Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 258296 times)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D2)
« Reply #975 on: June 23, 2015, 10:04:17 am »

EgorK, was your investigation global?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 23, 2015, 10:11:29 am »

I've already said. It returned all demons in some subset of players

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 23, 2015, 10:12:13 am »

How was the subset chosen? Are you certain ADK and Awaclus were in that specified subset?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 23, 2015, 10:37:26 am »

How was the subset chosen? Are you certain ADK and Awaclus were in that specified subset?

Yes, I know this subset and ADK and Awaclus were in it. And I do not want to elaborate this further for now

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #979 on: June 23, 2015, 10:49:00 am »

That's a dilapidated stretch, man.

The role in mafia is "Neighborizer" and is a player of either alignment who can invite players to talk at night in a QT.  To say the Neighborizer doesn't "create" the Neighborhood is a crazy semantic argument.

I say, as a mod, that the Neighborizer must create the neighborhood.  Maybe the mod creates the QT in which that neighborhood is housed.

My role is not "Neighborizer", it's "Karaoke bar host". A neighborizer targets people and they all end up in the QT. I target people, they must voluntarily accept the invitation, and then the QT is created for me and everyone who accepted, and the QT has other mechanics besides just being able to talk.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #980 on: June 23, 2015, 10:50:09 am »

Even if I didn't invite anyone, the QT would still be created for just me and those mechanics would then apply to just me (i.e. I couldn't target myself).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 23, 2015, 11:08:02 am »

Even if I didn't invite anyone, the QT would still be created for just me and those mechanics would then apply to just me (i.e. I couldn't target myself).
yeah that does sound plausible. I'm not sure whether or not faust would actually answer the question 'is there a town who can create the ..." with 'no' though.  it's also possible that he would say 'no but there's a town who can invite people'. both seem like legit decisions.

basically, this is a non-trivial syntax issue with high significance for the game. and if faust doesn't clear it up, all we can do is speculate.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 23, 2015, 01:24:15 pm »

But you admit that scum created the neighborhood yo which you can invite people.  That's the slip you made.

You should not believe that mail-mi is "technically correct" if you are town with the Caritas power.  Because if you concede a non-town player is in charge of Caritas and you just invite people to it...well, how would town know that?

That's the scum slip.

No player created the neighborhood. It inherently exists, I can just invite people there.

That's a dilapidated stretch, man.

The role in mafia is "Neighborizer" and is a player of either alignment who can invite players to talk at night in a QT.  To say the Neighborizer doesn't "create" the Neighborhood is a crazy semantic argument.

I say, as a mod, that the Neighborizer must create the neighborhood.  Maybe the mod creates the QT in which that neighborhood is housed.

mail-mi said he would ask faust for confirmation on this semantic thing, and he hasn't since answered. if it was as clear as you think it is, don't you think faust would have confirmed?

@mail-mi: did you get an answer?

I thought I said before, but yup I got an answer of "I can't tell you."

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 23, 2015, 01:24:35 pm »

But, yeah, vote: mail-mi.

So um DeDe now that you're sober, want to vote Awaclus now?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 23, 2015, 01:28:04 pm »

I don't think Mail-Mi is scum.  Egor I'm really not sure on, along with everyone involved in the Awaclus, ADK, Lekkit thing.  I still think ADK's response to Egor's claim was a scummy. Kind of... forced calmness?  Like not trying to overreact to getting caught. 

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 23, 2015, 01:35:59 pm »

But, yeah, vote: mail-mi.

So um DeDe now that you're sober, want to vote Awaclus now?

Thanks, and no. I stand by thinking he's town. I think EgorK is scum, and at best if we lynch him we get info on Lekkit and Awaclus.

Vote: EgorK.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 23, 2015, 04:56:14 pm »

I'd vote egork except I'm already there.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 24, 2015, 03:58:13 am »

Vote Count 2.6

Awaclus (3): Lekkit, ashersky, mail-mi
EgorK (3): hockeysemlan, chairs, Delirious Deleuze
A Drowned Kernel (1): EgorK
Witherweaver (1): Awaclus

Not Voting (5): 2.71828....., Ichimaru Gin, silverspawn, A Drowned Kernel, Witherweaver

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 ends June 27 at noon forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 24, 2015, 05:18:48 am »

EgorK, why didn't you accuse me of being scum, since I'm also a demon? And if you're town, why didn't you tell all of us these subsets? It would make finding scum MUCH easier. Because you suspected that demons dind't have to equal scum? In that case, your initial Awaclus vote doesn't make much sense.

As much as I still doubt ADK is town, and I'm starting to come with terms with my investigation being tampered with, I think you're scum. Because your claim doesn't seem to add up.

Vote: EgorK

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 24, 2015, 06:41:09 am »

I think Lekkit and EgorK should both flavor claim, given they are the ones at odds here.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: June 24, 2015, 07:42:59 am »

I'm starting to think some kind of Egor/Lekkit team.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 24, 2015, 08:03:59 am »

I think Lekkit and EgorK should both flavor claim, given they are the ones at odds here.

I'm Spike.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 24, 2015, 08:54:17 am »

EgorK, why didn't you accuse me of being scum, since I'm also a demon? And if you're town, why didn't you tell all of us these subsets? It would make finding scum MUCH easier. Because you suspected that demons dind't have to equal scum? In that case, your initial Awaclus vote doesn't make much sense.

As much as I still doubt ADK is town, and I'm starting to come with terms with my investigation being tampered with, I think you're scum. Because your claim doesn't seem to add up.

How this could help town aside from catching someone lying about alignment (and for that reason it should be kept secret)?
Why do you assume you was in the subset on which my power was exercised?
You see, you are the one whose claim do not add up at the moment. I understand that there may be reasons for it, but still, this looks like you try to redirect attention from you.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 24, 2015, 08:57:01 am »

I am Tara Maclay

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 24, 2015, 09:02:35 am »

I'm reasonably certain Tara Maclay is dead at this juncture - I can't be certain, but I suspect we're past season 6.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 24, 2015, 09:24:49 am »

I'm reasonably certain Tara Maclay is dead at this juncture - I can't be certain, but I suspect we're past season 6.

According to setup post it is Buffy season 6, not past it. Though I know nothing more about setup

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 24, 2015, 10:02:39 am »

so, what are Spike and Tara? humans, vampires, demons, ponies?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 24, 2015, 10:07:34 am »

so, what are Spike and Tara? humans, vampires, demons, ponies?

I wanted to be pony, but got myself measly human.

Lekkit said he is demon

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 24, 2015, 10:10:54 am »

Spike was a vampire with bleached blonde hair.  He was kind of an antihero.  A bad guy but Buffy had a thing for him, and sometimes he did some goodish things. 

Well, I'm basing this off of his appearances in Angel.  I never watched Buffy.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 24, 2015, 10:14:00 am »

How this could help town aside from catching someone lying about alignment (and for that reason it should be kept secret)?
Why do you assume you was in the subset on which my power was exercised?
You see, you are the one whose claim do not add up at the moment. I understand that there may be reasons for it, but still, this looks like you try to redirect attention from you.

See, the reason I asked about if your power was global or not was because I wanted to know if it affected everyone, which  you now say it didn't?

Spike sure is a vampire. He was the antagonist of season 2 of Buffy, but made some reappearances. In season 4, he got chipped by some kind of military branch, making him feel immense pain whenever he attacks a human. He then falls for Buffy and reluctantly help the gang out throughout the series. At one point he gets his soul back and is tormented by that.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.