I get the satisfaction of rubbing how wrong you were about me in your faces.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: July 16, 2015, 04:10:40 pm »

That felt like town ash vote: awaclus

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: July 16, 2015, 04:25:36 pm »

Day 4 Final Vote Count

Awaclus (6): UmbrageOfSnow, A Drowned Kernel, mail-mi, 2.71828....., ashersky, chairs
ashersky (3): Delirious Deleuze, hockeysemlan, Awaclus

Not Voting (1): Hydrad

With 11 alive, it took 6 to lynch.
Night 4 starts in approximately 24 hours. I will try to make this move forward as quickly as possible despite my VLA.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2418 on: July 16, 2015, 04:27:05 pm »

Thread not locked? Well, I was still telling the truth about Ichi and the QTs.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: July 16, 2015, 04:27:12 pm »

So we have a 24 hour twilight?

Can we talk all that time since the thread isn't locked?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: July 16, 2015, 04:27:29 pm »

At some point late after midnight, Lorne leaves the Caritas. The perpetual night in Los Angeles has boosted the popularity of his club greatly. If he wanted, he could leave it open 24/7, and always have guests. But, of course, he has other business to attend to.

He rings on a door, and a furious Lilah opens. "I called you HOURS ago! Where have you BEEN?"

"Well, I am a demon of many responsibilities", responds Lorne.

Anya watches them from afar. So he worked with the bad guys. She knew there was something fishy about the way he had only told her that Tara had been transformed into a vampire. He used her.

She draws the gun she took from the Hyperion, takes aim, hits Lorne in the head.

Awaclus has been lynched. He was Lorne, the Wolfram&Hart-aligned Aura-reading Karaoke Bar Host.

THREAD LOCKED!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:07:41 pm by faust »

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: July 17, 2015, 03:56:35 am »

Night 4 begins now and lasts until Sunday, 4 pm forum time. All night actions are due until Saturday, 4 pm forum time.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (N4)
« Reply #2422 on: July 19, 2015, 02:21:39 pm »

Due to a minor messup on my part, the night has to be extended a bit. The players in question have been informed. Please check your QTs so we can start D5 ASAP.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (N4)
« Reply #2423 on: July 19, 2015, 06:47:40 pm »

Wesley's eyes open slowly and he lifts himself up. He lies on a book on demonology. He must have fallen asleep while reading. As he slowly wakes from his uncomforting dreams, he realizes the light around him. Light that is not cast from the old light bulbs in the lamps around him, but from the sun blazing through the windows.

The daylight has returned to Los Angeles! Amazed, Wesley looks through the window. How did it happen? He runs into the lobby to tell the others, only to find them standing there already, grouped around the couch where Cordelia went to sleep last night. She still lies there, her eyes wide open, and does not move one bit.

mail-mi has been killed! He was Cordelia Chase, the Town-aligned Vision Girl.

Daylight has returned to Los Angeles. From now on, whenever a vampire performs an action other than giving items during the day, they will die.

THREAD UNLOCKED!

Vote Count 5.0

Not Voting (9): 2.71828....., chairs, UmbrageOfSnow, silverspawn, ashersky, hockeysemlan, A Drowned Kernel, Delirious Deleuze, Hydrad

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 5 ends July 28 at 6 pm forum time.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D5)
« Reply #2424 on: July 19, 2015, 07:33:05 pm »

Anyone with a claimed day action should have to do it today.

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.